Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Seasons

Comments

• Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seasons and Pets are my two favorite EP's in Sims 3. If Pets comes to Sims 4, I hope they are controllable like they are in Sims 3.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I would like to see a realistic control of the climate per town, making it so that I could disable snow and freezing temperatures during winter if I was playing in a tropical neighborhood, for example.

I agree. Both the current worlds in 4 would likely not see snow. It's silly to me to have snow across the board for worlds. Isla Paradisio is another example. Snow in the tropics? Come on. And this is why I won't buy Seasons this time unless it adapts, or has more severe weather.

• Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I would like to see a realistic control of the climate per town, making it so that I could disable snow and freezing temperatures during winter if I was playing in a tropical neighborhood, for example.

I agree. Both the current worlds in 4 would likely not see snow. It's silly to me to have snow across the board for worlds. Isla Paradisio is another example. Snow in the tropics? Come on. And this is why I won't buy Seasons this time unless it adapts, or has more severe weather.

I guess time will tell.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I always turn off the Winter season for the tropical worlds.
  • ejwlover203ejwlover203 Posts: 57 Member
    I really enjoyed Seasons and I think it would be a great chance to bring Pools back in. I'd love to see more with the holidays that they add in. Trick-or-Treating was fun - when it actually worked. Though, I'm still hoping the first Expansion will be Generations because I'll be missing toddlers so much. (If toddlers are returning that is.)
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I'll only buy season this time around if it includes more dramatic weather. I won't buy it if it's just the basic four blah seasons like the others.

Agreed, though I did enjoy the little festivals and the Christmas bonuses.
  • AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    I'd like to see rain, snow, hail, blizzards, scorching heat, leaves changing colors... I don't know. Seems to be pretty typical for something called seasons. Imagine for a second if it had none of that. What exactly would be in it then?
    I always turn off the Winter season for the tropical worlds.

I didn't like winter in Isla-paradiso too.
    Aussie_Simmer
    Okay....so my question is....why buy Seasons if you turn off half of it?
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member

I think some players wanted the randomness of different weather in weird places. I personally enjoy the choas in my games like weird weather game play (but that's just me :smiley: ). It's a "two each their own" kind of thing. I think that's why they made it that way.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams

The majority of features can be added into my gameplay. I didn't say I would turn half of them off.
    Aussie_Simmer
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

I think some players wanted the randomness of different weather in weird places. I personally enjoy the choas in my games like weird weather game play (but that's just me :smiley: ). It's a "two each their own" kind of thing. I think that's why they made it that way.

Yeah but... snow is snow, spring is spring, summer is summer. and so on. It doesn't add to gameplay.

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Yeah but... snow is snow, spring is spring, summer is summer. and so on. It doesn't add to gameplay.

I'm a legacy/Story sort of player, and my friends included like writing/showing random things like snow in summer or springtime weather in winter. It might not seem like gameplay to you, and I understand that, but some people play for different reasons @_@ I wish i could explain it better lol i'm sorry.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Alizatina wrote: »
    The only thing I care about having in Seasons is more realistic rain than in the Sims 3, I never get as much rain in RL as it does in Sims 3.

Unless the Sims 3 worlds are nestled in some rainforest that we don't know about! Lol! XD

I think the weather will be more realistic and cartoony this time round.

So it will rain meatballs? XD

no silly, cats and dogs.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    If it rains cats and dogs we will have weather and pets together, I must be tired.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    The only thing I care about having in Seasons is more realistic rain than in the Sims 3, I never get as much rain in RL as it does in Sims 3.

Unless the Sims 3 worlds are nestled in some rainforest that we don't know about! Lol! XD

I think the weather will be more realistic and cartoony this time round.

So it will rain meatballs? XD

no silly, cats and dogs.
    Only if you buy the Pets EP! :confounded:
    hEFcp6z.gif
    Evalen wrote: »
    If it rains cats and dogs we will have weather and pets together, I must be tired.

I like your way of thinking! ahahaha
    Aussie_Simmer
  • quentin612quentin612 Posts: 104 Member
    I would love to have season and university as the first expansion pack. Hopefully they will make the weather much better tho.
  • JustinRHJustinRH Posts: 54 Member

You don't live in the pacific northwest i'm guessing. lol
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    So how would Weather affect Emotions?

Raining - making sim miserable/sad
    Sunny - happy

That type of thing.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    TBH I want the sims 4 to go off in a defferent direction, TS3 was an OK HD remaster of some sims 2 stuff, but Now I want NEW EXPANSIONS.. 100% NEVER DONE BEFORE..
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • slipperygypsyslipperygypsy Posts: 300 Member
    pc452000 wrote: »
    TBH I want the sims 4 to go off in a defferent direction, TS3 was an OK HD remaster of some sims 2 stuff, but Now I want NEW EXPANSIONS.. 100% NEVER DONE BEFORE..

See it's to the point where seasons should just be included in the base... but as it's not, I still really, really want it to be an EP.
    As for any others... I'd be happy to see brand new ideas too.
    tumblr_mgiqpxVGEQ1qef53co1_500.gif
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    pc452000 wrote: »

See it's to the point where seasons should just be included in the base... but as it's not, I still really, really want it to be an EP.
    As for any others... I'd be happy to see brand new ideas too.

Agreed. Seasons should be base game stuff. I do want new expansion pack ideas. But, there are many simmers who will be extremely upset id they don't get certain things back, like aliens, vampires, an open for business ep, etc. I think we will get them but in a different fashion than before. This is a whole new ball game I think.
  • Ashes2AshesAshes2Ashes Posts: 145 Member
    Just watch you guys. Weather won't be a thing until 3 expansion packs in. Possibly 4.