Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what are the people who do nothing but complain about the sims 4 going to do after its release?

2...Next

Comments

• mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm very upset with the direction of the game and sure, its nice to be able to talk about it with people who get where I'm coming from. I'm a really big Sims nerd that doesn't really know another simmer in real life. My boyfriend is a really big gamer, but he doesn't really get the sims or why I'm so invested in it.

With that said, I don't try and rain all over other people's parade. If you're happy for the game, I'm happy for you. I just personally have my reserves. But I actually kinda like to see positive things about the game because it gives me hope that it might have aspects that I'll actually enjoy. I just wanna see player reviews and see a smooth launch first before I lay down $80 on the game.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I want to buy a computer that plays TS3 smoothly because my laptop stopped working.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    Uhm, we maybe have been playing other games. Or doing something in our real Sim lives. Like I said, in my case, I often don't play the Sims for years at a time. Then I will play it for several months then put it down again. Dosn't it make sense as a game gets closer to release more people will flock to the forums? I came here because I saw an add for the new Sims 4 about 2 or 3 months ago.

Geez, talk about paranoia. But this is a typical post to be expected from you Cinebar. If someone defends the game as vehemently as you attack it then they must be working for the game company. "No one in there right mind could possibly like the game. Why, because I, the great Cinebar as decreed it so!" Did it ever occur to you that people defend the game so much because people like you attack it so much? I see the flaws in the game just as you do. But I don't blow them up out of proportion just because a feature I liked was taken out. Really, your trying to tell me that if your Sim walks through a couch your whole game experience is ruined? Really? Something the Sims have been doing since day one and you have been putting up with all this time is now all of a sudden is ruining the game. All this is because your toddlers were taken out. If they hadn't been, half the complaints you make or even more would never find these boards.

I don't think you guys "converged." You were always here. When the toddlers and pools were confirmed taken out, or whatever your personal "pet" game feature is, you were on a mission to reek revenge on Maxis and EA for doing this. You will not stop until the Sims 4 is a total flop. Thus justifying your need for revenge.

But once again Sinebar misses the point. Your not changing anything at this point. Your not going to buy the game. Why are you wasting your time here for a game you have no intention of buying and your ranting is not accomplishing anything at this point? Pure and simply, your being vindictive over a computer game. LOL. Thats the only reason you are still here.

OP, they won't stop once the game is out. They will continue their ranting and it will only pick up steam because the people enjoying the game won't be here. We will be playing it. These boards have become the game for them now.
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    i am soooooo tired of hearing the same words over and over again ... pools and toddlers ... jfc stop complaining about it and go play something else ... you can say it over and over, but EA isnt going to do anything about it yet
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    edited August 2014
    And just to be clear, I really only think it's a handful of hardcore haters. Chief of which our Cinebar and John Carter. There are maybe like ten others in total that are completely unreasonable about the game.

The rest of the people bring up some good points about the game and whats wrong with it and I have no real problem with most of them.

Ouch, I got flagged That means so much to me Cinebar. LOL. Heres one for you. :) Noticed you edited your tirade against us that just joined. Whats the matter can't stick by your own words?
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Lightests wrote: »
    i am soooooo tired of hearing the same words over and over again ... pools and toddlers ... jfc stop complaining about it and go play something else ... you can say it over and over, but EA isnt going to do anything about it yet

So true (i dont even care about pools anyway)
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Bokimbol wrote: »
    And just to be clear, I really only think it's a handful of hardcore haters. Chief of which our Cinebar and John Carter. There are maybe like ten others in total that are completely unreasonable about the game.

The rest of the people bring up some good points about the game and whats wrong with it and I have no real problem with most of them.

Ouch, I got flagged That means so much to me Cinebar. LOL. Heres one for you. :) Noticed you edited your tirade against us that just joined. Whats the matter can't stick by your own words?
    Bokimbol, there are far more than 1 or 2 people upset with this game. This forum represents only a small fraction of individuals who will play the game. Check out Facebook, reply after reply is that of individuals ticked off. Read blogs, read the replies on the blogs.

And that number is only going to grow. The fact is the VAST majority of people who will buy this game aren't aware of any of the cuts, except for maybe the pools and toddlers. People are clearly going to be upset on September 2nd when they boot up a game for 2014 and find that it has loading screens between the neighbors house, that CAST has been removed, the backgrounds are mere illusions (you can't visit them), and build lots are flat because these are all things that whether Maxis likes it or not weren't expected to happen in this version of the game.

