Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More World adventures expansion.

max9119123max9119123 Posts: 307 Member
If you can think of a better name let me know. World adventures was one of my favorite expansion in sims 3. I would love to see it return in the sims 4 but this time with more places to travel too. Also to be compatible with seasons. More interactions. Along with holidays for that location. More improved tomb exploring. etc Have any ideas? Sorry my brain not working yet :P Didn't get much sleep.

Comments

• CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    I'd really like that, too, but also with smaller loading times! In TS3 it would take forever to go on a place, and afterwards sometimes my game would crash and I would lose any progress I did on my trip. Maybe it was just my pc, but it still annoyed too much! I think it would be nice if it was like the open worlds are now in TS4! But, then again, it shouldn't be that easy to go on a travel. But I'd definitely love to see more destinations, too! :)
  • max9119123max9119123 Posts: 307 Member
    Catsza wrote: »
    I'd really like that, too, but also with smaller loading times! In TS3 it would take forever to go on a place, and afterwards sometimes my game would crash and I would lose any progress I did on my trip. Maybe it was just my pc, but it still annoyed too much! I think it would be nice if it was like the open worlds are now in TS4! But, then again, it shouldn't be that easy to go on a travel. But I'd definitely love to see more destinations, too! :)

I would love to see a Sim get on plane with interactions and such. Maybe he could jump out the plane and land on a weird island. Then have him either stay on the island or find ways to get off.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    World Adventures is a great expansion pack. It is fun travelling to the different worlds. With the way in sims 4 that it is easier to travel from one world to another, it will be great setting up other worlds as places to go for a holiday, and also it may lead to an expansion pack similar to World adventures.
    rosemow wrote: »
    World Adventures is a great expansion pack. It is fun travelling to the different worlds. With the way in sims 4 that it is easier to travel from one world to another, it will be great setting up other worlds as places to go for a holiday, and also it may lead to an expansion pack similar to World adventures.

World adventures I just fell in love with. I chat to people all over. A lot of good friends that live in different areas of the world. So world adventures is a must for me. I also love how exploring tombs worked. The puzzle solving was great because I love puzzles.
    Those are amazing ideas. It would also be a challenge all on its own. Boarding a plane and choosing an unknown destination. Or, they could board a ship that would take them to a far away island. All those are also pretty awesome storyline ideas. :D and, also, I just love the concept of holiday. Wouldn't it be awesome if our sims could go off to a honeymoon right after their marriage? Or if a season expansion pack comes out, how awesome would it be for them to get a big holiday at summer, or some other season?
    Those are amazing ideas. It would also be a challenge all on its own. Boarding a plane and choosing an unknown destination. Or, they could board a ship that would take them to a far away island. All those are also pretty awesome storyline ideas. :D and, also, I just love the concept of holiday. Wouldn't it be awesome if our sims could go off to a honeymoon right after their marriage? Or if a season expansion pack comes out, how awesome would it be for them to get a big holiday at summer, or some other season?

I could never get a wedding to happen. They always end up getting married at a house or something. >-< Yes I had generations but I would always try to give them a honeymoon by taking them to Paris,Egypt,or China. I want a more detailed seasons. Like santa showing up randomly in your house. They could even ad creepy to it. Like have santa watch you sleep. XD. Get mad if no cookies are left out. Etc
    max9119123 wrote: »
    I could never get a wedding to happen. They always end up getting married at a house or something. >-< Yes I had generations but I would always try to give them a honeymoon by taking them to Paris,Egypt,or China. I want a more detailed seasons. Like santa showing up randomly in your house. They could even ad creepy to it. Like have santa watch you sleep. XD. Get mad if no cookies are left out. Etc

Ahahaha, I absolutely know what you mean! I was too busy getting away with the wedding quickly so that I could start making babies! But a honeymoon would be a really good excuse for me to throw big weddings :D Am I mistaken, or in TS2 the bride and the groom would leave for some time with a limousine right after the wedding? Oh, I'd love the idea of Santa! I used to be so obsessed with everything that involves Christmas, and I really really loved it when an expansion pack came out with Christmas decorations :D

Ahahaha, I absolutely know what you mean! I was too busy getting away with the wedding quickly so that I could start making babies! But a honeymoon would be a really good excuse for me to throw big weddings :D Am I mistaken, or in TS2 the bride and the groom would leave for some time with a limousine right after the wedding? Oh, I'd love the idea of Santa! I used to be so obsessed with everything that involves Christmas, and I really really loved it when an expansion pack came out with Christmas decorations :D

I got all my decorations for free threw giveaways on sims 3 store. I think they are still up for grabs if you can find them.
    edited August 2014

I got all my decorations for free threw giveaways on sims 3 store. I think they are still up for grabs if you can find them.

