Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Color Magic - bugfix

Comments

• MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    > @mattyshady said:
    > Ok so here's a question. I'm making this ripped T.. and it doesn't crash the game(default replacement) if I try to make it non-default it crashes. But it does this almost faded tan color for the first part of the rip when the clothing is on the sim.
    >

The non-default crash might be fixed by the second method outlined step by step at the start of this thread.

> if i edit the other file in s4pe (i think it's the spec file) and I touch it at all, the entire sims skin goes black. Check the pics and see if you have any suggestions because lately I have had like ZERO luck with creating CC.
    >

I suspect you are right about the other file causing those black areas as I've seen them myself when adding transparency to formerly non-transparent areas. It's possible the 'specular' map has more than just specular information and/or that the information is encoded into the file in a strange way. I don't think anyone has quite figured it out yet. I'm guessing that whatever you did to the 'specular' map has broken the alpha channel on it which is why you are blacking out the whole model. Could be wrong though, I'll have a poke at a similar problem tonight and see if I can work anything out.
  • austinashley87austinashley87 Posts: 3 New Member
    This fixed my issue with the game crashing when rolling over the swatch, but now I have a new problem! The roll over swatch window displays a different color than my recolored version. Any idea why that is? I've given it several sections to try to populate the new pattern, but it never does. Thank you for everything you do!
    > @austinashley87 said:
    > This fixed my issue with the game crashing when rolling over the swatch, but now I have a new problem! The roll over swatch window displays a different color than my recolored version. Any idea why that is? I've given it several sections to try to populate the new pattern, but it never does. Thank you for everything you do!

If you mean the 'preview' thumbnail image then you need to delete 'localthumbcache.package' in the CAS folder (usually found at: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo).
    @mattyshady

For the specular map, counter intuitively filling the whole texture to white seems to 'clear' the shadowy artefacts on my recolour and restore the alpha. Not really a proper fix but it might work for you for now?
  • austinashley87austinashley87 Posts: 3 New Member
    Wow, that was super easy. Thank you!
  • CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    I give up! I Have LOADS of ideas I want to implement, but I can't get a sodding file to work without crashing. I succeeded in making 2 non-replacement tanks but anything else just crashes the demo. I tried the 2 work arounds and nothing, bugger all. This is SO frustrating! Everyone else seems to be pouring out CC and I can't do anything. I'd like to think it's GIMP related, but I don't think it is. Is there ANYTHING else I can try?
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I give up! I Have LOADS of ideas I want to implement, but I can't get a sodding file to work without crashing. I succeeded in making 2 non-replacement tanks but anything else just crashes the demo. I tried the 2 work arounds and nothing, bugger all. This is SO frustrating! Everyone else seems to be pouring out CC and I can't do anything. I'd like to think it's GIMP related, but I don't think it is. Is there ANYTHING else I can try?

What unique file name are you giving the files at the end of CM? I've found that keeping three underscores is very important.
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    I really really wish EA would step up to the plate on this. They claim they are going to provide us with documentation to prevent problems and this is a prime example of where that would be helpful.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
    edited August 2014

What unique file name are you giving the files at the end of CM? I've found that keeping three underscores is very important.

I usually just delete the last section and add my own name. I'll look into that, I have added more in some cases I think.
    granthes wrote: »
    I really really wish EA would step up to the plate on this. They claim they are going to provide us with documentation to prevent problems and this is a prime example of where that would be helpful.

I wish they would. This is the very first time that I've created CC in any of the Sims games. When I successfully made my first top, I was SO excited because I can finally add/edit anything, I no longer have to depend on other people making something that isn't 100% what I want.
  • MgTMaGGoTMgTMaGGoT Posts: 6 New Member
    > @granthes said:
    > I really really wish EA would step up to the plate on this. They claim they are going to provide us with documentation to prevent problems and this is a prime example of where that would be helpful.

Don't count on any documentation before the release of the game and probably not until the last EP, it's EA we are talking about, they are not too quick with handing out info on anything. :P
    granthes wrote: »
    The game hasn't even launched yet. Things that work in CAS might not even work in the game.
    I usually just delete the last section and add my own name. I'll look into that, I have added more in some cases I think.

If you put your username in the unique id at the beginning of CM, it'll be automatically in the unique id at the end. Handy for making a lot of content, less typing.

