Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here's an idea, FIX the game you already sold us

PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
edited February 2015 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Post edited by PigDestroyer1978 on

Comments

• Options
    gabythesimslovergabythesimslover Posts: 146 Member
    As much as I agree that many things still need to be fixed with The Sims 3 I hardly doubt that anything will get fixed at this point :'(
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    There are fixes for most of the bugs in this game at NRaas and these fixes are great because I use them just to have a playable game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Here's an idea: Use Nraas mods to fix it. They're not going to.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    I have always believed that simulation (and mainly a game like The sims that brings out expensions/stuff packs every 3months)
    should have a MMO threatment where a patch happens every week, It was actually so needed for this game... .
    even store content never got fixed, every expension pack (6months) you would get 1 patch and it ended up breaking more then fixing...
    Yes you can use Nraas (wich i use aswell) but really the modders/community aren't the once who should be fixing this mess.
    So yes, I also hoped sims 3 would atleast get some of the bigger problems out of the way, but they can't be bothered I guess

The sad part is it has already rubbed off on The Sims 4, the game looks broken as can be, and I see alot of people going, "oh it's ok, Modders will fix it for us!"... :neutral_face: wich just isn't how it should be...
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    Sadly I don't think EA will ever patch Sims 3 again :( all their focus is on the Sims 4 now, and I personally am a little dissapointed, as I was hoping for at least one more patch to fix some of the problems we still have that have never been fixed, for example:
    • Styling Stations reset the Sims lifestage back to the beginning.
    • Werewolves become wolves and then never automatically turn back to being humans.
    • Sims exploring underwater caves are still reset back onto Land, despite they claimed it'd been fixed.
    • Sims sleeping on a houseboat will sometimes reset.

And that's not them all by any means. The thing is, I know as @AiHaou says, Mods and Nraars fix some things, but I for one don't feel comfortable downloading things like that, especially since it SHOULDN'T be down to them to fix, it should be EA repairing their own products. However the worst coded product of all time is perhaps a little harsh :smirk: Other games are worse to begin with, glitch-free, I am sure...

About Island Paradise though - remember it's only the town that freezes, not the other features of the EP which you can still enjoy. It's not EA's bad product which is causing freezes in Islo Paradiso, it's the fact that it's a big world due to the hidden island - too big for some people. If you're computer is a little older, it cannot support such a big world. So I'm afraid that's not something EA can actually fix :)

~YellowJane~
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    ExpandSims2ExpandSims2 Posts: 373 Member
    I think the farther into The Sims 3 expansions and store things, the greater and greater the demand was on a pc. Especially the graphics cards. And even if your graphics card is sufficient other parts of the pc have to be sufficient also. I think a lot of people were disappointed and irate when they reached a point where it was too much for their pc. I also believe there's a possibility that the launcher was never designed to hold the amount of content of every expansion, every stuff pack, and the entire store content. I have a good gaming computer now. The Sims 3 first put to rest my xp that played every thing else I had. Then I bought a new hp that had everything in spades, including 8gb of ram. After a while I had to buy a better graphics card and power supply. Lately my driver put out an upgrade that helped a lot. Not everyone can do all this but with this game it is necessary. I won't say it fixed every problem, especially the ones EA's patches broke...but it has allowed me to play a game with almost none of the many problems people cite on the forums. Some of my problems were directly related to cc and doing things I wasn't supposed to do. EA never informed us when the cheats they gave us turned bad for the game. There are many causes for the problems in The Sims 3 and EA has taken all the heat. I only think people should stop and think of all the possibilities before jumping to conclusions because someone else is starting to say they know .......Just don't accept any opinion before thinking for yourself (including mine). Not necessarily defending EA here just giving my opinion like everyone else....not worth more or less. I have preordered The Sims 4 and am excited about it. I'm sure there'll be things I dislike as well as things I like, like there has been with each of the previous ones. However, there is not another game on the market like the sims. And I like this games format in general so much that it's about all I ever play. You could say I'm addicted to it I guess. So even with it's problems, no matter the cause, I will continue to play it and be thankful there is a game that captivates me and gives me such enjoyment. As far as the debate about Sims 4, to quote Forest Gump.....life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get...and that's all I've got to say about that....:) Sorry for such a long post....off my soap box now....:)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited August 2014
    Deleted because I looked at some of your other posts and it seems you just like to start arguments. I don't want to be involved with any of that noise.
    Post edited by AnnitaEatsYa on
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    Well, that's very strange indeed. I am running a rig pretty similar to yours (only difference is that I have a much slower processor) and I only have a few of the problems that you've discussed in your first post. My FPS is pretty steady during gameplay and it does freeze on occasion, but it does sort itself out eventually. My game does take a lot of time to load, but I have 13GB of Custom Content, so that's understandable.

