Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    That's some serious drama!
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • Spookykat306Spookykat306 Posts: 47 Member
    I am going with Patriarchy - First Born - Strict Traditional
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I am going with Patriarchy - First Born - Strict Traditional

I like the sounds of that one. Have fun! :)

• SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    Equality- Strict Traditional- Merit (or just the kid I like the best)
  • CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    I've already posted what laws my first legacy is going to follow, but yesterday I had another idea, for my second legacy, so I'll write it down here, too! :D I'm going for Strict Equality - Living Will - Strict Traditional! I'm going to make sure that the child with the highest relationship with the previous heir, will be the one with the most closely resembling genetics to my founder! I wanna make sure that all the heirs look almost veeery much like my founder! Oooh, I'm so excited for this one, it really will be a challenge,because I will have to wait for all of them to be old enough so I can compare who took the founder's genetics more accurately! If no one in a generation takes them, well, I'm gonna have a hard time :p
  • KeiyalolKeiyalol Posts: 32 Member
    Strict Equality - Living Will - Strict Traditional for me as well. I really like the idea of the having the child with the highest relationship inherit, fits in with my play style pretty well.
  • ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    I'll probably play a Strict Patriarchy - First Born - Strict Traditional. This is entirely motivated by a desire to keep the last name in tact :p
  • AyerimRPDAyerimRPD Posts: 54 Member
    I can't wait for my first legacy on TS4! So ready to give it a try, can't wait for official rules :D
    tumblr_n1x8qqOPAa1r2y7r9o4_500.gif
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I have actually been thinking hard about the succession line. I'm going to have a Matriarchy - Merit - Strict Traditional. I have full rights to change my mind and combine both Merit and Living Will because I think that would be an interesting challenge, but I will see.

I always end up viewing the rules more like guidelines anyway. The only one I actually follow is the "strict traditional" part of the challenge. :D
  • Ezforu2cEzforu2c Posts: 115 Member
    edited August 2014
    This sounds pretty cool. Never done a Legacy challenge with TS1,2,or 3 so why not do it for TS4? Thank you for posting this as I am now excited to try something different for once. ;)
  • DawnEnigma1DawnEnigma1 Posts: 61 Member
    My first port of call is always a Legacy, love the gameplay.. except the points lol always lose my way with the points. Excited and can't wait to start. Although my middle sons 18th birthday on the 3rd gets in the way of my financial plans to buy the game :p
    <3
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    My first port of call is always a Legacy, love the gameplay.. except the points lol always lose my way with the points. Excited and can't wait to start. Although my middle sons 18th birthday on the 3rd gets in the way of my financial plans to buy the game :p

Part of my design philosophy this time around was to make tracking the points a bit easier than previous incarnations. I did as much trimming down as I could without sacrificing the heart and complexity of the challenge. I'll let you guys be the judge of how well I succeeded in that task come Thursday when I post the rules. :)
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • KBrox1KBrox1 Posts: 234 Member
    Yay ^_^
    <iframe width="202" height="25" src="http://embed.wattpad.com/follow/cosmicondoms/follow/cosmicondoms?type=2&theme=light&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Ms_Veve73Ms_Veve73 Posts: 20 Member
    I've never done a legacy challenge before, so I've decided to start one with this series in one of my game plays. I plan to start out a with a bright young couple who was gifted 100k simoleans from "Motherlode" to build a beautiful landscaped house. The house must cost between 90 - 95k, leaving at living wage of 5k - 10k. The heir will be the first born daughter and thereafter the first born daughter of every first born daughter.
  • AyerimRPDAyerimRPD Posts: 54 Member

Part of my design philosophy this time around was to make tracking the points a bit easier than previous incarnations. I did as much trimming down as I could without sacrificing the heart and complexity of the challenge. I'll let you guys be the judge of how well I succeeded in that task come Thursday when I post the rules. :)

Can't wait to see! :D
    tumblr_n1x8qqOPAa1r2y7r9o4_500.gif
  • DawnEnigma1DawnEnigma1 Posts: 61 Member
    Thank you @Pinstar1161, I'll be trying the points system :D
    <3
  • xXSims3XxXxXSims3XxX Posts: 1,775 Member
    Can't wait to get my hands on the game on the 5th and create a new legacy challenge in my game! :D
  • Ezforu2cEzforu2c Posts: 115 Member
    Only 2 more days. I'm excited to try this :D
  • KBrox1KBrox1 Posts: 234 Member
    Me too! I'm SO excited! @Ezforu2c
    <iframe width="202" height="25" src="http://embed.wattpad.com/follow/cosmicondoms/follow/cosmicondoms?type=2&theme=light&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • ChaotinaChaotina Posts: 43 Member
    I wanna do a legacy as first project with sims 4, hope the rules will follow soon after release!
    chaotina.wordpress.com
  • tammi222tammi222 Posts: 478 Member
    I've never done the Legacy Challenge before but it sounds really fun, so I'll definitely be trying when The Sims 4 arrives :)
    "I never like to do anything quiet if I can help it. Swords for everyone!"
    tumblr_mtugnbGcVr1rlg2wpo1_400.gif
  • CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member

Ooohh, sounds like many many interesting and new TS4 legacies will be popping on Thursday! All that more excited now!! :D
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    edited August 2014
    Want Friday to hurry up! hoping that the game arrives a day early ;);)

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited August 2014
    So I didn't see a familyfunds cheat, do we just buy a specific item and delete it? Do we even have a 'delete object' cheat? :/
    giphy.gif
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    So I didn't see a familyfunds cheat, do we just buy a specific item and delete it? Do we even have a 'delete object' cheat? :/

The lot itself costs you 10k. There is a specific set of armor you must purchase and place in your family inventory. This acts as your "Title" A sort of coat-of-arms if you will. You can never remove that armor from inventory, nor may you sell it. It does drop you down to proper poverty levels. I tested that with the Masque family during my creator camp experience. (It was literally the first thing I tested). So in reality, you don't need any cheats to start off your family.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top