Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Crashing Question

WoofWoof Posts: 19 New Member
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a problem, and I'm just curious if it's something others are seeing. When exporting the clothing item I'd like to recolor, mostly when I'm attempting a Non Default, the package file will crash CAS whether I edit the texture or not. If I open the CAS right after creating the package file with Color Magic, select the new item, crash. Sometimes, the same item will work. It's very random.

Is this normal for now?

Thanks,

Woof

Comments

• Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just to clarify, you're getting the crash in the demo when hovering over the CC item's swatch, right? Not when you export in S4PE?

The swatch hover crash is an issue with recolors created with CM with certain item IDs. We don't know exactly what causes it, but the fix is to change the instance number. The process is described here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771325/color-magic-bugfix/p1

Grant's ongoing research on the topic is here... you can help by posting the IDs of crashy items: http://forums.sims4.the-prof.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5

Hey, maybe @SimGuruModSquad would know something that would help with this ;)
  • Options
    WoofWoof Posts: 19 New Member
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's the hover over crash issue. I had found that fix, but was pretty unsuccessful getting that to work. I did however find that post which showed names that worked vs names that didn't, so an easy solution was to add one or two more under scores to get things happy.
  • Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Interesting. Can someone please post a mod with a broken ID? I'll debug it and see what's up.
  • Options
    granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    Interesting. Can someone please post a mod with a broken ID? I'll debug it and see what's up.

@SimGuruModSquad:

Download the package files from here or if that doesn't work, it is attached to this message on my forums.

The zip file contains two different packages. The first package is:
    granthes_ymTop_JacketHoodieDenimVest_3colorswatch.package and crashes when you hover over the color swatch.

The second package is:
    granthes_ymTop_JacketHoodieDenimVest_3colorswatch___.package and DOES NOT crash.

The only different between the two files is the Instance number of the CASP resources which are the FNV64 of the filenames (without the .package). More accurately, Color Magic takes the name stored in the CASP resource, calculates the FNV64 for the instance and then uses the name + ".package" as the file name.

I did not change the CASP internal name in the second file, just the instance itself.

I hope this gives you some insight into what is going wrong. :)

--Grant
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things