A lot of features on that list of missing features is nit-picky, but that shouldn't discount the entire list. There are a lot of features that are going to upset individuals based on their particular play style. I see post here saying things like they don't care that pools are cut, and that is fine if you don't use them. But I am certain plenty of others do in fact enjoy them and that it isn't just one or two people.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Uhm, we maybe have been playing other games. Or doing something in our real Sim lives. Like I said, in my case, I often don't play the Sims for years at a time. Then I will play it for several months then put it down again. Dosn't it make sense as a game gets closer to release more people will flock to the forums? I came here because I saw an add for the new Sims 4 about 2 or 3 months ago.

Geez, talk about paranoia. But this is a typical post to be expected from you Cinebar. If someone defends the game as vehemently as you attack it then they must be working for the game company. "No one in there right mind could possibly like the game. Why, because I, the great Cinebar as decreed it so!" Did it ever occur to you that people defend the game so much because people like you attack it so much? I see the flaws in the game just as you do. But I don't blow them up out of proportion just because a feature I liked was taken out. Really, your trying to tell me that if your Sim walks through a couch your whole game experience is ruined? Really? Something the Sims have been doing since day one and you have been putting up with all this time is now all of a sudden is ruining the game. All this is because your toddlers were taken out. If they hadn't been, half the complaints you make or even more would never find these boards.

I don't think you guys "converged." You were always here. When the toddlers and pools were confirmed taken out, or whatever your personal "pet" game feature is, you were on a mission to reek revenge on Maxis and EA for doing this. You will not stop until the Sims 4 is a total flop. Thus justifying your need for revenge.

But once again Sinebar misses the point. Your not changing anything at this point. Your not going to buy the game. Why are you wasting your time here for a game you have no intention of buying and your ranting is not accomplishing anything at this point? Pure and simply, your being vindictive over a computer game. LOL. Thats the only reason you are still here.

OP, they won't stop once the game is out. They will continue their ranting and it will only pick up steam because the people enjoying the game won't be here. We will be playing it. These boards have become the game for them now.

I'm not only talking to your naivety, but to EA developers. This game is not ready for prime time. Or you wouldn't see all that cursed clipping. Or they really didn't hire enough Programmers with knowledge and skills to do that right, just like an ex employee said.

The proof is in the pudding. I marvel at such low standards from gamers. Do you really, really believe the TS2 would have been so successful if TS1 players were shown all that clipping in the actual shipped game?

Do you really, really believe this is only about a pet peeve of no toddlers? Really? What you Don't see is people are angry at EA for their shenanigans since the Release of TS3 when the The Sims Studio started producing the game. There is a huge difference from the game in 2006 before they took over until now. And you don't see it because you don't want to. I don't know about other people's motives, mine are simple EA made a shoddy game, and I will say so. If you are willing to fork out the money for it, go for it, but just remember emotions are not reactive, you don't see Sims running around reacting to the fires, no, one was eating/carrying cake. You don't see Sims jump up like in TS2 to go watch a fight..just like TS3 they Couldn't Have Cared Less. That's the better Sims? Really? You are being told you get a more emotional Sim, more reactive, smarter, sorry, that's a farce. What you are getting is a set of triggers to goal up/level up. With a few interactions thrown in.

Graham said they did a good job in selling fans the 'fiction' that TS2 Sims had emotions, and this time they do, no they don't, what we see are triggers to goal more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »

I'm not only talking to your naivety, but to EA developers. This game is not ready for prime time. Or you wouldn't see all that cursed clipping. Or they really didn't hire enough Programmers with knowledge and skills to do that right, just like an ex employee said.

The proof is in the pudding. I marvel at such low standards from gamers. Do you really, really believe the TS2 would have been so successful if TS1 players were shown all that clipping in the actual shipped game?

Do you really, really believe this is only about a pet peeve of no toddlers? Really? What you Don't see is people are angry at EA for their shenanigans since the Release of TS3 when the The Sims Studio started producing the game. There is a huge difference from the game in 2006 before they took over until now. And you don't see it because you don't want to. I don't know about other people's motives, mine are simple EA made a shoddy game, and I will say so. If you are willing to fork out the money for it, go for it, but just remember emotions are not reactive, you don't see Sims running around reacting to the fires, no, one was eating/carrying cake. You don't see Sims jump up like in TS2 to go watch a fight..just like TS3 they Couldn't Have Cared Less. That's the better Sims? Really? You are being told you get a more emotional Sim, more reactive, smarter, sorry, that's a farce. What you are getting is a set of triggers to goal up/level up. With a few interactions thrown in.

