Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you still buy it?

Comments

• Options
    GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    sorry, i cant honestly compare a $70 vase with a $60-$80 game cause i dont like vases at all. i wouldnt even buy any vase for $70 unless if i knew it was worth like a lot more and i could resell it. honestly, theres a lot of things like furniture that i personally think are overpriced but maybe thats only cause im a teenager and i still dont have to buy furniture for a house :D
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Most of us are painfully aware of TS3s BUGs that still have not been fixed by EA.....
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    justin5812 wrote: »
    Of course I would still buy it. a game can be update for free, but a vase is DIFFERENT, you have to pay for the missing pieces.

Ummm, Its EA. Trust me when I say you have to pay for missing pieces.
    Because no other company outside of EA puts out games with missing pieces or issues.

It was a joke.

I r dum

Huh? What?

I am unintelligent for not realizing you were joshing.

K.

• Options
    EragonMagicEragonMagic Posts: 25 New Member
    > @InannaWintermoon said:
    > Most of us are painfully aware of TS3s BUGs that still have not been fixed by EA.....
    that's true but you still play the sims 3 sow it isn't that bad
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    I actually like TS3 and Mods fix the issues in TS3. I still won't touch TS4 to save my life.
    I never did say TS3 was bad thought. :P
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Most of us are painfully aware of TS3s BUGs that still have not been fixed by EA.....

Exactly, and I think it's sensible to assume the same attention (or lack there of) will be given to TS4 issues. :(

On the upside, the information is out there. Hopefully people will know what they're getting, this time. For some it's no biggie, for others it will be.

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    You don't buy a lot of antiques, do you?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    oke help someone how can you reply on a comment???
  • Options
    skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Vases and games aren't comparable. Besides the Sims is the only viable life simulation game out there in this current generation.

You do make a good point. It's either Sims or nothing for life simulation games. To be honest, I kind of wish another company would create games similar to The Sims. I'll still be a simmer for life, but there's tons of city building games other than SimCity, so why not more life simulation games.
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member

do you mean quote it lik how I did?
  • Options
    just click the "Quote button under their post.

• Options
    simsluvr yes :D
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Of course I would still buy it. a game can be update for free, but a vase is DIFFERENT, you have to pay for the missing pieces.
    Even though I'm on your side, this popped in my head. Free patches for games can kind of be compared to like a warranty for the vase.

Yup and a very good rea
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Anavastia wrote: »

Technically if you dropped the sims 4 cd it could shatter, and could get deep scratches. Also this isn't one v.s. the other type thread. The analogy goes like this. At what level of damage to the game are you willing to accept. The same way in the vase at what level of damage are you willing to accept. That's the analogy.

Well then, that analogy has variations. But you are attempting to liken the S4 to a totally broken vase. That's not the case. You see flaws making you decide you don't want to purchase it. That's fine. All art has flaws in the eyes of the viewer. Now, IF you are solely looking to own perfection for collectible and increased value, then the eye is more discerning.

The sims is a game. While it's art and has value to players determined by how they play, it's not analogous in terms of overall value.

Hmmmm how to respond to you.

While sims 4 has glitches, it doesn't mean it's the severly broken vase either. It could be the vase with nicks and scratches, or a crack. Still useable and playable.

Games in themselves are work of art. Everyone here is going to feel the different about that game in the same way they feel different about the vase. What is another mans garbage can be another mans treasure whether it has value or not. Even a video game can equate to that saying. As to me sims is a treasure, however take someone who doesn't like the genre and to them it's garbage. So The value of both are up to the individual in the end. Still doesn't change the analogy, I'm making.

the point is this: No one in their right mind as a collector would buy part of a vase to seek out and maybe someday find the rest of it. The art glass world is far different than the game world.

And the S4 is a base game to be added to. So in essence, it IS a broken vase waiting for the pieces to be added to make it whole again.

So I say again....bad analogy.

O.o you seem to be placing your career in the anology. I know for a fact people will and indeed do purchase parts of vases. Especially if that vase happened to be fragments of 1,000's of years ago. In many parts of the world are on display. So the fact it's a glass vase doesn't hold here i just used glass for images of a vase. i could have taken any other vase.

However that's the point of analogy. As a collector you wouldn't buy parts of a vase to seek out and maybe someday find the rest. Yet people will buy a game in hopes to seek out and maybe someday find the rest of what they feel is missing from the game. Many will spend hundred's of dollars to do it. The analogy is good because you still fit right in to it.

You're not willing to buy the shattered vase.

Let me say this because vases do come with accessories. Yes you can change and upgrade a vase. Simply buy adding to it beads, colored water, lights, flowers, etc. Like the base game the vase is the foundation that holds it all. The add ons make it more useful and decorative. Is that not what expansions do for sims games. Expand upon the game. If that is the point than how much are you willing to tolerate of the base. In what condition are you willing to buy it? Can dance around it all you want to but again the analogy stays the same.
  • Options
    simsluvr yes :D
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    just click the "Quote button under their post.

They said it... on the comment youre reading there is a link button that says quote and it will automatically put what they said in the comment box
  • Options
    skittlejg wrote: »
    Vases and games aren't comparable. Besides the Sims is the only viable life simulation game out there in this current generation.

