Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Datamining

Comments

• stormycurlsstormycurls Posts: 57 Member
    you guys rock for this thread! and it looks like my current laptop will run on medium and the laptop I'm looking into getting is an uber :)
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    you guys rock for this thread! and it looks like my current laptop will run on medium and the laptop I'm looking into getting is an uber :)

Just a question what laptop do you have?
  • GrenciaGrencia Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2014
    Either my sight is really bad or there wasn't a listing for an AMD Radeon HD 6670 :/

Edit: nvm, found it lol, just wondering though, my card has 2GB dedicated memory, 1TB hard drive and 8GB ram, and my processor is like 4.2GHz, could I push the medium limit and play on at high?
  • jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    xHareHarex wrote: »
    Yeah, I found it. It runs on medium. AMD Radeon HD 6310. But like, the dude from the shop told me "OH IT'S A GREAT CARD, RUNS GAMES ON HIGH, IT'S PRETTY GOOD."

That's the same card I have. And Yeah, even if the graphics card is okay, my laptop still can't run ts4 cause of the CPU. :/
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • oppzorrooppzorro Posts: 341 Member
    i have intel core i5 on my laptop. i can play TS3 okay, just the performance isn't that great. My desktop with AMD is much better but its playable. My guess would be that tS4 is also playable. However, TS3 never had great performance to begin with. That said, the CAS DEMO works great on the laptop.
    See this is why I am confused, You guys are certain it will not work but my PC Can run TS3 All expansions on high The create a sim demo on ultra and the sims 2
  • SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2014
    See this is why I am confused, You guys are certain it will not work but my PC Can run TS3 All expansions on high The create a sim demo on ultra and the sims 2

If you can run the CAS Sims 4 demo then it should run.
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    Thank you for listing the graphics cards!

Okay, great! Heres hoping Cya guys
  • mpatty02mpatty02 Posts: 480 Member
    I'm joining this thread a little late, so forgive me if it's already been posted. Was just looking at the readme file and saw this cheat:
    freerealestate {on/off}: All homes are temporarily free while the cheat is active. Enter cheat in the Neighborhood screen.
    If purchased, beware of the Taxes in these lots.

This one is really cool!
  • robrob Posts: 10 New Member
    There is story progression in the simulation file so hopefully modders can implant it in.

Okay, great! Heres hoping Cya guys

I just installed the CAS Sims 4 demo on my crappy Dual Core Celeron laptop (2.19ghz per core and Intel HD Graphics 4400 and was able to play with the graphcs set to Low Medium.
  • ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member

Not really. CAS is just a small part of the game and much less intense than the full game will be.
    Well I can't find my exact card, but by the looks of it my graphics are going to be medium. UGHHH! I have an ATI Radeon HD 5450. Does anyone know if I just missed it on there, I went through it twice. Or how the graphics would be?
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    My mom's card
    card 0x0004 "GeForce GTX 550 Ti" $cardLevelHigh $resolutionHigh

And my card
    card 0x1380 "GeForce GTX 750 Ti" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh

and according to the game they rock :D
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • NekogrrlNekogrrl Posts: 54 Member
    Oh no wait, does The Sims 4 support SLI??
  • GrenciaGrencia Posts: 93 Member
    @mpatty02 closest thing I could find to your ATI Radeon HD 5450 was the mobility one: "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450" $cardLevelLowmedium $resolutionMedium

Also, I have a gaming computer...and that's the best my graphics card can do..Pfhht. LOL seems like my computer could do better than that!
    edited August 2014

Not really. CAS is just a small part of the game and much less intense than the full game will be.

I would normally agree, Sims 3 runs just fine on low on my crappy laptop. Doesn't really matter my desktop has an i7 Core Processor with 8gb or RAM and an Nvidia GTX 660 so I'm good on playing on Uber.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Nekogrrl wrote: »
    Oh no wait, does The Sims 4 support SLI??

I haven't heard anything one way or the other. It lists my card (GTX 690) as "Uber" though, and it's a dual-gpu card so that seems to imply that it does support SLI.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited August 2014
    ...forum broke and double posted...

But at least no Liam!
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Thanks for the graphics card list, it's very useful! :) (not that I could find mine... ATI Radeon HD 6670)
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
    edited August 2014
    Miricha wrote: »
    Thanks for the graphics card list, it's very useful! :) (not that I could find mine... ATI Radeon HD 6670)

I couldn't find mine, either. ATI Radeon HD 5450, but the post was VERY useful! Thanks to original poster for making it!
    mpatty02 wrote: »
    Miricha wrote: »

I couldn't find mine, either. ATI Radeon HD 5450

Look for "5400 series", that's how some of them are listed.
  • xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    Ahh...Well, guess I should start searching for a job to get a better computer... Oh god...
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png