Graham said they did a good job in selling fans the 'fiction' that TS2 Sims had emotions, and this time they do, no they don't, what we see are triggers to goal more.
    I'd hit agree 99 times, but I think that will only get you one point!

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
    Lightests wrote: »

Of course they won't and do you know why? Because they never do, look at TS3...how's that working out for you without mods to fix it? You were told then it was the smarter Sim, the more emotional Sim, the better game because it was open world, and had story progression. What are they telling you now? It's a smarter Sim, it's a better game because it goes back to closed world, it's a smarter AI, a better routing system so good Sims just become one as they pass each other. EA won't do anything, until you stop buying, and you won't so have fun with your bug ridden, clipping game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    They won't stop complaining, after it's evident at that point that nothing is going to change about the game. I just feel the need to spam this quote all of there the forums sometimes.
    change-the-way-you-think-570.jpg
    I never flag anyone for their opinion that would be stupid. The only time I have reported on this site was for the gross pictures someone posted. Don't go blaming flagging on me, Bokimbol. I'm not that childish, because I can argue my points without flagging someone who disagrees. Maybe calling me out got you a flag? But not from me.
  • xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    edited August 2014
    I really don't care about all the crap they talk about the game, but those kids need to calm themselves and stop all the hate. I've said million times before that SimCity and The Sims Franchise are NOT the same thing, however, they keep pushing and saying "Oh it's made by EA/Maxis, so it counts." --No, it does not count, it's not the same game, and it's not the same thing.
    To be really honest here, I've had enough of their tantrums, I've been badmouthed, hated, bashed, insulted by them and I still don't give a flying crap about what they think, because apparently I have more money than sense (YES ! IT WAS SAID) for wanting to buy a game and that I should stick to the reviewers (such as IGN, which I hate their reviews, to be fairly honest they are quite biased, and LGR, which I like but it just doesn't get to me). Like, IT'S MY MONEY, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

I'm still going to buy the game, and I'm going to play and I'll be the one knowing if it su.cks or not. AND DON'T COME TO ME AND SAY I'M STUPID because I'm not, darling, I know exactly what I'm doing.

The thing is, they hate like they did on TS3, point everything out, badmouth, create their stupid petitions that don't take them anywhere because EA doesn't give a sh--- about it and then come back and say they love the game and use its content to criticize the next one, and the next one and the other.
    Like, can you please just grow the heck up ?
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    A lot of the posts look like sour grapes to me.

I will agree with you about the sour grapes part, but I see it in the people who are holding their nose and buying the game anyway, just because it says "Sims" on the box. They are shown missing feature after missing feature, and to every one they say, "Well, I never used that anyway," or "I can live without it." Show them major clipping issues -- rapidly becoming a laughingstock in the gaming world -- and they say "It looks OK to me."

Yep, sour grapes. They can't have what they really want in the game but will say it's fine & dandy anyway.

xHareHarex wrote: »
    I really don't care about all the crap they talk about the game, but those kids need to calm themselves and stop all the hate. I've said million times before that SimCity and The Sims Franchise are NOT the same thing, however, they keep pushing and saying "Oh it's made by EA/Maxis, so it counts." --No, it does not count, it's not the same game, and it's not the same thing.
    To be really honest here, I've had enough of their tantrums, I've been badmouthed, hated, bashed, insulted by them and I still don't give a flying crap about what they think, because apparently I have more money than sense (YES ! IT WAS SAID) for wanting to buy a game and that I should stick to the reviewers (such as IGN, which I hate their reviews, to be fairly honest they are quite biased, and LGR, which I like but it just doesn't get to me). Like, IT'S MY MONEY, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

I'm still going to buy the game, and I'm going to play and I'll be the one knowing if it su.cks or not. AND DON'T COME TO ME AND SAY I'M STUPID because I'm not, darling, I know exactly what I'm doing.

The thing is, they hate like they did on TS3, point everything out, badmouth, create their stupid petitions that don't take them anywhere because EA doesn't give a sh--- about it and then come back and say they love the game and use its content to criticize the next one, and the next one and the other.

Did you know I never badmouthed the TS2? Strange isn't it when it comes to what I think is quality for the money. If and when I did I only listed bugs that I wanted fixed. And you know what? After Pescado would put out a hack fix, EA would shortly fix the issue with a patch. No waiting for Months. That was when Maxis was still in charge of the game. I have said things about TS2 I didn't like, however, 'that' team made a sandbox game so it wasn't like there was never a work around in the game for the player.

