Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

curious what is the age group?

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited August 2014
    65 been playing since grandson got sims and did not want to play them anymore. He said NAN I think you might like to play this and I then purchased all the eps and sps and then I purchased "sims complete collection" and now I have every game from sims to sims 3. I work with JR high kids (7th grade) and they think it is great that I play games. I play other games, but I like simulation games best. However sims 4 may be too young for me to play.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm old enough to be married 20 years with 2 teenage boys and an 11 year old boy. Been playing since 2005 :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    It took some digging to find it but my first "real life" simulator was Little Computer People on a Commodore

Quote from Wikipedia "Will Wright, designer of The Sims, has mentioned playing Little Computer People, and receiving valuable feedback on The Sims from its designer, Rich Gold."
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • youmnaboufaryoumnaboufar Posts: 127 Member
    i'm a 16 years old Gurl! and i ve been playing Sims since i was 11(i had it in my bitrhday)and now i feal like i'm addicted to!
    But Sometimes just wondering how could old people (Specially mums and dads) do their respnsabilities and find time to play Sims?! :o (for my parents it's impossible) Except if they were super mums and dads maybe... :p
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm in my early thirties. I started with sims 1. My nephew plays it too and he just graduated highschool. My niece who just turned into a teenager plays. My father whom is over fifty plays too. Basically a nice variety of ages and I also am to blame for getting everyone into the game.
  • ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    Just a hint.....Mums and Dads aren't "old people" ;) They're probably in their 30's ;)
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Early 20's here. But the joy of the Sims is that practically any age can play and enjoy it.
    @Elyssandariel
    Yeah,i commit a mistake,but i meant "wise,sage" :)
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    I have been playing since about 2002. My mom got a free disc with her Gateway computer and I’ve been hooked ever since. I have all the discs for Sims 1 & 3 – I did not have a machine that would do Sims 2 – and am hoping Sims 4 will be just as fun. I shall have to wait until the Mac version comes out, though.

I am a lone simmer. I know two people who play or used to play The Sims, but my siblings give me strange looks and say things like, “I don’t know anyone else that plays that.” The Sims is the only game I play, well besides things like Tetris or Pinball.

And I was really bummed when my parents would not allow me to go to that Beatles concert.
  • jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    I am 39, and my mother is 62, and we have been playing since 2001.
  • KylerzmomKylerzmom Posts: 1,074 Member
    I'm 34 and have been playing since Sims 1. #Addicted
    You know nothing.
    1cc950bf-a674-44ca-8d69-a234571ea2f5_zps8d6da33b.jpg
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Let's just say I have a 40 year old child,lol.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nicarra60 wrote: »
    It took some digging to find it but my first "real life" simulator was Little Computer People on a Commodore

Quote from Wikipedia "Will Wright, designer of The Sims, has mentioned playing Little Computer People, and receiving valuable feedback on The Sims from its designer, Rich Gold."

Boy that brings back memories the Commodore 64. Remember how we thought the games were the greatest thing on earth.
    Now look at the games, oh my, they are so amazing. remember pong, I played so much I was ponged out.
    So many, way back the monkey Kong I think, and some space game you shot at. they were all so much fun.
    And now Sims, I am now so addicted to the Sims, it is the only game I play now.
    although I was think about getting Tropico5. I like building, a little afraid to get Simcity 5, I do have Simcity 4, but do not know anyone with SimCity 5 to get any feedback, now that you can play off line.

• rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    I've seen people in their 50's still playing it. I don't care if I'm a weirdo. I love me some sims.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    @Evalen I've heard good things about Tropico5. Not so much about SimCity.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The sim "city" thing never did appeal to me so I never bought it. But the sims themselves? That's another story. and THAT'S the dynamic I play for. Not mass...but individual.
    Playing Sims is Great!
    It doesn't really matter if you are young or old to play it...The important is that we all have the
    Same passion to play it whatever your age was....and this passion is the only thing which bring and unite
    us here...that's what i belive
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'm just a few years shy of 30, and I still play The Sims, and lots of other video games! It's a common myth that gaming is a "kid's hobby." Gaming is for everyone old enough to hold a controller/mouse/joystick/ect. If I had kids, I'd have them gaming as soon as they had enough hand-eye coordination to put the right shaped block in the right shaped hole! B)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Playing Sims is Great!<br />
    It doesn't really matter if you are young or old to play it...The important is that we all have the <br />
    Same passion to play it whatever your age was....and this passion is the only thing which bring and unite <br />
    us here...that's what i belive

Yeah, but you don't see many "I want a Frank Sinatra" celebrity expansion pack threads. LOL. The very fact that Katy Perry did so poorly shows something....I think.

• dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    I'm in my mid 20's and I play the Sims I can't remember when I started playing lol.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    jennemm75 wrote: »
    I am 39, and my mother is 62, and we have been playing since 2001.
    Just check through your posts after a random disagree from you just now. You haven't been posting much from the looks like it. My point is for posting here... you definitely do not act your age do you?
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    @jennemm75 lol you flagged my post because I was yelling at you? Sorry but you have to realize what you said was so absurd that it pretty much was insulting the people against the Family Tree removal.
    @jennemm75 lol you flagged my post because I was yelling at you? Sorry but you have to realize what you said was so absurd that it pretty much was insulting the people against the Family Tree removal.

Sorry Nancy, but I can't seem to unflag you, I can't edit YOUR post. You are just going to have to keep your panties in a bunch.
    @jennemm75 There is an edit button... :| I'm a bit lost of what you are trying to say now...
    Didn't you see all of the incest posts?
    There's only a few posts about that. What's your point? o.O

Sorry Nancy, but I can't seem to unflag you, I can't edit YOUR post. You are just going to have to keep your panties in a bunch.
    Unflagging has nothing to do with editing a post. It has to do with the flagging button lol. Flame baiting are we? I think you should stop while you have the chance to. :o Also sorry for the double post but you double post too much to keep up.
    @jennemm75 There is an edit button... :| I'm a bit lost of what you are trying to say now...
    Didn't you see all of the incest posts?
    There's only a few posts about that. What's your point? o.O

Unflagging has nothing to do with editing a post. It has to do with the flagging button lol. Flame baiting are we? I think you should stop while you have the chance to. :o Also sorry for the double post but you double post too much to keep up.

You have issues. Double posts are unintentional, don't know how to stop it I only click post comment once. I would say read the whole thread but um it is obvious you have some reading issues if you add words to my post.
    THAT SOUNDED NOTHING LIKE A 39 YEAR OLD. And how you held upon this grudge after our first encounter and brought it up in this next thread A WEEK LATER? That is something I would expect out of some much younger.....
    None, none, and none. :D I am just not into the creatures. If there are supernaturals in the game I hope there is a way to turn them off. It was ok to see one or two roaming around, but then the whole town is suddenly Vamps, or witches, it can get annoying. I don't even mind there will not be ghosts.

But I hope you guys get them, but that I can turn them off if I want to.
    Definitely won't be in the base game. Probably will just be in the EP so no need to just turn them off. Just don't buy the EP or other DLC.
    None, none, and none. :D I am just not into the creatures. If there are supernaturals in the game I hope there is a way to turn them off. It was ok to see one or two roaming around, but then the whole town is suddenly Vamps, or witches, it can get annoying. I don't even mind there will not be ghosts.

But I hope you guys get them, but that I can turn them off if I want to.
    Definitely won't be in the base game. Probably will just be in the EP so no need to just turn them off. Just don't buy the EP or other DLC.

You really need to stop commenting on everything I comment on. You are always very rude, and negative to anything I comment on, and I am getting sick of it. I said the last time I was done with you. Are you stalking me or something? Any more and I am going to report you for harassment. I have already spoken to a EA rep about you, and I will tell them you are harassing me if you continue.

Are you going to continuously just disagree with me in the shadows and not post at all lol.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I like coming to this thread and stalking everyone.. seeing how old they are. I can be creepy like that >:)
  • salivacocktailsalivacocktail Posts: 552 Member
    I'm 25 and have been playing on and off since TS1.

Disclaimer: "My level of maturity depends on who I am with."
    The shinbone is a device made for finding furniture in a dark room.
    My Website: salivacocktail.weebly.com
    My Pinterest: pinterest.com/salivacocktail

• Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Let's just say I am old enough to be your grandmother. The sims has no age limit. I have played since the sims 1 and I am still enjoying the game.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    With these forums, better make sure they are over 18 lol.