Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two quick pics of today's Let's Play from EA, and some brief observations!

DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
First, let's all just agree now that that girl is the only decent Let's Player out of all of them. Loved her voice, loved her style, loved her presentation skill! I would seriously watch her if she had her own channel.

Also, EA, here's a new rule I just made up. Keep your annoying, chatterbox bald guys off the screen. They aren't helping you.

Now on to the nitty gritty. Actually, this will be quick, as a picture is worth a thousand words:

u14xBb2.jpg

Really, girl? Hangin' out with a charred body, but you're good?

And, you, little man...

32JBW2k.jpg

And, dearest EA, all I have to say to you is this:

Elf-You-Sit-on-a-Throne-of-Lies.png

This game is the Sims 3 with a new art style and less features.
Call me in five years when you're mature enough to have a relationship.

P.S. And not that anyone cares, but I really did enjoy the LP for the first time today. It's just that I simultaneously realized the truth about this game. It isn't going to be bad, per se. It just isn't anywhere close to done.

Post edited by Darchitect on

Comments

• DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    xHareHarex wrote: »
    She's confident because she put out the fire by herself. Just sayin'
    Yeah the moodlet below shows a blue fire, seems like you're right.
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member

I would be fine with this if the confidence moodlet was overriding a "Someone just died in front of me" moodlet, but she doesn't even have one.
  • reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    Davlan wrote: »
    Yeah the moodlet below shows a blue fire, seems like you're right.

Yeah that is the reason she is confident emotions are layered the most powerful emotion is the one that shows up next to the sims picture. So sims can be happy about one thing and sad about another so depending on which emotion is stronger that emotion will take precedence over the other.
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    But it's her husband..... she should at least cry.

Time out. That was her HUSBAND?! I had been under the impression that it was some random sim they pulled off the street! (I didn't watch today's LB)

Now I'm even more sad... and Grim looks so cool, too...
  • SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    camman1995 wrote: »

Time out. That was her HUSBAND?! I had been under the impression that it was some random sim they pulled off the street! (I didn't watch today's LB)

It was her husband. They pulled them as a household together out of the gallery.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    No one in that house had any relationship with the dude, to them he was just a mear stranger lol
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Love how Alexander walking by to get a snack and not reacting to the man on the floor dead.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member

Nah it wasn't her husband. They were acquaintances when they were pulled in from the gallery.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    And yet, it seems like there's been very little time when the developers actually sat down and tried what they made out.
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member

It wasn't Mortimer.
    rifJadC.png
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2014

I think those Sims were from the Gallery, they were created in CAS, so they could be either sibling, roommate, or partner with low relationship.

It wasn't Mortimer.

No the blonde girl and the dead guy were pulled off the gallery as a couple. Even though when coming from the gallery they don't have high relationship in the beginning I would at least think that they would acknowledge the relationship between the two.

• bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    I don't think it was her husband. Their relationship was very low. I think they were just housemates.
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Darchitect wrote: »
    And yet, it seems like there's been very little time when the developers actually sat down and tried what they made out.

Of course, its all about writing a ton of scripts and hoping that they'll work.

Smooth gameplay and engine? Don't make me laugh, looks worse than Sims 3.
    edited August 2014
    I don't think it was her husband. Their relationship was very low. I think they were just housemates.

When you pull sims from the gallery their relationship is always pretty low apparently. The same thing happened to the couple from yesterday's broadcast, which is why all their romantic interactions failed and they were also married. We got lucky today because this couple actually had one sim with the romantic trait so the romantic interactions actually went through between the two, so we did see them flirt and be all romantic with one another before they caught him on fire.
  • Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Is it me or are all these sims given the "serial killer" or "suicidal" trait. From being confident while their family members burn to a crisp to the male sim who decided walking into a fire makes him happy. That is messed up.
  • TheMarsh1TheMarsh1 Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2014
    Regardless if the two sims were married or not, I still think the emotional reaction was wonky. If my roommate (even if he/she is just an acquaintance) burned to death in a kitchen fire, I'd at the very least feel uncomfortable, worried, tense, and ya know freaking out about the rotting (but oh-so-perfectly charred) corpse in the kitchen...

edit - grammar
  • DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member

It wasn't Mortimer.

No the blonde girl and the dead guy were pulled off the gallery as a couple. Even though when coming from the gallery they don't have high relationship in the beginning I would at least think that they would acknowledge the relationship between the two.

They weren't a couple. The SimGuru playing moused over their relationship status and they were just acquaintances.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I really, REALLY want to like this game, but even Sims 3 sims would stop and stare at a death, no matter how little they knew the sim. I remember someone died in the park and my sim ran over and watched, gasping every so often, but then forgot about it.
    I'm glad they forget. What fun is it to play a sim that is constantly grieving over complete strangers?

5JZ57S6.png
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Davlan wrote: »
    They weren't a couple. The SimGuru playing moused over their relationship status and they were just acquaintances.

Still, acquaintances should show SOME reaction when one of them dies horribly.