It was only After The Sims Studio Took Over the game and Rod/Ron Humble who loved rpg games started in on the last EPs I became dissatisfied with that game. I tried their last EPs. but often played without them installed. Up to Seasons was a good game, after that you start to see Face Book flavors and more Goal Oriented/ RPG type game play. And at that time added the TS2 Store. Which didn't go over with TS2 players. Strange how the TS3 store suddenly was the 'in' thing to do. Arguments every game was doing that, might as well join them than rebel.

TS3 is a subpar game to me, too, and look who created it. I am not biased in my reviews of games, I know quality when I see it. The open world would have been great if they had put their focus on making it great. But the focus of TS3 is on the DLC and not the gameplay value.

It's an o.k. game, but it could have been a great game.

The TS4 is a glorified Face Book game. I mean what kind of aspiration is it to make your Sim be disliked by three others, or have to do something "25" times to achieve the aspiraton. What kind of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Sims' game is that..wait I know, The Sims Free to Play. Go look.

Since when is the aspiration of 'the Sim' about the players? When it's a face book game.

I have been gripes about this game, missing features, Face Book linear type gameplay, but pile on top of that shoddy programming showing Sims can't even recoginize they are standing in a couch and walk through it, is just poor quality and should have been delayed.

It is you all that are rewarding and applauding all that. Don't expect it better down the line. Why should they, you will buy it anyway.

If I edit anything it's not to change my position but to correct my grammar which is horrible and or spelling or to add what I originally forgot. So, yeah, wrong again.
  • xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »
    xHareHarex wrote: »

Did you know I never badmouthed the TS2? Strange isn't it when it comes to what I think is quality for the money. If and when I did I only listed bugs that I wanted fixed. And you know what? After Pescado would put out a hack fix, EA would shortly fix the issue with a patch. No waiting for Months. That was when Maxis was still in charge of the game. I have said things about TS2 I didn't like, however, 'that' team made a sandbox game so it wasn't like there was never a work around in the game for the player.

It was only After The Sims Studio Took Over the game and Rod/Ron Humble who loved rpg games started in on the last EPs I became dissatisfied with that game. I tried their last EPs. but often played without them installed. Up to Seasons was a good game, after that you start to see Face Book flavors and more Goal Oriented/ RPG type game play. And at that time added the TS2 Store. Which didn't go over with TS2 players. Strange how the TS3 store suddenly was the 'in' thing to do. Arguments every game was doing that, might as well join them than rebel.

TS3 is a subpar game to me, too, and look who created it. I am not biased in my reviews of games, I know quality when I see it. The open world would have been great if they had put their focus on making it great. But the focus of TS3 is on the DLC and not the gameplay value.

It's an o.k. game, but it could have been a great game.

The TS4 is a glorified Face Book game. I mean what kind of aspiration is it to make your Sim be disliked by three others, or have to do something "25" times to achieve the aspiraton. What kind of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Sims' game is that..wait I know, The Sims Free to Play. Go look.

Since when is the aspiration of 'the Sim' about the players? When it's a face book game.

I have been gripes about this game, missing features, Face Book linear type gameplay, but pile on top of that shoddy programming showing Sims can't even recoginize they are standing in a couch and walk through it, is just poor quality and should have been delayed.

It is you all that are rewarding and applauding all that. Don't expect it better down the line. Why should they, you will buy it anyway.

Who said I was targeting you ? Don't get your ego too high, please.
    tumblr_n3zb2jdkHG1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Edit: Correct grammar, add gif.
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow... it's so sad. Us- Them/You ... We / Good... Bad / Hate... Love.

As if we're not all Simmers. As if we all didn't start out with high hopes for the game.

It wasn't because of pools... It wasn't* because of toddlers... It wasn't because of loading screens... It was so much added together that I don't feel the price is worth the game play. Hating on the game?

Are you all crazy? We're broken hearted! At least I am... I just want to cry that I"m going to miss the joy of a new Sims game. :(

Now, I know that might bring you down but it shouldn't. If you start reading or see someone who has loved and enjoyed the game for years but is broken hearted and is crying a little in their posts- just give a pause of sadness and move on. Enjoy your happiness...

I think there's a lot of people who need a little compassion.
    edited August 2014
    Rflong7 wrote: »

As if we're not all Simmers. As if we all didn't start out with high hopes for the game.