Really??? That's so cool!! Well, I'm planning to uninstall my Sims 3 game! It was crashing toooo much! I used to own every expansion pack, but when the crashing became too much, I uninstalled everything and installed only the base game, world adventures, pets and supernatural. I think I even left out Season, pff. And it still crashes, so yeah, I'm just hoping my (soon to be formatted pc) will behave better with new game! :/

Really??? That's so cool!! Well, I'm planning to uninstall my Sims 3 game! It was crashing toooo much! I used to own every expansion pack, but when the crashing became too much, I uninstalled everything and installed only the base game, world adventures, pets and supernatural. I think I even left out Season, pff. And it still crashes, so yeah, I'm just hoping my (soon to be formatted pc) will behave better with new game! :/

I noticed a difference in sims 4 create a sim demo so hopefully I will when I play the full game next week.

I noticed a difference in sims 4 create a sim demo so hopefully I will when I play the full game next week.

Yeah, me too! Let's keep our fingers crossed!! :)

What do you think of the game so far? well what you seen?

Well... To put it simply, I just LOVE it!!! :D I really like how the animation is now a little cartoon-ish, the sims are soooo pretty, and you can make their faces and bodies so detailed you can actually make proper Simselves of people from your real life. I also like the new building tools, because they seem much much easier than how they were in previous games. I like how our two neighborhoods are open like that. And, in general I love so many aspects of TS4. I dislike many things that were cut off, like family trees, story progression, toddlers and pools. But, I would trade that game for Sims 3 any time. The Sims in TS3 are always so ugly, blieh! And, generally, this game has given me too much hard time to enjoy it anymore. Oh, I got a little passionate about that now, didn't I? :p what do you think of the game? Did you see the live stream just a few hours ago on Twitch?

Well... To put it simply, I just LOVE it!!! :D I really like how the animation is now a little cartoon-ish, the sims are soooo pretty, and you can make their faces and bodies so detailed you can actually make proper Simselves of people from your real life. I also like the new building tools, because they seem much much easier than how they were in previous games. I like how our two neighborhoods are open like that. And, in general I love so many aspects of TS4. I dislike many things that were cut off, like family trees, story progression, toddlers and pools. But, I would trade that game for Sims 3 any time. The Sims in TS3 are always so ugly, blieh! And, generally, this game has given me too much hard time to enjoy it anymore. Oh, I got a Ttle passionate about that now, didn't I? :p what do you think of the game? Did you see the live stream just a few hours ago on Twitch?

I love the direction of the sims 4. Yes I will miss a lot of things. I'm really proud of the whole sims team. I love the animation. I love that the menu buttons aren't chunky blue like in previous games. The white really looks nice. I also love they gave us things that required expansion or purchases. Build mode looks great! I herd they will have more interactions like in sims 2. So I am excited for that. The forums are even nice! I just wish you could delete discussions because I posted a discussion about making friends on here and forgot to tell people to not share personal info. I didn't do it to get people in trouble. I did so people could get to know each other better. >-<

I love the direction of the sims 4. Yes I will miss a lot of things. I'm really proud of the whole sims team. I love the animation. I love that the menu buttons aren't chunky blue like in previous games. The white really looks nice. I also love they gave us things that required expansion or purchases. Build mode looks great! I herd they will have more interactions like in sims 2. So I am excited for that. The forums are even nice! I just wish you could delete discussions because I posted a discussion about making friends on here and forgot to tell people to not share personal info. I didn't do it to get people in trouble. I did so people could get to know each other better. >-<

I absolutely agree!! The game in general is very improved, and it seems like the development team too many things in a very limited timeframe, so their accomplishment is even greater!! :D oh, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm sure you didn't mean any harm! I'm very new here (less than a week old, you could say :p , even though I've been playing for 10 years, since TS2 was released) and I haven't started any discussions, but well, I think that everyone should always remember not to share any personal info of any kind.

I absolutely agree!! The game in general is very improved, and it seems like the development team too many things in a very limited timeframe, so their accomplishment is even greater!! :D oh, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm sure you didn't mean any harm! I'm very new here (less than a week old, you could say :p , even though I've been playing for 10 years, since TS2 was released) and I haven't started any discussions, but well, I think that everyone should always remember not to share any personal info of any kind.

I edited the discussion and even said that I forgot about the rule. I also added do not include personal info. Even though some people did. I think it will be ok though. I started with sims social back in 2010 I thought it was 2011 but It couldn't have been because I got sims 1 first before I got sims 3. I got sims 3 on my birthday. I played sims 1 for a while. I think months before I jumped into sims 3. I think the newest expansion at the time I could be wrong was showtime.

I edited the discussion and even said that I forgot about the rule. I also added do not include personal info. Even though some people did. I think it will be ok though. I started with sims social back in 2010 I thought it was 2011 but It couldn't have been because I got sims 1 first before I got sims 3. I got sims 3 on my birthday. I played sims 1 for a while. I think months before I jumped into sims 3. I think the newest expansion at the time I could be wrong was showtime.

