Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Question

So this may seem like a dumb question but if I download a SIM from the Gallery with CC is the CC added to my game files automatically for my use later on a different SIM?
For the Liz Tarry Sim just search the CAS Gallery for #College #Remix

Comments

• granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    The Gallery strips out any CC when you upload. The thumbnail might show the CC on the sim, but it will NOT download to your computer.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • 374Coop374Coop Posts: 38 Member
    Cool thanks for the clear answer. Be really nice if it worked that way tho. :P
    For the Liz Tarry Sim just search the CAS Gallery for #College #Remix
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    They did that for a good reason, in sims 3 people were uploading sims with cc (on purpose and sometimes not) which didn't give people a choice and also cause issues in some people's games. Now, if we could choose to have it d/l with the cc or not that would be cool.
    I've been writing in my descriptions for sims that the cc item will not be included and that it can be found on my tumblr, but I haven't seen anyone else do that so far.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • xox_sugarlips_xoxxox_sugarlips_xox Posts: 98 Member
    I'd suggest that people link of mention the CC they're using in the description when they upload. I can see how that could be kinda annoying though, if you were to have a lot of CC or you can't remember all the places they came from.
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    I would like to see an additional text field with uploads where you could actually provide links to all the CC seen in the thumbnail. Maybe there'll be something like that at release :) They must have seen how much CC has already been produced!
    I think that if you upload a sim you could probably look in your mods folder and go "ok, yeah, I used the pikachu pajamas from simfeetunder, right!" I dunno. I suppose it depends on how descriptive people are in their naming. Since Color Magic has us put our username in there maybe we could at least say "cc is not included but can be found from simfeetunder.tumblr.com" or something. Yeahhhh I'm using myself as an example. hehe
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    @simfeetunder -- But when more CC is available, people will be using CC from all over... not just their own stuff. A sim can have a dozen CC items (hair, eyes, skin, makup, clothes, accessories), all from different creators. And IMO it's ideal to give credit to the creators in the Gallery, and not have to visit another site to find out where the content came from.... otherwise people will be using popular creators' CC to drive traffic to their own site :p

Not a disaster, but not the ideal way to to it in my view :)
    Oh, no, a place to put links would be great, if they give us that it'd be nice. Than again in gallery it only ever shows the main outfit so no one will see any cc other than that anyway.
    And I understand people'd be using other people's, my example was if someone used something of mine. I have a few people's in my folder right now, have been trying to keep up with making sure the names match up.
    When I was downloading for sims3 and 2 I was obsessive with organization, I had a folder in my bookmarks with all the pages that the content was from, etc... but I know most people aren't as bananas as me. haha
    But yeah, a place to stick links would be cool and I guess it'd be cool if we could tell the game if we want to download it or not. It probably strips it upon upload though?
    HSon1Mq.png
  • shenice93shenice93 Posts: 150 Member
    I don't think it strips CC upon upload because if you happen to have that CC in your game, then it will appear on the sim when you download them. I think it probably does that while it's downloading.
    Visit my tumblr for all my custom content creations: the-stories-sims-tell.tumblr.com
  • xox_sugarlips_xoxxox_sugarlips_xox Posts: 98 Member
    Maybe... maybe it should have a visual flag for un-owned cc. and then give a yes or no dialog box to download it with the household. So maybe that way it's a happy medium. You don't have to have it if you don't want it but if you did it's a lot easier to get
    VzmSMfi.png
    shenice93 wrote: »
    I don't think it strips CC upon upload because if you happen to have that CC in your game, then it will appear on the sim when you download them. I think it probably does that while it's downloading.

That's odd, I created a custom item for a friend who uploaded a sim with it, I downloaded the sim and she shows up in my library just wearing a bra. Maybe I should try it again, for science.
    HSon1Mq.png