It wasn't because of pools... It wasn't* because of toddlers... It wasn't because of loading screens... It was so much added together that I don't feel the price is worth the game play. Hating on the game?

Are you all crazy? We're broken hearted! At least I am... I just want to cry that I"m going to miss the joy of a new Sims game. :(

Now, I know that might bring you down but it shouldn't. If you start reading or see someone who has loved and enjoyed the game for years but is broken hearted and is crying a little in their posts- just give a pause of sadness and move on. Enjoy your happiness...

Very well said!!!
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member

It wasn't because of pools... It wasn't stop because of toddlers... It wasn't because of loading screens... It was so much added together that I don't feel the price is worth the game play. Hating on the game?

Glad to see i'm not the only one who is kind off sick of seeying this community fall apart over this game,
    I have seen many community's pull together at points and voice their worry's, now I understand that people feel how they feel, i'm not one to start yelling "don't buy this game" because i don't like it, but it's driving me up the wall how pro sims 4 people and anti sims 4 people keep jumping one and other with knives over this game...

We would have been a much stronger community if we worked together and not against one and other... .
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

This is how I feel. I wanted to love it, and I do love the CAS, but I'm not sure I'll love the game. I sure will miss your beautiful worlds. I'm strongly hoping sims 5 will be more fleshed out.

• tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    Ivinora wrote: »
    tomchan0 wrote: »
    They are sticking around because they want to be right. When someone is upset and angry, all they want is validation. People see what they want to see.

When I watch the videos, I get excited, and see all the fun times to be had. When a basher watches it, all they see is...well more things to bash.

People can watch the same thing and see things totally different...usually what already agrees in what they believe it to be.

Honestly, I hope I am the one that is right. :)

Sorry to say this, but there are no rights or wrongs
    Videogames are a matter of taste, as you can see alot of people are happy with this release why others are not
    you get excited i don't, i'm sure i got excited over trailers videos in the last few weeks you didn't ;)

and yes people will complain and maybe you never will, some are just more vocal then others :3

When it comes to trolls well... that's another type of breed

I am expecting to enjoy the game.
    When the game comes out, and if I do enjoy it.
    That makes me right. For me.

So yes, there is a right and wrong. I didn't apply it to the whole population. Just my own expectations.

and I do so, want to be right.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    From some of the posts it looks like some people have been fight-flagging, or revenge flagging.
    Seriously?
    Have people forgotten this is a forum about The Sims (specifically 4 on this page)? :P
    But on the plus side some heated sims debate is always interesting. As long as it doesn't become that heated.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited August 2014
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    A lot of the posts look like sour grapes to me.

I will agree with you about the sour grapes part, but I see it in the people who are holding their nose and buying the game anyway, just because it says "Sims" on the box. They are shown missing feature after missing feature, and to every one they say, "Well, I never used that anyway," or "I can live without it." Show them major clipping issues -- rapidly becoming a laughingstock in the gaming world -- and they say "It looks OK to me."

Yep, sour grapes. They can't have what they really want in the game but will say it's fine & dandy anyway.

You and I have different definitions of sour grapes. It isn't sour grapes to have a different opinions. It isn't sour grapes to decide you don't like the new game and don't want to play it. It is sour grapes to decide you don't like the new game and endlessly rant day in and day out that EA won't make the game the way you want it. It is not sour grapes to decide you like the new game, or to think the game looks fun to you and you want to try it.

The rest of your response is patently ridiculous. If people don't agree with your assessment of the clipping issues or your opinion that the game is a laughing stock that is not sour grapes. This is exactly my point. It is fine if you think the game is a laughing stock. You are entitled to that opinion. Don't buy it. What are you accomplishing by endlessly complaining about everthing you find wrong with the game? What are you accomplishing by posing a patently ridiculous argument that people who do want to buy the game are exhibiting sour grapes?

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    From some of the posts it looks like some people have been fight-flagging, or revenge flagging.
    Seriously?
    Have people forgotten this is a forum about The Sims (specifically 4 on this page)? :P
    But on the plus side some heated sims debate is always interesting. As long as it doesn't become that heated.

I haven't read anything in this thread that deserves a flag. People who flag needlessly only hurt themselves. The moderators have to take time out to read the posts that don't deserve flags and rapidly figure out who to ignore when they send out flags. I have never found it a good idea to foolishly "tee off" forum moderators.

Origin ID: Barbara917