Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Color Magic 0.2.1 released

2...Next

Comments

• granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    I was curious. So I used the new CASCloner tool that made a new thumbnail of the CC. Pretty awesome. But it doesn't support multiple swatches so if you want to make recolors of CC, it has to either be under the original Maxis item or different thumbnails. Is there a way that CM will be able to implement multiple swatches on Thumbnails? I prefer it for the flag features.

There is an identifier in the CASP resource that sets the outfit ID. By changing this, your recolor will appear as a new thumbnail. However, because of the way it links multiple colors under the thumbnail isn't handled by that, you end up with all of the recolors under both thumbnails.

Eventually, we should be able to dive deep enough into the interrelated resources to break one outfit completely from another.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    granthes wrote: »
    I was curious. So I used the new CASCloner tool that made a new thumbnail of the CC. Pretty awesome. But it doesn't support multiple swatches so if you want to make recolors of CC, it has to either be under the original Maxis item or different thumbnails. Is there a way that CM will be able to implement multiple swatches on Thumbnails? I prefer it for the flag features.

There is an identifier in the CASP resource that sets the outfit ID. By changing this, your recolor will appear as a new thumbnail. However, because of the way it links multiple colors under the thumbnail isn't handled by that, you end up with all of the recolors under both thumbnails.

Eventually, we should be able to dive deep enough into the interrelated resources to break one outfit completely from another.

I'm looking forward to your genius updates! I'm not much of a coder at all, so it's really awesome to see these things broken down for the plain artists out here. We really appreciate it.