Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Controls?

I asked in the General Forums, but didn't get a response. Maybe this would be a better place to ask.

Do we have any controls for The Sims 4 CAS?

Are we getting any in the game?

I remember for The Sims 2 BodyShop we had a bunch of hotkeys:

THE SIMS @ BODYSHOP
Hot Keys:
There are several hot keys in The Sims 2 Body Shop that help you preview your Sims. Many of these can be used in combination to get a precise view of your Sim.

F3 -- Toggles between “free camera” and “set camera” modes. In free camera, you can use the following mouse controls to rotate the camera in all dimensions:

* Click and drag the Left Mouse Button -- Orbits the camera around the Sim’s head.

* Click and drag the Right Mouse Button -- Controls the camera zoom. Move the mouse away from you to zoom out. Move the mouse toward you to zoom in.

* Click and drag Left and Right mouse buttons together -- Changes the center point the camera is looking at.

F5 -- Toggles the 3D room off and on. If there is a bitmap graphic named “userBkg.bmp” in the “\EA Games\The Sims 2\” folder in My Documents, the image will be displayed as a backdrop.

F6 -- Displays the Sim in the “bind pose,” with arms held straight out. This is helpful for viewing parts of the Sim that may be hidden by the normal pose. To return the Sim to the normal pose, click on any Sim thumbnail or content thumbnail.

F7 -- While in “set camera” mode, displays the Sim at the far zoom position.

F8 -- While in “set camera” mode, displays the Sim at the near zoom position.

F9 -- Toggles the UI off and on.

< and > -- Rotates the Sim. (Also shown on the keyboard as the comma “,” and period “.” keys.)

Display Options:
Pressing ALT+ENTER will toggle The Sims 2 Body Shop between windowed mode (default) and full-screen.

It would also be nice to have a "stand still" or "no fidget" hotkey.

Comments

• Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    No answer generally means nobody knows :)

I guess it's something a modder could look at though, if it's not in the release version.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    @SriKandi, the forums are fast moving, some of the custom content makers and modders don't spend loads of time browsing the general discussion, and no one would necessarily know if any modders had started or were thinking about working on something like this except for they themselves. So, I thought I'd take a chance and repost. The gurus seem to pay more attention to this forum too, so there's a small possibility it might catch one of their eyes.

I think there might have been mention at some point that there was a cheat that the Sims team used to stop movement/fidgeting although it probably wouldn't ship with the game.
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    The "no fidget" thing isn't nearly as bad. They squirm around when zoomed out, but if you zoom in tight on the face they go rigid.
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    There will be a "Stand Still In CaS" mod shortly after the game release, if they do not have any hotkey or cheat for this in the final game.
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    @Shimrod101, excellent news. It's tough to get a good full-Sim screenshot when they're moving around.