You do make a good point. It's either Sims or nothing for life simulation games. To be honest, I kind of wish another company would create games similar to The Sims. I'll still be a simmer for life, but there's tons of city building games other than SimCity, so why not more life simulation games.
    i really want this so bad. i actually like simulators a lot, for example euro truck simulator, farming simulator, surgeon simulator, simcity which is a city simulator basically. and well life simulation is the best type of simulation game there is. but EA owns the only life simulation game so that really sucks...... the sims 2 was great. i really wish a different company would make a new series of life simulation thats far better than the sims and maybe even more focused on realism.
  • Options
    > @simsluvr90 said:
    > EragonMagic wrote: »
    >
    > simsluvr yes
    >
    >
    >
    > Gazpachoid wrote: »
    >
    >
    > oke help someone how can you reply on a comment???
    >
    >
    >
    > just click the "Quote button under their post.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They said it... on the comment youre reading there is a link button that says quote and it will automatically put what they said in the comment box
    oke thanks :) i thought it wasn't that because when you type it it looks reaaly weird :p
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    I actually like TS3 and Mods fix the issues in TS3. I still won't touch TS4 to save my life.
    I never did say TS3 was bad thought. :P

Yes if had not been for the great vase repairer Twallan.... I mean the great modder Twallan i would not even be able to play sims 3 at all.
  • Options
    > @simsluvr90 said:<br />
    > EragonMagic wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > simsluvr yes <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Gazpachoid wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > oke help someone how can you reply on a comment???<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > just click the "Quote button under their post.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > They said it... on the comment youre reading there is a link button that says quote and it will automatically put what they said in the comment box<br />
    oke thanks :) i thought it wasn't that because when you type it it looks reaaly weird :p

sometimes it doesnt work right and it will come up looking like this ^^

• Options
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    skittlejg wrote: »

i really want this so bad. i actually like simulators a lot, for example euro truck simulator, farming simulator, surgeon simulator, simcity which is a city simulator basically. and well life simulation is the best type of simulation game there is. but EA owns the only life simulation game so that really sucks...... the sims 2 was great. i really wish a different company would make a new series of life simulation thats far better than the sims and maybe even more focused on realism.
    actually, i think the only other game that really comes close to life simulation is GTA 5. i can own my own cars, apartment and houses, roam freely in an huge open world either walking ,swimming, driving, flying planes or helicopters. the only thing thats missing of course is offline RPG like the sims, with relationships , socialization and actual careers like we see in the sims.
  • Options
    > @simsluvr90 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > sometimes it doesnt work right and it will come up looking like this ^^
    that's always with me :( hope this time not
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Even though I'm on your side, this popped in my head. Free patches for games can kind of be compared to like a warranty for the vase.

Yup and a very good rea

Technically if you dropped the sims 4 cd it could shatter, and could get deep scratches. Also this isn't one v.s. the other type thread. The analogy goes like this. At what level of damage to the game are you willing to accept. The same way in the vase at what level of damage are you willing to accept. That's the analogy.

Well then, that analogy has variations. But you are attempting to liken the S4 to a totally broken vase. That's not the case. You see flaws making you decide you don't want to purchase it. That's fine. All art has flaws in the eyes of the viewer. Now, IF you are solely looking to own perfection for collectible and increased value, then the eye is more discerning.

The sims is a game. While it's art and has value to players determined by how they play, it's not analogous in terms of overall value.

Hmmmm how to respond to you.

While sims 4 has glitches, it doesn't mean it's the severly broken vase either. It could be the vase with nicks and scratches, or a crack. Still useable and playable.

Games in themselves are work of art. Everyone here is going to feel the different about that game in the same way they feel different about the vase. What is another mans garbage can be another mans treasure whether it has value or not. Even a video game can equate to that saying. As to me sims is a treasure, however take someone who doesn't like the genre and to them it's garbage. So The value of both are up to the individual in the end. Still doesn't change the analogy, I'm making.

the point is this: No one in their right mind as a collector would buy part of a vase to seek out and maybe someday find the rest of it. The art glass world is far different than the game world.

And the S4 is a base game to be added to. So in essence, it IS a broken vase waiting for the pieces to be added to make it whole again.

So I say again....bad analogy.

O.o you seem to be placing your career in the anology. I know for a fact people will and indeed do purchase parts of vases. Especially if that vase happened to be fragments of 1,000's of years ago. In many parts of the world are on display. So the fact it's a glass vase doesn't hold here i just used glass for images of a vase. i could have taken any other vase.

However that's the point of analogy. As a collector you wouldn't buy parts of a vase to seek out and maybe someday find the rest. Yet people will buy a game in hopes to seek out and maybe someday find the rest of what they feel is missing from the game. Many will spend hundred's of dollars to do it. The analogy is good because you still fit right in to it.

You're not willing to buy the shattered vase.

Let me say this because vases do come with accessories. Yes you can change and upgrade a vase. Simply buy adding to it beads, colored water, lights, flowers, etc. Like the base game the vase is the foundation that holds it all. The add ons make it more useful and decorative. Is that not what expansions do for sims games. Expand upon the game. If that is the point than how much are you willing to tolerate of the base. In what condition are you willing to buy it? Can dance around it all you want to but again the analogy stays the same.

I don't know anyone in the glass world that will buy a part of a vase. But I know the sims is all about the base of the vase when they start over.

• Options
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > sometimes it doesnt work right and it will come up looking like this ^^<br />

When I quote I make sure I space down a couple of times before I type... I dont know if you do that
  • Options
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > sometimes it doesnt work right and it will come up looking like this ^^<br />

try pressing enter before you start typing and dont edit or click anything between the [/quote]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    > @Gazpachoid said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > try pressing enter before you start typing and dont edit or click anything between the [/ oké i will try :) quote]
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

New members can't quote or post pictures until they get a certain amount of points. Just keep talking and you'll get there. :)
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper