Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Water Lots - Yes, or an idea sunken?

If you ever played the Sims 2 on consoles, you might remember the lots built right next to water, or even on water (Or maybe I'm just crazy and dreaming things). With water looking so great in S4, and the general look of it, I think it'd be great to incorporate them somehow down the line.

I dunno, I mean, I don't mean houseboats, but if I remember correctly there were lots on like, a dock or something (I think there was a paid world in S3 that had something like it as well).

So, your opinions? Personally I'd love to see them return. Hopefully I haven't gone crazy and started of dreaming about an alternate past.

Comments

• Simbostic41Simbostic41 Posts: 17 New Member
    Yeah, that would be so awesome if they did bring that back. I wish that they could just incorporate all the worlds from S3 into S4 smoothly, but, I'm sure that's a far fetched fantasy! Anywho, water lots were the best in S2 & 3 (Island Paradiso)! I just couldn't get enough of em'. Alternate past or not, I'd love to see them return as well!
  • Solace_SandwichSolace_Sandwich Posts: 35 Member
    I'm going to go ahead and bump this to try and get some more discussion going on here.
  • SmallvilleN7SmallvilleN7 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think that would be pretty cool. Even if the house isn't directly over the water I'm sure there's a way to build it to make the house have that same effect.
  • CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    I, somehow, somewhere, got a glimpse of a nice house with a quite big pond next to the ground floor and a bigger first floor that covers all the area above that pond, too. It seemed pretty nice and gave the impression of a pool. It was very nice, but sadly I don't seem to remember in which blog I saw it. If I find it, I will return to post a picture. All in all, I like very much the idea of water-y lots, or water-themed houses. I also loved TS3 Island Paradiso with all its houseboats.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Water themed lots are great! Lots that were on docks in sims 3 were great. It may perhaps return in a later expansion pack.
  • SteamZaarinSteamZaarin Posts: 37 Member
    Yes, Lucky Palms from Sims 3 had these as well. Even though I usually played on Lucky Palms I never used those lots, though. Too small for a single-story family home (I like having everything on one floor). Still it would be nice to have, maybe in the EP that inevitably adds swimming.
  • BarbaricSpaceWhaleBarbaricSpaceWhale Posts: 55 Member
    Since there are lots in The Sims 4 on water in teaser videos, I'm guessing they'll be in the base game in Sims 4. I don't know if it'll just be a building you visit, or if you can build yourself one as a home, but it's likely in the game. If it's not actually going to be, they'll have to add it soon!
  • Solace_SandwichSolace_Sandwich Posts: 35 Member
    Since there are lots in The Sims 4 on water in teaser videos, I'm guessing they'll be in the base game in Sims 4. I don't know if it'll just be a building you visit, or if you can build yourself one as a home, but it's likely in the game. If it's not actually going to be, they'll have to add it soon!

After looking at some of the Riviera concept art stuff, it looks like we might get something similar to water lots, but really it'd be nice to have a real coastal like town or even a dirty metropolitan area with docks that you can build onto. I might add that to my Future EP and ST Discussion thread.

Also, I'm a member now! Hurray!