Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 selling well

Comments

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    gayars wrote: »
    Unfortunately, they learn the wrong way. They don't learn to make a better product, they just learn how to fool people into buying the shoddy product instead.

It was meant completely tongue in cheek. I wasn't being serious or snarky in the least--I was actually saying just what you did. Just to be clear.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Bokimbol wrote: »
    Also, a small percentage of people that buy the Sims actually come to these boards.
    So you're saying most people here will not buy the game? o.O

No, I am saying that many people will not be dissuaded from buying the game by the negativism that abounds here because they never see it. I think most of the people here will buy the game. Even many of the negative Nancy's will by the game. I also think that a lot of people here would like to talk others out of buying the game because they are mad at the missing features. Then, turn around and buy it themselves. To some extent that has worked here. But the majority of the people that buy the game probably never come here and have no idea about all the negativism.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, they learn the wrong way. They don't learn to make a better product, they just learn how to fool people into buying the shoddy product instead.

You have earned 29 experience points from expressing so much rage!

You have earned enough experience to level up!

You are now level 12.

You have gained +1 typing speed.
    You have gained +3 defense against trolls.
    You have gained +2 logic.

What happens when you get flagged do you get demoted a level :(
    And after last night I need more than +3 against trolls xD
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

You are now level 12.

You dare to have questioned the DM!

You have lost 151 experience points.

You are now level 2.

You have lost 32 typing speed.
    You have lost 6 defense against troll.
    You have lost 8 logic.
    You have lost the ability to play Sims 4 on release date; you must wait a week before playing.
    You now owe the DM a coke.

Don't make me put you into negative levels...
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

You are now level 12.

You are now level 2.

You have lost 8 logic.
    You have lost the ability to play Sims 4 on release date; you must wait a week before playing.

But I didn't have 6 defense against trolls to begin with!!! And wouldn't you rather a diet coke...

You are now level 12.

You are now level 2.

You have lost 8 logic.

But I didn't have 6 defense against trolls to begin with!!! And wouldn't you rather a diet coke...

No, my girlish figure needs some boying up.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2014

You are now level 12.

You are now level 2.

You have lost 8 logic.

I owe the DM a free dinner for keeping my from wasting my money before the review embargo is up. What would you like? I have chicken and crow. I'll be eating one or the other after release, be glad to share what I don't eat with you.

wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg

You are now level 12.

You are now level 2.

You have lost 8 logic.

I owe the DM a free dinner for keeping my from wasting my money before the review embargo is up. What would you like? I have chicken and crow. I'll be eating one or the other after release, be glad to share what I don't eat with you.

Don't fill up on too much crow now.
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    where do you get this info? it hasn't officially sold at all if the game hasnt come out yet lol. anyways, im not surprised theyre #39 in the US
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    where do you get this info? it hasn't officially sold at all if the game hasnt come out yet lol. anyways, im not surprised theyre #39 in the US

Amazon shows the "best sellers rank" for all products. It changes quite often. At this moment, TS4 is at #45 in the US "games" section.

• JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Bokimbol wrote: »
    But the majority of the people that buy the game probably never come here and have no idea about all the negativism.

You're making the assumption they won't be equally--if not more--angered at buying TS4 and *then* finding features they naturally assumed from its predecessors would be in are out. Or discovering that it is as buggy--if not worse--than its predecessors.

We're "negative Nancies", as you put it, for plum good reasons - and that sort of word will spread like wildfire too once people have found out TS4 is a defective, rushed, unfinished product for themselves.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Actually not everyone is bothered by features that have been removed, some people prefer to have something different instead of the same old stuff over and over again. If i'm feeling creative i'll play sims 3, if i want a generational game i'll play sims 2, if i'm feeling nostalgic i'll play sims 1. I already have those features available to me so i would actually prefer something different for sims 4. I can play the other games in the series whenever i like so don't need to pay for the same old features churned out repeatedly over and over again.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I wouldn't say there are a lot of Haters, there are a lot of unsatisfied/unhappy Simmers. Some unsatisfied/unhappy Simmers will buy the game straight off because we all know that The Sims is more than a hobby.

I don't think it's right to put the trolls, the haters, and the unsatisfied people together. I'm very glad some people are reporting what's not quiet perfect with the game. If I only want to know the features I'd read EA's ads.

If it's great, that's Awesome, but let's not sugar coat it. :D

• Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    The sims has quite a following. Most people probably have zero idea what is or isn't in the game, they just saw "the sims 4" and ordered it. It'll be interesting to see how well DLC and expansions sell because if people buy it and aren't happy they probably aren't going to stick around to buy any add ons. Like, a have a friend who really enjoys ts3 but really doesn't go looking for info on any new stuff coming out and never visits forums or anything. She definitely would have bought ts4 without knowing anything about it just because it was "the sims" had I not told her about all the missing features. As soon as I told her closed world an no CAST she was pretty annoyed and decided she wasn't buying.
    i have pre ordered the sims 4 but i guarantee you i am not going to buy more than about 2 or 3 expansion packs. i am definitely not buying any expansion that adds pools or toddlers. only expansions ill buy are really good ones, maybe university too. im not sure if ill get pets, ive never really used pets much in previous sim games. btw, @Rflong7 this is a comment coming from an unsatisfied/unhappy simmer who only bought TS4 cause well the sims only comes out about every 5 years and its something special.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    lady8jane wrote: »
    cooli02000 wrote: »
    On the flip side, if you go to Best Buy, and look at the top selling PC games, The Sims 4 doesn't make it into the top 10. The Sims 3 Island Paradise and The Sims 3 Supernatural both DO however.

And soon TS4 generations type ep will be on that top 10 list because were going to definitely need it. EA is quite cunning...

It would be better if they included pools and toddlers in a free patch though.
    Nothing is free with EA. :rage:

Ahm ... we got a lot of stuff for Sims 3 in free patches. Here just a few examples:
    - being able to define "girl/boyfriend" relationship directly in CAS
    - tattoos in CAS
    - body hair
    - dating feature & romantic reputation
    - half walls
    - muscle and breast adjustments in CAS
    - diving boards
    - blueprint mode

They also added more cheats during some of the patches, like "Delete Object" which wasn't in the game from the beginning.
    I was replying to pools and toddlers and I don't think the list you have is comparable. It's just mostly labels and CAS addons. However I have no doubt EA will release similar necessary patches for Sims 4.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    On the flip side, if you go to Best Buy, and look at the top selling PC games, The Sims 4 doesn't make it into the top 10. The Sims 3 Island Paradise and The Sims 3 Supernatural both DO however.

And soon TS4 generations type ep will be on that top 10 list because were going to definitely need it. EA is quite cunning...

Ahm ... we got a lot of stuff for Sims 3 in free patches. Here just a few examples:
    - tattoos in CAS
    - body hair
    - half walls
    - diving boards
    - blueprint mode

They also added more cheats during some of the patches, like "Delete Object" which wasn't in the game from the beginning.
    I was replying to pools and toddlers and I don't think the list you have is comparable. It's just mostly labels and CAS addons. However I have no doubt EA will release similar necessary patches for Sims 4.
    dont forget, ea also added an entire new neighborhood in a patch after TS3 was released. I remember i hated the fact that there was only one neighborhood in the base game, but on the sim store there was riverview for free.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014

Amazon shows the "best sellers rank" for all products. It changes quite often. At this moment, TS4 is at #45 in the US "games" section.
    Well, it was at 41 a moment ago when I looked. Apparently the list changes hourly so I'm not sure how that tells us anything worth knowing.

ETA: typo
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper

- tattoos in CAS
    - body hair
    - half walls
    - diving boards
    - blueprint mode

dont forget, ea also added an entire new neighborhood in a patch after TS3 was released. I remember i hated the fact that there was only one neighborhood in the base game, but on the sim store there was riverview for free.
    Oh right. I wonder if they will have that too for Sims 4. With Sims 3 they wanted you to register so they gave that as incentive. I think with Sims 4 you are required to register ...so yeah....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    I actually predicted it'd be the lowest first day sales out of all Sims releases due to all the ongoing complaints from fans. ;) heh. I'm glad to know it's selling well though.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
    i think its actually better if the sims 4 sells the least out of all sims games. it could possibly give EA a wake up call and then maybe the sims 5 wont be so 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    Sims 4 is already shattering sales records in Antarctica.
    What? I'm not really good with geography but I'm sure the population is quite minimal. o.O
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    So? Everyone knows the only people in Antarctica are just replicants of the Thing.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
    What? I'm not really good with geography but I'm sure the population is quite minimal. o.O

Sims 4 is also breaking sales records in Abbot, Maine; 5% of the population own the game.

That's 3 whole people!