Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• PhoebeH84PlayerPhoebeH84Player Posts: 31 Member
    @xJDLKx It's hard to say...but I think I'm going to start with the second one (Patriarchy) since I tend to always create female sims in the CAS to start challenges...
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @PhoebeH84Player - Is more fun than I thought it would be. I usually play a large family. Having only two sims to concentrate on gives me more opportunity to focus on the Sims themselves instead of going insane micromanaging everyone. lol I have also started a dual challenge with a few rules tweaked. A 50 Foal and a 100 baby in the same family/save. Both she and her horse just got pregnant for the first time. This should be crazy fun. lol

@xJDLKx - I had a lot of fun with my Storm family. A few things I did was to name the children fun names. The first name would be normal like Abigail. Then they would have a middle name like Snow. Then their last name, Storm. Abgail Snow Storm. Then there was Abel Thunder Storm and fun names like that which made it interesting. And the 2nd generation heir to be (I was playing a patriarchy) caught a fish. I put it in a bowl and named it Finna. (I think) I made sure everyone fed it and that fish lasted all the way down the generations. It was really cool. XD

• PhoebeH84PlayerPhoebeH84Player Posts: 31 Member
    Cool! I think I' ll read both your stories...I already started (and bookmarked) the going solo challenge...it's really interesting...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    So that's what a Legacy is! It sounds like an interesting challenge. Bookmarked for when I need one :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @PhoebeH84Player - Thanks! I'm alternating my playing between the two saves. Solo challenge and the 50F/100B.C. challenge(s).

By 50Foals/100Baby challenge game is progressing nicely. I'm not sharing the story anywhere but I'd just like to say, She has twin boys now and the mare has had her first foal, a filly I named Sunshine. Her husband (yes a tweak in the 100b.c. rules) has been very helpful with the horses and kids. :)
  • CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    Those succession laws are so creative, and they can give us so many ideas and opportunities to find new ways of playing a legacy challenge. I think my picks for my first legacy will be a Matriarchy (although I'm not sure I won't make it a strict matriarchy) - First Born - Traditional. That First Born law would mix very well for me with Equality, too, but I will probably try that later! :D
    @Catsza - I completely agree. The succession laws bring up ways of playing my legacies I had never considered before. It's rather exciting and makes this challenge seem almost brand new again. I'm thinking on incorporating these laws into my TS3 legacies too. :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i can't wait. since i'm downloading it might be a few days hopefully just hours before get to try again.
  • CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    @Rawla that's so true!! Especially with the surprises the game might have in store for you, it could provide an extra challenge to find an eligible heir! Also, with the options that keep in mind potential homosexual couples and their right to adopt, more intriguing and special stories could be created! Really, there are so many choices. We can literally go wherever our imagination takes us :D
    @Catsza - Oh I know. It's so very exciting!
    @Friendsfan367 - Have fun!
    weren't you a house just a few days ago?
    @friendsfan367 - Yes. I had Muskateers Manor up as my avatar. I'll probably change it again too until I find something that clicks.
    looks good . just not use to seeing you with legs.
  • VirtualHamstaVirtualHamsta Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's almost torture listening to all of you, who get the game three days earlier than us in the UK. But then I remember that mac users have to wait till next year to start their legacies and begin playing this, and that cheers me up.
    It's almost torture listening to all of you, who get the game three days earlier than us in the UK. But then I remember that mac users have to wait till next year to start their legacies and begin playing this, and that cheers me up.

we may get the game sooner but since its only tuesday people have work school and other things during the week . friday is better because then you get a whole weekend to enjoy it .

• VirtualHamstaVirtualHamsta Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2014
    Fair enough... and I guess that this'll give me enough time to learn more about the quality of the game and how to play it beforehand? I'm not sure why I'm complaining, I'm just going to spend all my time till then playing CAS, watching Sims 4 videos and reading legacies. Thanks, @friendsfan367 . Though, I still don't like it, because I'm inpatient, English and sims hungry.
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    edited August 2014
    @PhoebeH84Player I'm the same I always create female Sims in CAS first whenever I start a new family, I've done it again this time round aha but her son will be the heir :D@Rawla awesome , I lovee their names!! :o wow! my fish always die , I'm rubbish at feeding them though I get caught up levelling up their skills for promotions and focusing on their careers that I forget everything else aha but might try it in Sims 4 if there are fishbowls :D 50F/100B.c sounds hard, I can only handle a few Sims at a time , the most i've had in a household i've had is 4 :D the picture of your foal is soo cute! Reminds me of Epona from Zelda Orcarina Of Time aha She is always my first horse if I play Sims 3 pets.
    Do you know if they are bringing back a way to determine what gender your baby will be like in Sims 3 with the apple and watermelon?

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
    edited August 2014
    @xJDLKx - Thanks! I had fun creating their names and playing with them. I was surprised the fish lived that long. lol As for a way to determine baby gender in the TS4 game, I have no clue. I think it might be a wait and see.
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    @Rawla That's ok :D I'm thinking about renaming my founder Summer Rayne :D see how many heirs names I can get to match the surname, yeah hope there is a way otherwise I'll end up with a big family aha, but then again it'll be something new for me to try :D

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
    @xJDLKx - Ooooh I like that name. Have fun! :)
  • windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    I always create female sims, and after a while it gets boring because I never change my play style. I'm excited for these new rules, it'll make things interesting.

I'm going to do: Strict Equality, Living Will or Merit, and Strict Traditional.

• Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    I'm REALLY looking forward to doing a Legacy Challenge. The one time I got serious about it in TS3, my game file got corrupted and I got too P.O'd to do another one.

I'm going to do Equality, Living Will, Traditional

One week to go! So excited!!
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
    I'm REALLY looking forward to doing a Legacy Challenge. The one time I got serious about it in TS3, my game file got corrupted and I got too P.O'd to do another one.

thats what happened with me.
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member

thats what happened with me.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - if TS4 doesn't crash every hour, I'll be a happy customer!
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
    i had a really good game going too. six kids including teen twins. the boy twin stole the his sisters love intrest. also a boy. then the only one who got married was their dad when hiis wife died.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top