If you put your username in the unique id at the beginning of CM, it'll be automatically in the unique id at the end. Handy for making a lot of content, less typing.

Oh, I didn't mean my username, but my own name for the clothing itself. I've already added my username to ColourMagic, so it does that automatically.
  • dltn43dltn43 Posts: 80 Member
    > @Srikandi715 said:
    > I had the same problem as you, simfeetunder S4PE bug, I guess. There's a workaround:
    > * Hit ctrl-F before you double click the CASP line; this brings up an FNV converter.
    > * In the top line, type or paste in the NEW name of the item (what you're renaming to).
    > * Then click the "Calculate" button.
    > * Copy the hex number in the FNV 64 line.
    > * Close the converter.
    > * Double-click the CASP entry.
    > * Now you can paste the FNV result you got into the Instance field.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > By the way, I fixed three skirts that previously caused crashes using this method. No idea what it is about certain indexes that the demo doesn't like, but I haven't had a fix fail yet.
    >
    > Edit: That's a longer version of the same instruction in Grant's edited post above.

It worked this time following these instructions. Thank you both @granthes and @Srikandi715. :D
    [img][/img]8bh13c873lt4tk24g.jpg
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member

Same here! I was able to recolor a few items and now the Demo keeps crashing.
    BTW, I guess it`s not Gimp related, I use Photoshop Elements 8.
    Have a nice day!
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Hopefully everything will get figured out. I think we're all doing pretty good considering the game isn't even out yet. hehe
    HSon1Mq.png
  • John4626John4626 Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2014
    Can anyone explain to me the quick and dirty version of how to import/export the texture DDS files with the new S4PE (0.1d) tool? I have been trying all the different import/export options, but I'm not seeing where DDS files are an option for either of those. Am I just looking in the wrong place?
    Banner_zpsa6d528fe.png
  • MartyP8MartyP8 Posts: 59 Member
    Thank you for all your tricks and fixed programs, i couldn't make anything to work before. Now i can finally start to create :)
  • MartyP8MartyP8 Posts: 59 Member
    MartyP8 wrote: »
    Thank you for all your tricks and fixed programs, i couldn't make anything to work before. Now i can finally start to create :)
    And i used 7zip as mentioned above instead of winwar, and i was able to open the program :)

• Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    hello i followed everything in this but i still get an error
    10602724_760085834051087_73344586_n.jpg?oh=a5d64863cb94fb610f19fc68d268f46d&oe=53F97F37&__gda__=1408851178_77886999a274c6c029435a1afbd0694f
    John4626 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me the quick and dirty version of how to import/export the texture DDS files with the new S4PE (0.1d) tool? I have been trying all the different import/export options, but I'm not seeing where DDS files are an option for either of those. Am I just looking in the wrong place?

The 0.1d version of s4pe didn't get packaged correctly for release. See this link for a working version
    Grant (granthes)
    Margeh75 wrote: »
    hello i followed everything in this but i still get an error

Try the method in the 2nd post. Some people are seeing that error when they try to set the FNV64 via the "name" box. By using ctrl-f to bring up the FNV calculator, you can copy and paste directly without the index out of range error.
    Grant (granthes)
    ok i will try :)
    Sorry to ask but i tried to create a leggings with the wine tights footless, using this method as i kept getting the crash. So after i do what your instructions have said to do, then do i continue as normal importing the new DDS file and save, or do i import my new dds and then do the part you wrote here. Cos i am still getting the crash, i just want to make sure im doing it right
    I had the same problem as you, @simfeetunder :) S4PE bug, I guess. There's a workaround:
    1. Hit ctrl-F before you double click the CASP line; this brings up an FNV converter.
    2. In the top line, type or paste in the NEW name of the item (what you're renaming to).
    3. Then click the "Calculate" button.
    4. Copy the hex number in the FNV 64 line.
    5. Close the converter.
    6. Double-click the CASP entry.
    7. Now you can paste the FNV result you got into the Instance field.
    60502_140817020656Instance.jpg

By the way, I fixed three skirts that previously caused crashes using this method. No idea what it is about certain indexes that the demo doesn't like, but I haven't had a fix fail yet.

Edit: That's a longer version of the same instruction in Grant's edited post above.

This renumber step can happen at any point after you finish with Color Magic. I find it most useful at the very end after everything is updated and after I've tested and found that it causes a crash.
    Grant (granthes)