I hope you can find some way to sort your problems out. If you're having issues with unroutable sims, then I would suggest that you avoid Monte Vista. My Nraas mods go into a frenzy whenever I load up that town as it tries to fix "stuck" sims.
  • Options
    leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    Yes its wrong, yes they should fix it but they wont.The base game and expansions arent play tested enough before hitting the shelves. I dont own all the expansions because i know the more I have in the game the more it plums up. Im starting to buy store content knowing that eventually it will bug my game and i will have to limit that :( I like the look of TS4 but I wont buy it straight away because I know it will be full of bugs and will wait for them to be patched. Its sad but its EA
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• Options
    Jazz-Hands-OKJazz-Hands-OK Posts: 144 Member
    Deleted because I looked at some of your other posts and it seems you just like to start arguments. I don't want to be involved with any of that noise.

This thread is in need of a cat that has enjoyed its first bag of industrial strength catnip.

y11E62s.jpg

My work here is done.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    You do know that SLI is not compatible with sims games, right?
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    i hear ya, and yeah its sad that sims 3 will not be supported anymore. regardless of what i feel about sims 4, (which is mostly contempt) sims 3 is still being played by many people, and still deserves support from ea for its loyal customers. how hard can it be to throw us a few patches every now and then? my game works fairly well for the most part, but i do still have some lingering bugs that could have, and should have, been fixed long ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    YellowJane wrote: »
    Sadly I don't think EA will ever patch Sims 3 again :( all their focus is on the Sims 4 now, and I personally am a little dissapointed, as I was hoping for at least one more patch to fix some of the problems we still have that have never been fixed, for example:
    • Styling Stations reset the Sims lifestage back to the beginning.
    • Werewolves become wolves and then never automatically turn back to being humans.
    • Sims exploring underwater caves are still reset back onto Land, despite they claimed it'd been fixed.
    • Sims sleeping on a houseboat will sometimes reset.

And that's not them all by any means. The thing is, I know as @AiHaou says, Mods and Nraars fix some things, but I for one don't feel comfortable downloading things like that, especially since it SHOULDN'T be down to them to fix, it should be EA repairing their own products. However the worst coded product of all time is perhaps a little harsh :smirk: Other games are worse to begin with, glitch-free, I am sure...

About Island Paradise though - remember it's only the town that freezes, not the other features of the EP which you can still enjoy. It's not EA's bad product which is causing freezes in Islo Paradiso, it's the fact that it's a big world due to the hidden island - too big for some people. If you're computer is a little older, it cannot support such a big world. So I'm afraid that's not something EA can actually fix :)

~YellowJane~
    Thanks for answering the one thing I always wanted to know-that the lag problem was with the town, not the EP itself! I'll probably still wait for it to go on sale before buying though!
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    You do know that SLI is not compatible with sims games, right?
    You're right, which is why with my graphics controller I only use one card to run it...but I thought you already knew that. Guess I was trying to tell the people who were insisting its my computer, its capability.

For those having trouble understanding, this thread isn't saying I can't play the Sims 3 or that my computer isn't capable. Its calling out EA on not fixing their problems and leaving us to deal with them. Really, there should be no reason any of you are against this idea. Boggles my mind. :|

Nowhere in your post did I see you indicate that you had disabled SLI. That's why I asked. But I absolutely agree with the point of your post. EA should fix the game we have spent hundreds of dollars on before trying to shove another bug ridden game down our throats! I don't think the folks at EA know how to fix it or else they are just too lazy. It's easier to make a new game and take out all the features we loved!
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015