The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foods, Recipes, Ingredients AND YOU!

Hello again guys I am here with yet another thread that let's you voice your opinion!... Because why not.. This time I wanted to talk about the Foods from previous sims game's (1,2 and 3) as well as what you guys would hope and love to see in the sims 4! Personally I've alway felt that the foods that our sims eat and make seem to be a little lacking when it came to variety. Not saying that their was anything wrong with the quantity of the food, though I do think they should make a special EP specifically for foods and recipes. I just found the range of different foods was.. poor.

And there was the sims 3! witch gave us ingredients and recipes to make our favorite foods! That I thought was really cool and I hope they continue that in the sims 4 and even expand on. Boy I hope we get a real grocery store in the sims 4! The ability to collect our own ingredients and even grow some of our own ingredients in our sims gardens is just too cool! Personally I hope we get more exotic foods like Chinese foods, Japanese foods and even more foods for the BBQ pit! I would really like to see some ribs and chicken for once for the BBQ pit other then typical hot dogs and hamburgers *yawn* But that's just what I think :p anywho share you're thoughts about your favorite foods from previous sims game's (1,2 and 3) as well as what you would hope to see in the sims 4!

Comments

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Lobster Thermidor ;)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    I loved in Sims 3, the tv channel taught you recipes! Heard it does this time too. Can't wait.
  • _Tavoris08__Tavoris08_ Posts: 187 Member
    Hot wings! Must Get... HOT WING'S
  • Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    @_Tavoris08_ they seem to have t-bone steaks in the game. It was in a trailer with Obama.
  • Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    Sushi. Always sushi.
    2dlpsog.png

• HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    Some sort of curry.
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I always thought ice cream cones would be fun.
    meggiewes wrote: »
    I always thought ice cream cones would be fun.

We need more ice cream! That's probably the one thing that was missing the most.
    My sims 3 sims have an ice cream addiction. It had to be put away! LOL! Along with the fryer.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    More recipes for the bbq sounds great. I love bbq vegetables.
    I really want the kids to have more choices, like being able to heat burgers or chicken nuggets in the microwave.
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    More recipes for the bbq sounds great. I love bbq vegetables.
    I really want the kids to have more choices, like being able to heat burgers or chicken nuggets in the microwave.

Yes more recipes for BBQ pits I've always wanted to throw a BBQ party!
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hot wings! Must Get... HOT WING'S

Even better: Nandos!
    One thing I really wish to have in Sims ;)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    It would be fun if some leftovers turned into "mystery meat" instead of spoiling... and you could dare another sim to eat it.
  • lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    > @mlnov39 said:
    > More recipes for the bbq sounds great. I love bbq vegetables.
    > I really want the kids to have more choices, like being able to heat burgers or chicken nuggets in the microwave.
    I think kids should also be able to make stuff like cereal, toast, pb&j, stuff like that! those kinda things anyone can make!
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I liked in The Sims 2 you could download CC foods.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

The recipe idea worked better in Makin Magic and the console games, than it did in The Sims 3.

The Sims 2 and Sims 2 Pets has HEAPS of recipes and they were all so different.

• Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    Uhmmm. I think more desserts. Cherry pie, yum! Uh, Ice cream is a MUST. Personally, I'm the biggest food lover out there so more BBQ OPTIONS PLEASE! Oh and, Chicken wings... Basically an EP. And, I would love like different themed foods like a mexican range of foods and British maybe? Then again, that means that there would be a LOT of food. Perhaps make the food unlockable. Maybe even if we had an EP like WA, when they visit different countries they can learn their recipes and use them back home.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I hope the Gourmet recipes include Duck á l'Orange and Prawn cocktail, because what is the point of adding dinner parties, if they don't add them?

I hope the regular cooking skill has a lot more humble recipes.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Am I the only one when I start craving foods and want to eat everything I just make my sims eat everything?? Plus Its okay if they gain the extra pounds. :)
    edited August 2014
    Rayeee18 wrote: »
    Uhmmm. I think more desserts. Cherry pie, yum! Uh, Ice cream is a MUST. Personally, I'm the biggest food lover out there so more BBQ OPTIONS PLEASE! Oh and, Chicken wings... Basically an EP. And, I would love like different themed foods like a mexican range of foods and British maybe? Then again, that means that there would be a LOT of food. Perhaps make the food unlockable. Maybe even if we had an EP like WA, when they visit different countries they can learn their recipes and use them back home.

Omg stop reading my mind! Thisssss! :D
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Am I the only one when I start craving foods and want to eat everything I just make my sims eat everything?? Plus Its okay if they gain the extra pounds. :)

Yep. Goopy carbonara (whatever that was, but it looked yummy) and Key lime pie comes to mind.
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    You know, I never have my sims make desserts, not sure why. I guess I don't want them to be eating them as a replacement for dinner/lunch/breakfast.

Maybe they could implement a feature so that when you tell your sim to cook, you get the option to cook a dessert to go along with it so it's all prepared and served at the same time, and if you give your sim dessert along with their meal, they'll get a positive moodlet. If you eat too much dessert too often though, it could make your sim really fat.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh I forgot the Recipes in The Sims 2 (console) had different effects on the Sims. They need to re:do this now they have EMOTIONS:
    To get pink hearts: One Suggestion is Lobster, Tuna & Passionfruit
    To get energy boost effect: Select ingredients with high energy content
    For repulsive/nauseous meal: Use fish especially eel and squid

Pink hearts mean that when you interact with someone, you will be in love
    mode. Therefore, romantic socials will be enabled for you to use.

Black hearts mean that when you interact with someone, you will be in
    enemy mode. You are most likely to offend that person and reduce the
    relationship points.

Rain drops mean that the food will heavily deplete your bladder. Rush to the
    toilet!

Green stuff coming from the food means you have just created a repulsive
    meal which can have a nauseous effect like instant vomitting.

Stars mean your Sims get +3 skill points in all skills until it wears off.
    It's an easy way to get a fast promotion as in get the stars before leaving
    in the carpool.

Love

# Lobster, Tuna & Passionfruit
    # Strawberries, Cherries, Bananas, Milk
    # Lobster, Star Fruit, Passion Fruit
    # Ostrich, Strawberries, Oat Flour
    # Passion fruit, Lime, Carrot (Sweet Vegertabe soup)

Death

# Squid, Red Herring, Beets, Bananas
    # Cook a nauseous meal on a dirty blender or counter

Repulsive

# Eel, Squid, Tuna
    # Lamb, Beets, Bananas

Rain Drops

# Llama, Onion, Egg & Whole Wheat

Stars

# Avocado, Asparagus, White Truffle, Portabella Mushroom
    # Chicken, Broccoli, Oranges & Wheat flour (cheeseless pizza)
    # Beef, Carrot, Eggs & Sourdough (pizza)

Energy Boost

# Halibut, Lemon, Orange & Lime
    # Most seafood items

Black Hearts

# Turkey, Carrot, Corn oil & Soursop.

They need this for The Sims 4! You also had to harvest all the ingredients yourself by catching fish, growing vegetables, backing bread etc.
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I've always loved cooking in the game. I really am excited for the homestyle cooking. I hope this opens up not only more regular foods but baking things too like cookies, cupcakes, cakes and pies. Some of the recipes I look forward to are hopefully pot roast, ribs, fried chicken, lasagna, bbq chicken, a variety of steaks and many others. :D
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy