Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deer lord, bunny slippers, what are you doing?

Ok, I thought I colored these properly in photoshop... and yet... *insert grimacing face here*

In the game they look like this dxPaQZr.png

But in photoshop they look like this 0UHp84I.png

I don't see anywhere past the "ear mark" on the face of the rabbit that should be colored in to avoid turning skin-tone, that looks really weird, and there are weird gaps in the orange in places on em and the green from the bottom comes up on the sides weirdly... yuck

I was going to do matching slippers for the pajamas I did but... neeeevermind. O_O
HSon1Mq.png

Comments

• Options
    xox_sugarlips_xoxxox_sugarlips_xox Posts: 98 Member
    edited August 2014
    The uv's don't match that texture... oh boi that looks icky XD I don't understand how they're able to match with the default textures if the uv's are doing that... how odd.
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I'm pretty confused about the whole thing. haha
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    @SimFeetUnder It looks like your textures are just off. Try following the original pattern. If you're using Photoshop, deleting the white out of the alpha and using that as a guide can help, too.

See how your gold recolor doesn't align with the original blue? That's the part that's showing up flesh colored on your Sim.

280mrvd.jpg

Some of the patterns have what can seem to be strange outlines because of the way the texture folds over the 3-D shape. It's a bit like Origami. :)

Also, instead of drawing in the new color, you may just want to fiddle with hue/saturation brightness/contrast or channel mixer sliders to preserve the textures and shadows if you're doing a straight recolor.

b7mc28.jpg
  • Options
    Ah! The bit of triangle-ish in the original didn't show up on mine! That's weird...
    And the green that went up the side I thought was oddly shaped part under the face, sides of the slipper's sole, but now that I look at the original compared to what I colored I notice that I'm bananas and that the strip above the soles is the part that I was aiming for...
    I'm using layers and fiddling with opacity and layer types (darken/multiply, etc) so that the original bits so through a bit. I don't think I could get the three colors I'm aiming for (rainbow sherbet) to work by fiddling with the original's sliders in photoshop.

Thanks for your reply, maybe I'll give it a try again.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    Also, anyone know why my background for the dds files appear as blazing green? I swear they had been gray and then one day they started showing up this way.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    xox_sugarlips_xoxxox_sugarlips_xox Posts: 98 Member
    Also, anyone know why my background for the dds files appear as blazing green? I swear they had been gray and then one day they started showing up this way.

YES ME YES! HI! ME!
    I don't know why... though it doesn't seem to affect much.
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Options

YES ME YES! HI! ME!

I don't think it affects how anything works, just isn't pleasant for my eyes really. hehe
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member

YES ME YES! HI! ME!

I don't think it affects how anything works, just isn't pleasant for my eyes really. hehe

Mine was only green when using the CASCloner but when I used CM it was black. Not sure if that's related.
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    Mine was only green when using the CASCloner but when I used CM it was black. Not sure if that's related.

Same. I suspect it's the different programs just using a different default color for that section of the palette.
  • Options
    I've only used CM. hmm. Maybe something changed in CM at some point and it altered the background color.
    weird.

Back to the bunnies, I just tried another CM/s4pe export of white bunny slippers and they have the little triangle of space above the eyes that my original in here didn't. Not sure why the first one was different but now I totally see why there was skin color wrapped up onto the slipper on my first try.
    HSon1Mq.png