Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about the severe clipping....

So is this the real solution towards a "better routing system" or is this just a massive glitch attached to a unfinished build of the game? I'm quite worried. I hope this will be fixed. I can't post links to the pictures because I'm still new, but I'm sure you have all seen the screencaps already. What is going on with that?

Comments

• UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    Seems it's the fix for some of the routing issues.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    There's no improved routing and there are no smarter sims. Just a salvaged Projectr Olympus. Rushed and unfinished.

"Better routing" means sims go across each other and objects.
  • BonnieQ1BonnieQ1 Posts: 18 New Member
    > @UtaDagda said:
    > Seems it's the fix for some of the routing issues.

I was afraid that would be the case. So we're just going to have to settle with Sims walking through everything like ghosts? *sigh*
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Personally, I'd say that I think it's an indicator of general bugginess. Clipping of some degree happens in just about every 3D video game, however, it's generally not intentional. And the amount of clipping that I've seen in the videos seems excessive. If it is intentional in the case of TS4 and that's their fix for routing issues, then I'm worried about the whole game. What else did they "fix"?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    BonnieQ1 wrote: »
    > @UtaDagda said:<br />
    > Seems it's the fix for some of the routing issues.<br />
    <br />
    I was afraid that would be the case. So we're just going to have to settle with Sims walking through everything like ghosts? *sigh*

As opposed to stomping screaming getting stuck and bugging crashing my game....I'll take it. Plus we've some some of the better routing in how they go around things when possible but I guess if doing that is risking a stomp scream or if the player rapidly changes action queue they'll go through stuff instead of clog.

Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • BonnieQ1BonnieQ1 Posts: 18 New Member
    > @pguida said:
    > There's no improved routing and there are no smarter sims. Just a salvaged Projectr Olympus. Rushed and unfinished.
    >
    > "Better routing" means sims go across each other and objects.

With everything I've seen so far, including the severe clipping, I really do believe TS4 was meant to be an online game at first. It's upsetting, but I love the Sims series too much to give up on it now. I guess I will have to rely on mods more than ever this time around. Although, I don't think mods can fix those dreadful clippings....
    pguida wrote: »
    There's no improved routing and there are no smarter sims. Just a salvaged Projectr Olympus. Rushed and unfinished.

Yeah, it's disappointing. It's definitely not better. It's just exchanging one problem for another.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

Yeah, it's disappointing. It's definitely not better. It's just exchanging one problem for another.

Exactly.

> @pguida said:<br />
    > There's no improved routing and there are no smarter sims. Just a salvaged Projectr Olympus. Rushed and unfinished.<br />
    > <br />
    > "Better routing" means sims go across each other and objects.<br />
    <br />
    With everything I've seen so far, including the severe clipping, I really do believe TS4 was meant to be an online game at first. It's upsetting, but I love the Sims series too much to give up on it now. I guess I will have to rely on mods more than ever this time around. Although, I don't think mods can fix those dreadful clippings....

Sad we need modders to play a game we pay for.
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    > There's no improved routing and there are no smarter sims. Just a salvaged Projectr Olympus. Rushed and unfinished.<br />
    > <br />
    <br />

Mods cannot fix every single clipping issue though, also :smile: I know that the community loves their mods and all,
    But why is it that everyone keeps saying "Well mods will fix it", does nobody stop to think that this is a problem EA/maxis should be fixing?
    It is their game, and they are getting the money... meanwhile modders are doing these things for free (and sadly, better)
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited August 2014
    > <br />
    <br />

just like every other pc game :)
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

joop123 wrote: »
    > <br />
    <br />

just like every other pc game :)

I'm sorry you patronize that. I don't.
    Ivinora wrote: »
    > <br />
    <br />

Mods cannot fix every single clipping issue though, also :smile: I know that the community loves their mods and all,
    But why is it that everyone keeps saying "Well mods will fix it", does nobody stop to think that this is a problem EA/maxis should be fixing?
    It is their game, and they are getting the money... meanwhile modders are doing these things for free (and sadly, better)

Agreed. I really appreciate all of the work that the modding community does for this series. But it's sad that so many players have to turn to mods to fix the games. I think mods should be fun little extras to spice things up, or to give you more options. Why should so many people have to download mods just to make the game run correctly?

I have several mods in Skyrim. Out of all of them one is a fix (and it's just a graphical error). All of the rest of them are just to add fun or to tweak the game to my liking. In TS3 the majority of the mods that I have are to fix problems and oversights. I'd hate to see that repeated in TS4. These things need to be fixed by EA.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I can't see how it is okay to replace one bad set of coding with another bad set of coding when routing issues were blamed on the open world of TS3....
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
    I seriously want a real answer to this...
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    I can't see how it is okay to replace one bad set of coding with another bad set of coding when routing issues were blamed on the open world of TS3....

