Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grow Your own flowers in Sims 4

Comments

• rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    Intend to have one sim be a "freelance botanist" as the title goes, so there just has to be a way to sell what you grow!
  • EmPemmEmPemm Posts: 68 Member
    I hadn't seen anything about gardening in Sims 4 so its nice to see that it is included. I always have a garden with Sims 3 so can't wait to see what Sims 4 has to offer, though I agree that being able to hire a gardener would be a really nice feature
  • sassyvivensassyviven Posts: 67 Member
    oh yay we can gow flowers!! ty I didn't know that .
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited August 2014
    The gardening feature - and that it's restricted to pots -- has me hoping there's a full-scale Agriculture EP in the works :) I'd love to see one that has a fully rural world, field planting -- I'd like corn and wheat fields! -- harvesters, dairy cattle and chickens for eggs, and a market you can sell your products at. It could have a Farmer career branch and a Veterinarian career branch, and part-time farmhand jobs for teens.

Have there been any details about the plant genetics? I heard there are some, of some kind.

edited to fix the bit I'm told I was wrong about :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    The gardening feature - and that it's restricted to pots -- has me hoping there's a full-scale Agriculture EP in the works :) I'd love to see one that has a fully rural world, field planting -- I'd like corn and wheat fields! -- harvesters, dairy cattle and chickens for eggs, and a market you can sell your products at. It could have a Farmer career branch and a Veterinarian career branch, and part-time farmhand jobs for teens.

Have there been any details about the plant genetics? I heard there are some, of some kind.

OMG a farming career would be amazingly awesome. Especially if you can have a bit of everything. Corn, cows, chickens, fruit trees, pumpkins....oh I almost hate you now for getting me thinking about how great this would be...but not really hate you just in a kidding around way
  • BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    If you had told me about the gardening changes a few years ago I wouldn't care. Since I've grown up I've become more domestic :P and gardening interests me now like cooking and painting skill always did. I hope they expand on the idea too! And with patches. Not store content or EPs. :/
  • rachcook1991rachcook1991 Posts: 157 Member
    @luthienrising

NO gardening is not restricted to pots i saw in a lets play somewhere that someone had there sims in sims4 plant on the ground

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @luthienrising

NO gardening is not restricted to pots i saw in a lets play somewhere that someone had there sims in sims4 plant on the ground

Oh cool! I read that bit about pots somewhere, but I guess they were wrong :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising vid link to prove gardening is not restricted to potshttps://youtube.com/watch?v=_qo_uJfphkI#t=400
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    @luthienrising

Although I don't really know the details, I've heard we can splice plants together in Sims 4, to make new ones.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Oh my! I love gardening, and buying flower and herb seeds got me all excited :) About the plant dna thing, I'd love that, I wanted it all back in TS2, pollinating your flowers in order to bring out new species, mix of foliage and flowers, would be soooo cool to have a garden full of flowers that nobody else got, then you could give some plants or seeds to others, or maybe it would be possible to sneak into someone's garden to plant a seed? :) I also would like this to happen on free land, and it would be cool if plants could spread a little. Awwwww... where can I see the movie you refer to in this thread?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CaitarinaCaitarina Posts: 175 Member
    gardening seems a lot of fun in sims 4, cant wait to give it a try myself.
    Though i know my sim's first skill will most likely be violin :p
    zy5wme.png
    edited August 2014
    @luthienrising @Simmerville did you mean this? skip to 6:40
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=_qo_uJfphkI#t=400

there is also this one showing planting in pots skip to 5:30
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yp4XcrfFQ#t=327
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    I posted this comment in the other video thread:

"Interesting, there does seem to be a difference between planting in planters and planting in the ground. When the sim planted in the planter the mound stayed there, and then he could select to water or weed the mound. When the sim planted in the ground next to his house without the planter, the mound quickly disappeared and when they moused over the mound before it disappered there didn't seem to be any options to water or weed. I wonder if planting in the ground actually produces a plant, or, if it does, is that plant not something your sim will be able to interact with or tend."

So it may not actually be possible to grow tendable plants in open ground.
    @Aoralys they grow differently, when planting in the ground you will have to wait til it sprouts before you can tend to it
  • lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    I didn't know that we would be able to grow flowers and herbs in addition to fruits and veggies! I'm very excited about this. I'm sure that we will be able to sell out flowers, ect just like you can sell your veggies in the sims 3. So I guess for now people who want a career for growing things will just have to pretend. But I would lovelovelove an Open For Business type expansion! Flower shops and Farmers markets would be fun to make and play with!
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    @rachcook1991
    @Aoralys they grow differently, when planting in the ground you will have to wait til it sprouts before you can tend to it

Ah, good, thanks for the clarification. I was a little concerned when the mound disappeared and wasn't selectable that it was just gone for good. I'm glad that plants can be planted anywhere, offers better options, especially for flowers.
    we will have to wait and see
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited August 2014
    lanna_rawr wrote: »
    I didn't know that we would be able to grow flowers and herbs in addition to fruits and veggies! I'm very excited about this. I'm sure that we will be able to sell out flowers, ect just like you can sell your veggies in the sims 3. So I guess for now people who want a career for growing things will just have to pretend. But I would lovelovelove an Open For Business type expansion! Flower shops and Farmers markets would be fun to make and play with!
    we will have to wait and see

Its already been confirmed that you can grow fruits, vegetables, flowers and herbs in the base game. Watch the video around the five minute mark. About half way though. It shows that you can buy seeds for all four.

Everyeye.it: Preview Video (10 minutes)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/772547/everyeye-it-preview-video-10-minutes/p1
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    It took me forever to make a plant sim. I thought that you'd just turn into one eventually if you talked to plants long enough.
    @Damien519 you obviously didn't read the rest of this thread and understand what its about
  • synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    im so excited for gardening its what i made my selfsims wish bc flowers are my siblings
    buy artpop on itunes
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I wonder why they came up with plantain as a fruit this time?
  • AmmalineAmmaline Posts: 113 Member
    gayars wrote: »

Because plantain chips are delicious!
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    gayars wrote: »

I don't know, maybe they're changing it up a bit. Fried plantains are amazing if you've ever had authentic Cuban food.