Oh, then I hope it will be okay, and no one else will make the mistake of oversharing! :) oh, I've never played TS1, just 2, 3, Sims Urban (or, whatever it was called) on Nintendo, Sims Social, Sims Freeplay. But I really just prefer the Sims for pc! And, I can't wait for TS4 *swoon*
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    edited August 2014
    On topic, World Adventures was hands-down my favorite expansion of TS3.

On that note, that's one of my favorite concepts about the way TS4 does loading/travelling. You've got the two icons in the top left of the map, to switch between Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Imagine if there was another one for Al Simhara! And another for Sims University!

No need for complex, byzantine processes for visiting other worlds! Just click the button and go!

And expansion packs that add new in-world content (such as a Pet Store or a new career rabbit hole) could be implemented the same way. In the Sims 3, if you bought an expansion that added new content like that, you had to either:
    A.) Create a new family in the new world, or
    B.) Edit your Neighborhood to include those items, or
    C.) Move to the new world, leaving behind all your friends and progress.

Now, they can simply add those features as a new world on the map! Just click to go visit the horse races in Apaloosa Plains, or hop on over to the junk yard for scrap in Twinbrook! You don't have to move, or edit your neighborhood, or even start over with a new family!

Each new expansion could add a new town that contained that world's new content. SO EASY!

I LOVE IT!
    Post edited by Maclimes on

Oh, then I hope it will be okay, and no one else will make the mistake of oversharing! :) oh, I've never played TS1, just 2, 3, Sims Urban (or, whatever it was called) on Nintendo, Sims Social, Sims Freeplay. But I really just prefer the Sims for pc! And, I can't wait for TS4 *swoon*
    I miss sims social. Not a big facebook fan but I did like that game. I do like facebook messenger because stickers tho :o
    Yeah you can't beat sims on pc. I wish they would do the cartoon look for the sim mobile games because they look so scary.
    Maclimes wrote: »
    On topic, World Adventures was hands-down my favorite expansion of TS3.<br />
    <br />
    On that note, that's one of my favorite concepts about the way TS4 does loading/travelling. You've got the two icons in the top left of the map, to switch between Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Imagine if there was another one for Al Simhara! And another for Sims University!<br />
    <br />
    No need for complex, byzantine processes for visiting other worlds! Just click the button and go!<br />
    <br />
    And expansion packs that add new in-world content (such as a Pet Store or a new career rabbit hole) could be implemented the same way. In the Sims 3, if you bought an expansion that added new content like that, you had to either: A) Create a new family in the new world, or B) Edit your Neighborhood to include those items, or C) Move to the new world, leaving behind all your friends and progress.<br />
    <br />
    Now, they can simply add those features as a new world on the map! Just click to go visit the horse races in Apaloosa Plains, or hop on over to the junk yard for scrap in Twinbrook! You don't have to move, or edit your neighborhood, or even start over with a new family! <br />
    <br />
    Each new expansion could add a new town that contained that world's new content. SO EASY!<br />
    <br />
    I LOVE IT!

I totally agree! With the new super fast loading screens it means traveling a lot easier. I don't think the game will slow down either. Sims 2 had a ton of stuff and it was pretty fast. Love the Jurassic park shirt
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    Thanks! I'm remaking the shirt soon to use Simlish instead of English. ;)

Also, it occurs to me that some expansions would, by necessity, need to be "bigger" than others, based on the type of content delivered.

For example, if Ambitions were released for Sims 4, you'd only need one additional "world" to add the physical content (like junk yards and hair salons). Most of the new stuff would be more about mechanics and functionality: new jobs, careers, skills, and activities.

Whereas releasing World Adventures for Sims 4 would necessitate 3 new worlds: Al Simhara, Shang Simla, and Champs les Sims (although there would be less "new" actions and options when at home).
    Maclimes wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm remaking the shirt soon to use Simlish instead of English. ;)<br />
    <br />
    Also, it occurs to me that some expansions would, by necessity, need to be "bigger" than others, based on the type of content delivered.<br />
    <br />
    For example, if Ambitions were released for Sims 4, you'd only need one additional "world" to add the physical content (like junk yards and hair salons). Most of the new stuff would be more about mechanics and functionality: new jobs, careers, skills, and activities.<br />
    <br />
    Whereas releasing World Adventures for Sims 4 would necessitate 3 new worlds: Al Simhara, Shang Simla, and Champs les Sims (although there would be less "new" actions and options when at home).

Be sure to upload it to the gallery. I'm sure lots of people would download it. Including myself. That was a main problem for me in sims 3. If you had an expansion say like late night and you lived in sunset valley. You couldn't do half of the things that the expansion had to offer.