Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else not bothered about CASt and colour wheel?

Comments

• Options
    Kerem93Kerem93 Posts: 149 Member
    Not bothered at all really. Glad they are gone as they made the game lag like hell!
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

-Theodore Roosevelt

• Options
    winterclaritywinterclarity Posts: 183 Member
    Never cared for it. I used it because it was there but I doesn't have any sentimental value to me.
  • Options
    SablerainSablerain Posts: 177 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > Sablerain wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There is nothing bright about needing a pink top to match a pink bottom and both a different pink shade or worse, not at all.

It's true, like I said before on this thread, I do wish we could have a color wheel so we could match shades.
    kawaii_wallpaper_by_cupcake_bakery6.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    I loved being able to customize everything, change patterns on furniture, clothing, etc. I feel we've gone a step backward without it. I love to build. If I was doing something I didn't really want to do because...well, why? If you didn't like using CASt, why use it?

As far as I know there's no way to play the game with out CASt being there every single time you want to recolor. It all ways lags the game up and it renders all those possible textures in every part of the world....Is there a way to disable it that I'm missing? Be cause if someone knows how to strip it out of TS3 that game might be more playable for me.

Well, let's discuss this. Since TS4 doesn't have to render the entire world and every Sim and every little nook and cranny anymore, then how would a CASt slow down performance in a game like that? True CASt was't cached properly..that's on EA not the concept. True, the game had to load every pattern, every color etc. for the entire world and the entire Sims, even those not being played by you. But in TS4 the game doesn't render other lots or other Sims only your current lot and the surrounding area they have deemed to be rendered. Sounds like a good time to add a CASt to me. But we know Graham said if it doesn't make it into the core, it will be impossible later. Like most things that are complicated like that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    CassAngel wrote: »
    Ok i'm guessing i'm in a minority but honestly i'm kinda glad there's no CASt anymore. It took me forever to build a house and make sims because of it. I do miss picking eye and hair colours though. But there was just too much choice and i felt i had to make it perfect. What do you guys think?

No, because of your obsession with it and not being able to use it sparingly, others should not have it? that's on you and not other players or should it ever be a reason to hope something is omitted from a game. That's like saying you hope there aren't any cheats available because you can't control yourself not to use them all the time. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    I loved being able to customize everything, change patterns on furniture, clothing, etc. I feel we've gone a step backward without it. I love to build. If I was doing something I didn't really want to do because...well, why? If you didn't like using CASt, why use it?

As far as I know there's no way to play the game with out CASt being there every single time you want to recolor. It all ways lags the game up and it renders all those possible textures in every part of the world....Is there a way to disable it that I'm missing? Be cause if someone knows how to strip it out of TS3 that game might be more playable for me.

Well, let's discuss this. Since TS4 doesn't have to render the entire world and every Sim and every little nook and cranny anymore, then how would a CASt slow down performance in a game like that? True CASt was't cached properly..that's on EA not the concept. True, the game had to load every pattern, every color etc. for the entire world and the entire Sims, even those not being played by you. But in TS4 the game doesn't render other lots or other Sims only your current lot and the surrounding area they have deemed to be rendered. Sounds like a good time to add a CASt to me. But we know Graham said if it doesn't make it into the core, it will be impossible later. Like most things that are complicated like that.

It still renders a large area so it has the potential to lag up. Mine lagged up in CAS only! There's some serious problems going on in that. If they can't make it to where it doesn't sacrifice gameplay then I'd rather not have it. It's best if someone made an EXTERNAL CASt separate of the game and that way it will only have to load in the actual game the you know....Stuff that person actually put in to it. That's more than good for those who use it so the one's who don't want to actually really have their option of playing a more playable game without the drawbacks.

Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    Enchara wrote: »
    I don't mind that the CASt is is gone, I never really used it anyway. But like many others in here, I do also miss the color wheel. Perfectionist as I am, it's difficult to pick hairs and clothes to sims when none of the colors match.

Do anyone know if it's confirmed that the color wheel is not coming to TS4?

Yes, it's confirmed. One of the gurus will be posting a custom content forum to help and share modding here. Not by them, but to help support the community into making their own.

• Options
    CassAngelCassAngel Posts: 307 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    CassAngel wrote: »
    Ok i'm guessing i'm in a minority but honestly i'm kinda glad there's no CASt anymore. It took me forever to build a house and make sims because of it. I do miss picking eye and hair colours though. But there was just too much choice and i felt i had to make it perfect. What do you guys think?

No, because of your obsession with it and not being able to use it sparingly, others should not have it? that's on you and not other players or should it ever be a reason to hope something is omitted from a game. That's like saying you hope there aren't any cheats available because you can't control yourself not to use them all the time. ;)

Like i said before, i'm glad it's gone for me. Doesn't mean i'm glad it's gone for everyone else.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited August 2014
    Definitely on my list of "do not like".

CASt and the color wheel are the big things that are not in TS4 from previous iterations that I will definitely miss.

Despite confirmation that it won't be in the game "officially", there's always the possibility that they will change their mind and add it later. Keep in mind that EA and Maxis are the same folks that said offline mode was "not possible" for Sim City, and then added it to the game in a patch a few months later.

I personally doubt we will see CASt or a color wheel, but it is possible. It all depends on how much the customers ask for it as compared to how much work it will be to implement.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    xsophiex9999xsophiex9999 Posts: 167 Member
    I'm disappointed that it has gone, but I'm not overly bothered.
    vht3wy.jpg
  • Options
    HamobeanHamobean Posts: 44 New Member
    just need some good cc
  • Options
    ScoutbooScoutboo Posts: 36 Member
    I have not given it much thought. But I do use it a lot in the Sims 3 so I just might end up missing it!
    il_340x270602816077_htix_zps9f32ba32.jpg
  • Options
    ScoutbooScoutboo Posts: 36 Member
    > @UtaDagda said:
    > Glad CASt textures//patterns is gone but do want a basic color wheel or much wider selection of color choice at least.

Your Siggy is great. Made me Laugh!
    il_340x270602816077_htix_zps9f32ba32.jpg
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I am bothered a bit to lose it. But if it has to be as lagtastic as it was in 3, I don't ever want to see it again.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    salivacocktailsalivacocktail Posts: 552 Member
    @Stormkeep - this is off-topic but I wanted to tell you that your sig is hilarious! I edit my posts often, too; mostly because I get obsessive compulsive about mistakes that I make!
    The shinbone is a device made for finding furniture in a dark room.
    My Website: salivacocktail.weebly.com
    My Pinterest: pinterest.com/salivacocktail

• Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    I'm not bothered about CAST but i would like them to add a colour wheel
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    It bothers me greatly, but I understand the reasoning behind removing it. I dislike how slow my TS3 game has become enough to give TS4's way of customizing a fair shot. The Demo was actually pretty fun, and the options for customization were varied enough that I can work with what they have provided.

The real test will be in September! I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I definitely will miss it horribly! I used it all the time for everything!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
    As the OP said, the Create a Style did mean it took me forever to create a house - it got to the point that I stopped making houses by the time World Adventures had even rolled around.

But I used Create a Style a lot in CAS mode - sometimes things will pair nicely together, but they're just a couple of shades off from really complimenting, so it was nice to be able to make those small adjustments.

I think a color wheel or something could be released eventually, though I will miss it in the meantime!
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    @CassAngel

The reason that you're slow in building houses and creating sims has nothing to do with the inclusion of CASt. You're probably just slow, or indecisive, or lacking creativity, or a perfectionist. Whatever the reason, your lack of self-control to use CASt is not a good reason to remove a tool that many players can't play without.
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    no CASt doesn't bother me, but a color wheel would really be nice
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    A lot of people are more than bothered. But it looks like a mod created workaround, at least out of game, is in the works.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    OceanBlue10OceanBlue10 Posts: 361 Member
    I'm not really fused tbh.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Definitely on my list of "do not like".

CASt and the color wheel are the big things that are not in TS4 from previous iterations that I will definitely miss.

Despite confirmation that it won't be in the game "officially", there's always the possibility that they will change their mind and add it later. Keep in mind that EA and Maxis are the same folks that said offline mode was "not possible" for Sim City, and then added it to the game in a patch a few months later.

I personally doubt we will see CASt or a color wheel, but it is possible. It all depends on how much the customers ask for it as compared to how much work it will be to implement.

Yes, they did add offline play, long after a modder hacked it to play it offline. I agree, I don't think will see CASt from EA, not unless sales are horrendous AND they get the idea that CASt might be a solution. Not holding my breath.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Picking exactly what I want is much better than sampling through swatches trying to make things match.
    How can having exactly what you want be considered a bad thing?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds