Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Seasons

Comments

• LokiLoki Posts: 17 Member
    pc452000 wrote: »
    TBH I want the sims 4 to go off in a defferent direction, TS3 was an OK HD remaster of some sims 2 stuff, but Now I want NEW EXPANSIONS.. 100% NEVER DONE BEFORE..

The approach I would like to see if have Seasons, Pets and all that wrapped up in the first couple of expansions so all the normal, realistic stuff you would expect to see in a real world setting is done and dusted. Then they can start exploring innovative and new ideas.
  • slipperygypsyslipperygypsy Posts: 300 Member
    Kamb64 wrote: »
    TBH I want the sims 4 to go off in a defferent direction, TS3 was an OK HD remaster of some sims 2 stuff, but Now I want NEW EXPANSIONS.. 100% NEVER DONE BEFORE..

See it's to the point where seasons should just be included in the base... but as it's not, I still really, really want it to be an EP.
    As for any others... I'd be happy to see brand new ideas too.

Agreed. Seasons should be base game stuff. I do want new expansion pack ideas. But, there are many simmers who will be extremely upset id they don't get certain things back, like aliens, vampires, an open for business ep, etc. I think we will get them but in a different fashion than before. This is a whole new ball game I think.

I really loved Open for Business and the business venture aspect of TS3, (go figure - I study Business :P) but I struggle to see how it will work in TS4 with worlds of 5 lots each. Perhaps through the use of online businesses or stocks, but that's about it.
    tumblr_mgiqpxVGEQ1qef53co1_500.gif
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I really love having Seasons again.

-drinking hot cocoa, winter/outer clothing (rain coats and boots, snow boots, more sweaters, etc....)
    -Holidays-carving pumpkins, trick or treating, return of Santa. All that holiday stuff
    -Rain storms that causes power outages in neighborhoods and generators for rich sims to buy. Can cause other possible damage that sims have to fix or replace (great for firefighting careers)
    -sleigh/hayrides
    -pools with all the items-diving boards, water falls, pool bars, water slides, etc....
    -return of sunburns and other related stuff
    -swimming in ocean back and can surf, snorkel, scuba dive and watch waves or build sand castles, etc....
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Kamb64 wrote: »

See it's to the point where seasons should just be included in the base... but as it's not, I still really, really want it to be an EP.
    As for any others... I'd be happy to see brand new ideas too.

Agreed. Seasons should be base game stuff. I do want new expansion pack ideas. But, there are many simmers who will be extremely upset id they don't get certain things back, like aliens, vampires, an open for business ep, etc. I think we will get them but in a different fashion than before. This is a whole new ball game I think.

I really loved Open for Business and the business venture aspect of TS3, (go figure - I study Business :P) but I struggle to see how it will work in TS4 with worlds of 5 lots each. Perhaps through the use of online businesses or stocks, but that's about it.

Ya I can't figure out how it would work either but people will want it back. I have to say I used it a lot in Sims 2. Loved running my businesses! The Savvy Seller thing in Sims 3 left me wanting. If they do it, it's anyone's guess how they will screw it up this time.
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    So how would Weather affect Emotions?

Raining - making sim miserable/sad
    Sunny - happy

That type of thing.

Hmmm what about Weather Traits.
  • DazzyladDazzylad Posts: 25 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Into the future, Supernatural, seasons and pets
  • xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    They said they were planning on making it and add natural disasters.
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • MafiastyleMafiastyle Posts: 714 Member
    I really enjoyed seasons. Some might argue it's just weather! But to me it's a realistic aspect that I enjoy. 24/7 sunny days is just so odd to me. It just makes me want to make my Sim never stay home.

This is what I would be thinking during seasons.

Sunny: Don't be trapped inside forever - enjoy the sun while you can.
    Raining: Get inside, time to study!
    Actual Summer: Pool Party -ER - Dinner party with shenanigans! Hm, I'll admit if our Sims can't swim, summer will be slightly strange.
    Winter: Do you want to build a snowman?
    Fall: What are you doing don't throw away that! The whoohoo option! Nooooooo
    Spring: Oh thank goodness, it's going to rain, I can study again.
    39d589ef4e5a6ca8bd17fc4bfd12fec6.jpg
    Babies everywhere, thank you shadow cat.

