Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sept 2 Forums

I wonder what the chatter will be like on that day.
I know I will be busy playing.(hopefully)

If you get the game, are you going to make a point of it and stop by the forums and give an update or continue playing till ya can't play no more? :)

Comments

• ChelleBaldyChelleBaldy Posts: 262 Member
    I'll update ... I have an 8 month old so I can't play all day. I have to lay with her at nap time. We co sleep. I'm hoping I get to play a lot off and on though.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I don't know yet. Most people know I'm loving this game, so my input won't matter. I'll probably just play.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'll update ... I have an 8 month old so I can't play all day. I have to lay with her at nap time. We co sleep. I'm hoping I get to play a lot off and on though.

You can co-play :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'm going to be playing, I'll probably only duck my head in here to see what kind of mad-house it is if and when I need a break from playing.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    I will be stopping in and sharing :) I plan on making a picture thread like I have in the past for TS3 EPs.
  • NeyosGurl1NeyosGurl1 Posts: 257 Member
    I'm going to be at work for most of the day so I'm not going to have time to play. But I will be checking the forums to see what people think of the game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I hope it's quite. Very Quite. That means everyone is actually playing and finding about the game. I think when I get new games, if I have time to post and not play then I might not like it so much. I remember getting TS2 and never even thought about forums at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'll make sure to open my own thread about how I think the game is going! Even though there will be about 100 other threads doing the same thing... I'll just put 'official' in my title and watch everyone flock over to my thread >:)
  • netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    I'll likely be stopping in to give a review. Will likely write up an in-depth one for my website (or one of my websites anyway), as well as an abridged one for the forums.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    It's going to be busy for sure. Everyone do your duty and report in that morning.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2014
    oh ive cleared my schedule! but i have already committed to fielding any tech issues, my hope is that the installation goes smoothly for most so i dont have to spend too much time at least the first day so i can play!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @ceejay402, I have a tech issue you might be able to help me with.

Every day I open Origin and try to install the game, but it won't let me!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    asterravos wrote: »
    I will be stopping in and sharing :) I plan on making a picture thread like I have in the past for TS3 EPs.

heyyyy i remember those - you had really nice graphics

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'll likely be stopping in to give a review. Will likely write up an in-depth one for my website (or one of my websites anyway), as well as an abridged one for the forums.

Well, If you do I hope you make an entire family and play them and tell us how those loading screens work and how it is to handle the adults, a YA, a teen, a child, a baby, the adults and grandma and grandpa, with all those loading screens we were discussing in another thread. I would really like to know how all that actually works. And if it is extremely hectic to do those daily deeds on the job and handle all those family members and loading screens. But that might be a lot to ask. ;)

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited August 2014
    lilhunny wrote: »
    asterravos wrote: »

heyyyy i remember those - you had really nice graphics

:P My laptop is two years old now but the demo did automatically set me at the highest settings. Hopefully TS4 looks nice.
    It will be weird not answering 100's of mods and CC questions!
  • lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    I'm going to be playing that day! lol I'm more of a lurker than a poster on the forums anyway (hence my STILL new member status. :p) so if/when I do take a break and head to the forum, I'll prolly just look and see what everyone else is posting. lol
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    On sept 2nd i'll be trying to avoid the forums :P cause i don't get the game till the 5th, but i know my curiosity will get the better of me! :P
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @ceejay402, I have a tech issue you might be able to help me with.

Every day I open Origin and try to install the game, but it won't let me!

ha! if you mean sims 4 youll have to wait like the rest of us!! :)

• netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Well, If you do I hope you make an entire family and play them and tell us how those loading screens work and how it is to handle the adults, a YA, a teen, a child, a baby, the adults and grandma and grandpa, with all those loading screens we were discussing in another thread. I would really like to know how all that actually works. And if it is extremely hectic to do those daily deeds on the job and handle all those family members and loading screens. But that might be a lot to ask. ;)

Oh, don't worry, I will. :) I have deliberately kept myself as much "on the fence" as possible prior to release. Admittedly, I have probably been a little more critical than supportive, but have always said that I would give it a fair chance before rendering final judgement. When I have been critical, I have been clear why I was critical.

One of the main reasons I have not jumped on the bandwagon praising The Sims 4 yet, is that I jumped on the Sims City reboot train. My thought was, "Come on. Of course it won't be that bad. The company is there to make a profit, it would be stupid of them to make something as bad as all that." I was wrong. Well, I was wrong when I said it wouldn't be that bad, but I was 100% correct when I said it was a stupid thing to do.

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    It will depend for me on how moved i am by the features i see but i will definitely be playing all day if luck is with me....10 days to go and there is a storm possible tropical storm shifting its track slowly towards Florida......Im wondering if this is an omen..
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited August 2014

I watched the video where the mother was going to work and the player had the child sim selected and there was no loading screen. The mom walked out the front door and disappeared and the child started playing the violin.

ETA link of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xgYiMlQ1PQ
  • lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    I'll play most of day ;but I probably will check the forums while I'm cooking (Or waiting for the delivery guy).

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

I watched the video where the mother was going to work and the player had the child sim selected and there was no loading screen. The mom walked out the front door and disappeared and the child started playing the violin.

That's not what we're talking about though. Let's say you have the same two sims, the mother and the child. Let's say you send the child to a neighbor's house to play and mom stays home. When you switch back and forth between the two, you will have a loading screen each time. Now add in a father, a second child, and grandparents. Unless they are all in the same place, switching between them can become more loading screen than playing.
  • ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    I'm going to have pictures too. I probably won't have my OWN thread but I'll have pictures in a thread somewhere. Unless people want all of us to have our own threads then I'll have my own thread!
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

That's not what we're talking about though. Let's say you have the same two sims, the mother and the child. Let's say you send the child to a neighbor's house to play and mom stays home. When you switch back and forth between the two, you will have a loading screen each time. Now add in a father, a second child, and grandparents. Unless they are all in the same place, switching between them can become more loading screen than playing.

Thanks for explaining that.