Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we change our ID yet?

I have been wanting to change I user ID for the longest time. Are we able to do that yet?

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Doesn't look like it but maybe a game advisor can help you.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SkulltecSkulltec Posts: 474 Member
    On the Forum or?
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    On the forums we are still unable to. Thats why I have created a new account. I couldnt stand how it says my name like that lol
  • gabythesimslovergabythesimslover Posts: 146 Member
    I can't wait to change it, I changed my ID on origin hoping it'd change here also, but no...
  • FrankenCookiehFrankenCookieh Posts: 52 Member
    I don't think we will ever be able to, I contacted EA support the other day and they said it's not possible to change due to it being linked with Origin or something like that.
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    Lets see - change your forum id. Well an act of congress - oh congress can't get anything done so don't count on that. You could enter the witness protection program but people who go there are never heard from again. So...
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    I can't wait to change it, I changed my ID on origin hoping it'd change here also, but no...
    me as well.....I want to change my name to match my Origin ID but I am thinking it's not going to happen

• brendalou38brendalou38 Posts: 25 New Member
    I think something is not quite right with my id, I would so love to change it. If you can change with the Sims you can change Origin id to match.
  • CAWW1111CAWW1111 Posts: 13 New Member
    It really doesn't make any sense to me that if I log in with my origin account shouldn't my name be the same? If I create a new Sims 3 account with my email will It change it on here or am I just stuck with this ridiculous name?
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    If you create second account you "create" second person in EA system. This "second person" will be have second id . But you should have second email for this.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I didn't like that mine is my real name, I created this account a long time ago and didn't know it would be the same name on the forum... It doesn't look bad though, I used upper and lower cases so it would look clean and cool :)
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    I want to change mines too. It feels like a stupid name but maybe I'm just being silly? Seems like they transferred my name from the 3 website.
  • stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Yeah, I want to change mine too. I originally came up with this terrible username when I was 13, and I kept using it for everything until I was 16. Five years later, and I'm still stuck with it. Lol
  • AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    I really want to change mine too. Came up with my current user name when I was still ice skating and the axel was my fav jump. Now I am so over skating and it seems I'm forever stuck with it :( Never knew that the user name would be used for anything really, didn't know the forums existed at the time, and now it seems I'm forever stuck with what my 14 year old mine came up with.
  • ZanarridaZanarrida Posts: 112 Member
    Darn & Bummer! :| I was hoping that we've can change it but It seem that there be no changing ID yet.
  • bold0727bold0727 Posts: 34 Member
    Ugh! Same problem. Game advisors couldn't help me... They said it was impossible. Well then make it possible! This is a basic feature...
  • SForresterSForrester Posts: 160 Member
    testing if my id has changed
    tumblr_ljevkx1LHB1qfgm55_zpseb50a181.gif
  • SForresterSForrester Posts: 160 Member
    didnt work
    tumblr_ljevkx1LHB1qfgm55_zpseb50a181.gif
  • shadowpixie69shadowpixie69 Posts: 5 New Member
    They seriously need to give us the ability to change user ID names. I hate being stuck with this one.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    They seriously need to give us the ability to change user ID names. I hate being stuck with this one.

Hello @shadowpixie69
    You can post on SimGuruDrake or SimStaffBethelle 's walls requesting a change in your forum user name. They are very helpful. They may be on holidays at the moment, but will see your post on their wall when they return.
  • SawyerSlayyysSawyerSlayyys Posts: 2 New Member
    Having the same problem with my game specific ID. I'm a trans man and seeing 'gi' everywhere is very triggering. Changed my origin ID so I guess there's that but I'm so desperate to change the name that comes up on my gallery
  • SawyerSlayyysSawyerSlayyys Posts: 2 New Member
    I meant 'girl'
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top