Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing usernames?

Hey guys,

I just happened to stumble upon the Username category when going into Edit Profile. Do you guys think this means we'll actually be able to change our Sims usernames finally, or is it just there to be there? Sadly you can't click on it (or the email option), at least I wasn't able to.
Streamer | Simmer

Comments

• windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    It may be possible that they'll be working on the profile more. At least that's what I'm hoping.
  • Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    Also hoping to be able to change my username....I made this one when TS2 came out. I was a freshman in high school! Ten years later I really, really hate it lol. Here's to hoping! :D
  • ArielPreizArielPreiz Posts: 473 Member
    Here's hoping too I made this one back in TSO days which was The Sims Online I was part of it years before EA took it down and also part of it when it gotten taken down as well in 2007 so I made this one way back then it be nice to change it.
    Origin ID: EsmeGraham
  • tthessims3tthessims3 Posts: 76 Member
    at least all of your usernames are decent ... -_____- have you seen mine x_x
    [img][/img]89acae44-52a8-4ad6-b22c-4e385de70f9e_zps85d71323.jpg

• munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I need to change my username and my profile picture and everything else. I think the gurus hate me... I need to reinvent myself xD
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    munchie885 wrote: »
    I need to change my username and my profile picture and everything else. I think the gurus hate me... I need to reinvent myself xD

We love you as you are <3

After time getting unattached to my current username, i have now grown attatched to it again... ;)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • MiokomiiMiokomii Posts: 32 Member
    I really hope we will be able to! I named mine after a youtube account that I made when I was like 10 XD
  • Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    I really hope so. I hate mine. I even created another account because I hate it so much.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    I hope not . this would make it much easier for trolls reinvent themselves
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    actually I was going to change mine but now there are people that can easily take my name and abuse it and pretend to be me but not and abuse it, so now I'm sticking with my name, plus everyone knows now that I'm MidnightPearl from TS2, so I love my name, but the new name I chose, it's being used somewhere else for now!
  • AimForTheHeadAimForTheHead Posts: 805 Member
    It would be nice if those who wanted to change their usernames could. I'm quite attached to mine though X) I was happy when I found out you can easily change your origin ID, but sadly this name is already taken :s
  • Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    I wish I could even if I have to wait 2 hours while going through tech support. I hate how mine just gives out so much information lol.
  • OceanBlue10OceanBlue10 Posts: 361 Member
    Personally, i hope they make it impossible, sorry guys and Gals, I'm not saying this to be awkward. Trolls would have a field day.
  • LadyEmelynLadyEmelyn Posts: 47 Member
    I know of other forums that allow users to change their username but only once every six months or so. Perhaps limiting it to 1 change over a substantial amount of time could possibly eliminate any trolls etc.
    siggy1.png
    Origin ID: LadyEmelyn

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Maybe it will be available after the release.
  • Alexxa991Alexxa991 Posts: 64 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

I love your signature :)
    rrrr.jpg
    English is not my first language
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I would like to change my username, certainly.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I will never change mine, I'm a crazy cat lady in real life.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I would like to use my Origin ID as my username.

If they ever let us change our usernames, the old username should be public as well (maybe put a "previously known as" information in the profile), to make trolls unable to hide behind new usernames.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    I really need to change my username, I don't know what made me pick this one.
  • guitarlover1772guitarlover1772 Posts: 5,955 Member
    I can't stand mine either, I only picked it three years ago but I was quite young and stupid :/ I hope this becomes a feature!
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    LadyEmelyn wrote: »
    I know of other forums that allow users to change their username but only once every six months or so. Perhaps limiting it to 1 change over a substantial amount of time could possibly eliminate any trolls etc.

This. I would love to change my name. I think they should allow us once a year.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • olekebollekeolekebolleke Posts: 156 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have had my name since I was 12. I took it from a Dutch nursery rhyme, but stupid me misspelled it. So, I like to change it so it is spelled right or to my origin name.
    edit for spelling
  • garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    It is not about trolls its about them controlling everyone- a troll with a new username will troll anyway- people have human rights to control there personal information!
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    I hate my username....