• ilovegodilovegod Posts: 9 New Member
    I like to see all the exp packs season pets .etc
    Mafiastyle wrote: »
    I really enjoyed seasons. Some might argue it's just weather! But to me it's a realistic aspect that I enjoy. 24/7 sunny days is just so odd to me. It just makes me want to make my Sim never stay home.

This is what I would be thinking during seasons.

Sunny: Don't be trapped inside forever - enjoy the sun while you can.
    Raining: Get inside, time to study!
    Actual Summer: Pool Party -ER - Dinner party with shenanigans! Hm, I'll admit if our Sims can't swim, summer will be slightly strange.
    Winter: Do you want to build a snowman?
    Fall: What are you doing don't throw away that! The whoohoo option! Nooooooo
    Spring: Oh thank goodness, it's going to rain, I can study again.

What if that EP Brought Pools back.

What if that EP Brought Pools back.

I was thinking that was the Expansion to bring it back as well.

• tredeptationtredeptation Posts: 37 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I would like to see a realistic control of the climate per town, making it so that I could disable snow and freezing temperatures during winter if I was playing in a tropical neighborhood, for example.

I agree. Both the current worlds in 4 would likely not see snow. It's silly to me to have snow across the board for worlds. Isla Paradisio is another example. Snow in the tropics? Come on. And this is why I won't buy Seasons this time unless it adapts, or has more severe weather.

This!
    You guys do know in Seasons you had the option to turn off a particular one so it could be more realistic right?

You guys do know in Seasons you had the option to turn off a particular one so it could be more realistic right?

like what Disable snow in certain towns like oasis Springs.

yes exactly.

• ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2014
    Agreed. I love seasons. So many possibilities. I'm hopeful that they can put a jacket on over their clothes now given the ability to put on hats and boots. Love thunderstorms. I'd like to keep holidays in there somehow. I hope seasons and some type if vacation come early. Would be great to have appropriate weather in the different worlds, too.
    hmmm how about certain items that make your sims Celebrate that Holiday.
  • A1waysAJA1waysAJ Posts: 81 Member
    > @Vagenius said:
    > Seasons and Uni are my favorite ep's. I am kind of hoping that maybe the devs will get creative and combine the two for a first ep and have seasons work around a school year with holidays and winter/summer breaks for high school/college students. That's what I'd love to see anyways.

Cool idea but, HIGHLY unlikely. I wish that would happen but, it sounds too good to be true.
  • A1waysAJA1waysAJ Posts: 81 Member
    I've always loved the seasons expansion however, in The Sims 3 it's like always raining! Literally it rained every day! So when it's winter and rains like that it always snows! Like I want to have these changes in whether but NOT EVERY SINGLE DAY! No dramatic weather like what's with people trying to have natural disasters and wanting to kill their Sims all the time? I would like to see pools and pool objects return in this ep and have greenhouses back from The Sims 2! I would also like to see the more modern and trendy clothing and hair styles like in The Sims 3.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    i think it should depend on what world you play Like if it's Oasis Spring occasional showers and sandstorms and intense heat.
    where in Willow creek it rains a lot and floods. also lightning all the more reason for power outages. and trees toppling over.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member

Then you also would miss on the winter festival. Just because it doesn't snow in a tropical country, it doesn't mean that country has no winter.
    And if you just disable snow, the temperatures would fall and the water bodies would freeze all the same.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    I'll do you one better OP. I want a see a Seasons/Island Paradise hyrid expansion. I want to see more extreme weather like hurricanes, and blizzards. I want holidays, snorkling, SWIMMING, pools, beaches, sunbathing, and so on.
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    I want a town like Forks. I love rain.
  • SadieeloveSadieelove Posts: 41 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I would like to see a realistic control of the climate per town, making it so that I could disable snow and freezing temperatures during winter if I was playing in a tropical neighborhood, for example.

This would be an amazing feature! I would love to be able to have a true tropical town, or a true winter town. Having four seasons are great but variety between the seasons each world experiences would be great!
  • YurusumajiYurusumaji Posts: 175 Member
    Alizatina wrote: »
    The only thing I care about having in Seasons is more realistic rain than in the Sims 3, I never get as much rain in RL as it does in Sims 3.

Unless the Sims 3 worlds are nestled in some rainforest that we don't know about! Lol! XD

I guess "realistic" depends on where you live. It's rained here every single day for the past week. And this past summer we got tornado watches/warnings almost everyday for close to two weeks and then some more later on in the same month. I used to think the kind of weather we get here wasn't even possible.