Routing issues were blamed on the open world in Sims 3? It's been a while since I've played Sims 1 but I seem to recall there being similar issues in that game.

Assuming the clipping is intentional to fix routing issues then it's simple; I would rather put up with clipping that doesn't affect the actual game play than put up with routing issues which does affect game play.

As for why they didn't just fix routing and cut down on the clipping? Maybe it was too time consuming.

Did the developers really blame the open world for routing issues and thus saying clipping is to fix routing all bull then? It would seem so.

I just don't see how that would be the case though. I would think you would have routing issues whether you're on a single lot or you're on an open world.
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »

Routing issues were blamed on the open world in Sims 3? It's been a while since I've played Sims 1 but I seem to recall there being similar issues in that game.

Assuming the clipping is intentional to fix routing issues then it's simple; I would rather put up with clipping that doesn't affect the actual game play than put up with routing issues which does affect game play.

As for why they didn't just fix routing and cut down on the clipping? Maybe it was too time consuming.

Did the developers really blame the open world for routing issues and thus saying clipping is to fix routing all bull then? It would seem so.

I just don't see how that would be the case though. I would think you would have routing issues whether you're on a single lot or you're on an open world.

Too time consuming to fix issues that have prevailed for as long as you are saying is the very definition of insanity. It means they are doing the same exact thing over and over again and expecting different results, which is the definition of insanity.
  • sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    I'm really disappointed with the gameplay earlier today. It looks like there's a lot of bugs in the base game. :/
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    If it was too time consuming, then maybe they should have delayed the game though, I know people really would like this game
    but if you had to pick between waiting 6months and getting it without errors or getting it now and getting it riddled with them
    I'd go with the first option (then again i'm a patient person). :wink:
    The problem with this franchise (and this is what i fear most about this game coming from sims 3)
    once we have the basegame, EA doesn't give the sims team time to just fixed things, they'll have to jump right into the next expension to keep things running, and if this basegame really ends up riddled in bugs/glitches, I cannot imagine what this will become in 12 expensions... .
    Anyway Like i said haven't seen the videos yet, i'll do it tonight and judge for myself just how bad things look,
    but i am verry watchfull and carefull this time around... .

Too time consuming to fix issues that have prevailed for as long as you are saying is the very definition of insanity. It means they are doing the same exact thing over and over again and expecting different results, which is the definition of insanity.

That's actually not the definition of insanity but regardless, assuming the clipping is intentional to fix the routing issues then they aren't doing the same thing again; they are trying to fix the problem.

It may not be the solution you want but that doesn't mean they aren't trying to fix it.
    sholtx wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed with the gameplay earlier today. It looks like there's a lot of bugs in the base game. :/

Indeed.
    Ivinora wrote: »
    If it was too time consuming, then maybe they should have delayed the game though, I know people really would like this game
    but if you had to pick between waiting 6months and getting it without errors or getting it now and getting it riddled with them
    I'd go with the first option (then again i'm a patient person). :wink:

The release date has already been pushed back about 6 months.

That's actually not the definition of insanity but regardless, assuming the clipping is intentional to fix the routing issues then they aren't doing the same thing again; they are trying to fix the problem.

It may not be the solution you want but that doesn't mean they aren't trying to fix it.

To me its a very poor solution. All games have bugs I more then understand that I have played plenty. I am at the point I am sick and tired of excuses and want so actual truth for once. Not smiling thought live play that has things in it leaving people asking whats going on, is this in the final game? Why are Teens, YAs, Adults and Elders all the same heights? The teens and elders seem like a total after thought as do babies and children.

To me its a very poor solution. All games have bugs I more then understand that I have played plenty. I am at the point I am sick and tired of excuses and want so actual truth for once. Not smiling thought live play that has things in it leaving people asking whats going on, is this in the final game? Why are Teens, YAs, Adults and Elders all the same heights? The teens and elders seem like a total after thought as do babies and children.

They have given you answers, just not the ones you want apparently. They have said toddlers and pools would have taken too long.

I'm not sure if they ever explained why teens are the same height as adults but they did say teens look different and you should be able to tell them apart, and from what I have seen you can tell them apart.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    > @UtaDagda said:<br />
    > Seems it's the fix for some of the routing issues.<br />
    <br />

As opposed to stomping screaming getting stuck and bugging crashing my game....I'll take it. Plus we've some some of the better routing in how they go around things when possible but I guess if doing that is risking a stomp scream or if the player rapidly changes action queue they'll go through stuff instead of clog.
    But why would you take it? Why are people accepting this? So you'd rather have sims walking through each other, than have them stomp around? While stomping around was annoying, I find walking through a sim, to be even worse. There was a screenshot of a sim sitting THROUGH another sim. Yes, sitting right on top of a sim, going THROUGH the sim. That's better than stomping around? That's a better solution? How about EA get's their act together and FIX routing issues, instead of going the easy way out.

I have never in my life, seen clipping this bad before. Ever.