Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wow...the game looks highly disappointing!!

Wow, I have been a positive excited person for The Sims 4 and after seeing the chat today it has dwindled significantly!! The sims don't react to their surroundings at all and sadly are just as bad as Sims 3 sims or worse! When there was a fire they barely paid attention and even when someone was burning to death they acted like nothing was even happening!! Wow. Such disappointment. The emotions don't seem to do much either and remind me a lot of the Sims 3 system. I am just highly disappointed right now. :(

Comments

• LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    Yeah I was really surprised that no one was crying when he died! Maybe they have to have a relationship with the person to cry over them
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Larryad wrote: »
    Where are the emotions? No one reacted at all to the Sims death.

not for a year anyways haha
  • joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    Yeah I was really surprised that no one was crying when he died! Maybe they have to have a relationship with the person to cry over them

That would actually make sense. Maybe I'm a sociopath, but I normally don't get tore up over the deaths of people I don't know. Usually, at the most, it's a sort of "mango, that could have been me" sort of thing.

• IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    So who's going to make the first "actually react to fire" mod?
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    joneswk wrote: »

That would actually make sense. Maybe I'm a sociopath, but I normally don't get tore up over the deaths of people I don't know. Usually, at the most, it's a sort of "mango, that could have been me" sort of thing.

That is an interesting thought. And it makes sense. But, have we seen in any of the videos where a sim dies and his or her family was there to see it? How did they react? It's curious.
  • Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    The fire scene was hilarious. That one male sim they were trying to kill fled the scene. Came back to the fire and panicked for a second. Then proceeded to walk close to the fire and become happy. Hilariously bad coding!
  • SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    These Sims don't seem to really react to much of anything.... not a fight, not a fire, not their husband burning to death, not to going in labor, not even to giving birth..... For being so emotional they seem so emotionless.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member

I was thinking the same thing. But still some reaction even if not knowing or being related to the sim would have been appropriate.

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    You can be happy periodically even if you are basically sad when someone died. You can also get angry for a few minutes even if you were glad most of the day. I don't think one emotion should exclude all other emotions.

But I agree they should have reacted more to both the fire, the burning sim, the death, and not to say Grim. At least 2 householdmembers walked right up to Grim to get some food from the fridge, not even looking at him. Isn't he meant to be a tad scary, or do they treat him like they treat their mother in law?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Icarus wrote: »

the Forums over at Mod the Sims are a little bit more pessimistic about TS4 then this forum. I don't know how many modders there will be to fix this.

Banners.jpg
  • lexxsimslexxsims Posts: 366 Member
    I've told this before. THE EMOTIONS WONT WORK HOW THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE! But a bunch of blind fans almost killed me.
    But whatever, EMOTIOMMZZZ BEZZ GAME EVAAAHH
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Icarus wrote: »

the Forums over at Mod the Sims are a little bit more pessimistic about TS4 then this forum. I don't know how many modders there will be to fix this.

Even more than here!? Oh boy.
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    So, catched up to the 3 other vids and watched this live....
    wow... just wow
    that basinet popped in a really great spot btw, the kid couldn't even take a bath after the kid was born prob. cause
    1) the basinet was in the way
    or
    2) baby's count as peeping sims in the room and he can't shoo it out...
    It looked more like option 1 though... .

Overall there where a few + points i saw in all the video's but nothing weighs out the bad for me
    So last post here for me ;) i would like to give all the people people who are sad how this game is going (like me) a comfort cookie.

To the people buying this game, i wish you goodluck (My guess is you'll need it)
    and i really really hope you enjoy this game and don't end up being upset like many others are atm
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I wonder if this is an unfortunate side effect from when modders ended up fixing the game after every expansion like in Sims 3. EA is just relying on their free labor to fix their product.

The joke is one them, and us I guess, as one of the most talented Modders in the field of Bug fixes RETIRED from modding. Twallan, from NRAAS.
    Banners.jpg
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Oh. My. Gosh.
    I've been really positive towards TS4, but now, I'm really disappointed. The Sims didn't even react to these events. So much for Smarter Sims. I don't even know if I'll get TS4 now. I guess I'll just have to read some reviews first...
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared