Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick question about makeup

Oy, I feel like such a dweeb for asking this, but I can't seem to figure this one out.

I want to make black eyeliner. I got the face to go underneath so I know exactly where it is positioned, but now I have the dilemma... my eyeliner is black. The background is black. How do I separate these so that the game knows what part is eyeliner and what part is transparency? =/ Something to do with the alpha channel, I suppose... I'd definitely appreciate an answer.
Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    It's most likely a lot like creating a custom tattoo, here's a tutorial
    HSon1Mq.png
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    BLESS YOU SO MUCH. This is exactly what I needed! <3 I thought I remembered something vaguely familiar from making TS3 stuff, but it wasn't coming to me. :s Thank you! =D
    xyIcMqt.png
    If it works for you that's awesome! I used it earlier for a custom tattoo but something weird is happening to it, so I've given up for a little while.
    HSon1Mq.png
    It worked perfectly for me. =] Eyeliner is now working fine.

I might be able to help you =o What's the problem with it?
    xyIcMqt.png
    edited August 2014
    It looks like I brightened it or something odd, but it should look like this. I've tried it three times and the same thing happens every time. :/
    Post edited by simfeetunder on
    HSon1Mq.png
    @simfeetunder: Hmm... This thread looks like they had a similar problem. Maybe you can figure it out from there? =]
    xyIcMqt.png
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    @simfeetunder: Hmm... This thread looks like they had a similar problem. Maybe you can figure it out from there? =]

That was for sims 3 and they were using an accessory mesh or something, and it talks about a multiplier and stuff, not sure what that means or if it'd be relevant for my issue? :/ Thanks for looking though :)
    HSon1Mq.png
    Aye, but I know the ways of making the Sims 4 CC in photoshop is very similar. ^^;

I looked around but couldn't find anything similar. =/ Sorry! Hope you figure it out.
    xyIcMqt.png