Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is World Adventures going to have rabbit holes?

I hope not, but I'm not sure. If it does have rabbit holes, I don't know if I will buy this expansion.

Comments

• julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited September 2009
    There will probably be rabbit holes for little shops and eating places like in the base game. I don't think the pyramids and special kiosks and stuff will be though.
  • JethJeth Posts: 71 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm hoping for non-rabbit hole hotels. Building hotels in TS1 and TS2 was one of my favorite features of the games.
  • GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Jeth wrote:
    I'm hoping for non-rabbit hole hotels. Building hotels in TS1 and TS2 was one of my favorite features of the games.

I know :( I hope that too
  • ConnorJackConnorJack Posts: 836 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Jeth wrote:
    World Adventures isn't about vacationing, and their are no hotels
  • firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited September 2009
    They better not be all rabbitholes!
  • Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2009
    I am sure there will be a few rabbit holes. Just look at the base game and use that as an example.
  • MikecoolMikecool Posts: 64 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I know im sound dumb but whats a rabbit hole? :?:
  • Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2009
    Mikecool wrote:
    I know im sound dumb but whats a rabbit hole? :?:

A rabbit Hole is the grocery store, bookstore and places you go to work in. You cannot actually see inside the buildings.
  • MikecoolMikecool Posts: 64 New Member
    edited September 2009
    o thanks for answer
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited September 2009
    For £40 you'd think not but I suspect they'll 'open' the rabbit holes in a seperate, equally expensive expansion pack (probably towards the end of TS3's life) so the probability of rabbit holes being in this one is exceptionally high.

Do not trust everything you see - EA fooled us in the past with posing photos. Remember the fiasco with the runway on the H&M stuff pack and more recently the sims on the front page that we cannot create in game and the 'customize everything' claim. Does everything suddenly not include stairs, gates and fences? :D
  • GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Darkslayer wrote:
    For £40 you'd think not but I suspect they'll 'open' the rabbit holes in a seperate, equally expensive expansion pack (probably towards the end of TS3's life) so the probability of rabbit holes being in this one is exceptionally high.

Do not trust everything you see - EA fooled us in the past with posing photos. Remember the fiasco with the runway on the H&M stuff pack and more recently the sims on the front page that we cannot create in game and the 'customize everything' claim. Does everything suddenly not include stairs, gates and fences? :D

Well I suppose rather than discarding everything EA says, you need to make sure you don't take it word for word or assume you'll get things they don't mention. I mean, in the box art for World Adventures there also features a Dragon Kite, and a new kissing action for a bench-- neither could be in the EP, but they just used it on the Box Art to show off those locations.

Same with "customize Everything", if you could REALLY customize everything then you would be a designer xD you have limits for customization, but they still try to let you customize a lot.
  • midnightmonkey28midnightmonkey28 Posts: 594 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i agree with you GreatWallStr :thumbup: :wink:
  • Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I bet the stores and restaurants will be rabbit holes. Unless if your sims can't work at those places.
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited September 2009
    I hope hotels arent rabbit holes because I was looking forward to being able to build my own
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
    edited September 2009
    maria_loves_alex wrote
    I hope hotels arent rabbit holes because I was looking forward to being able to build my own

there won't BE any hotels in world adventures you only have an option to go to a base camp and you have to have a high enough visa level before you can own a vacation home you raise your visa level by doing quests and you cannot stay for more than two days unless you raise your visa level lol :shock:
  • rubeelixrubeelix Posts: 124 New Member
    edited September 2009
    You may be unlocked in the coming expansion (eg running jobs) or Open for Business?
  • SuziCQSuziCQ Posts: 32 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Darkslayer wrote:

I suspect you're right. They'll probably do an OFB type expansion and make us pay to get into those rabbit holes. And let's not forget the promised neighborhood editor that we were supposed to get soon after the game's release. It's no longer "soon."
  • AngelDovePlayerAngelDovePlayer Posts: 308 Member
    edited September 2009
    i really could careless about the rabbitholes. I would like to be able to look into the buildings like resturant and such. Hey i enjoy the game anyway. I look at the positive points rather then the nagtive points.

I think there will always be rabbitholes in the game no matter what ep is made.
  • OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited September 2009
    SuziCQ wrote:
    I suspect you're right. They'll probably do an OFB type expansion and make us pay to get into those rabbit holes. And let's not forget the promised neighborhood editor that we were supposed to get soon after the game's release. It's no longer "soon."

That depends on your definition of soon. Usually we mean it as we'll get to it soon but how about as soon as possible? I mean think about it in the US they have been promising that they will be bringing home the soldiers as soon as possible. We're now in 2009 my brother has done 4 tours and I have a childhood friend who has done three 2 month tours. Soon is to general. Soon after release could just be 2 years from now. I hope not but you see where I am going with this. They could have something but it's not, I hate to use this term but I can't think of anything else; dumbed done enough for the most average person to use.

I hope we get it. Not like I really use the whole build your neighborhood tool anyway but alot of people want it and my husband loves building houses so it'll come in handy for him to create a whole custom house built neighborhood. I know he's loving the basement tool that were going to get cause it will make it easier for him to do lol. Me I personally want a bodyshop. Not that I'm good at creating content but I want them to make a bodyshop like that of the APB cas like thing that you can customize everything from height to tattoos to length of hair to real body shape. lol.

Back on topic. I think there are going to be rabbitholes but not as much as the base game. I hope they do open up the restaurant cause I mean what is France without being able to dine and shop for that matter? I know shopping probably won;t be included but dang it lets be able to see and interact in a restaurant. Now if we still can't interact I don't see the point. I can watch my sims choke on his or her food at home.
  • eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited September 2009
    No rabbit holes please...
    edited September 2009
    open up the rabbit holes please EA :(
  • fratelligirlfratelligirl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I understand why everyone is against those rabbit holes, but I guess they just had to make some buildings rabbit holes. Unlike in TS2, you can go from your own home to the whole neighbourhood to the beach to a friend's house etc, without any loading screens! So if they had to open these rabbit-holes (and most of them are public places so that means more action going on, which means there's more for your computer to process), I guess they had to add loading screens or make the system requirements for the pc higher. And I think we all hate loading screens... :wink:
    edited September 2009
    fratelligirl wrote
    I understand why everyone is against those rabbit holes, but I guess they just had to make some buildings rabbit holes. Unlike in TS2, you can go from your own home to the whole neighbourhood to the beach to a friend's house etc, without any loading screens! So if they had to open these rabbit-holes (and most of them are public places so that means more action going on, which means there's more for your computer to process), I guess they had to add loading screens or make the system requirements for the pc higher. And I think we all hate loading screens... :wink:

opening up the rabbit holes will not make the need for loading screens EA made rabbit holes so they diden't have to pay developers to make the inside of the buildings or the interactions inside the buildings the would do what they did for visiting neighbors houses and non rabbit hole buildings they would make it so that as soon as you are on a lot you can see inside a buildings EA would do this if they wanted to but they diden't want to pay the developers this thought saddens me :(
  • AndrewSullivanAndrewSullivan Posts: 78 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Well if you look at the first picture of France you can see two of the SAME gerneric rabbit holes from the base neighborhood! Ea if your just have to recycle one of your bad ideas at least recolor it so we can have some variety.
    Rabbit holes + Sims 3 = :evil:angry simmers :evil:
    edited September 2009
    AndrewSullivan wrote
    Well if you look at the first picture of France you can see two of the SAME gerneric rabbit holes from the base neighborhood! Ea if your just have to recycle one of your bad ideas at least recolor it so we can have some variety.
    Rabbit holes + Sims 3 = :evil:angry simmers :evil:

i agree AndrewSullivan