Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• PhoebeH84PlayerPhoebeH84Player Posts: 31 Member
    Anytime I get a new The Sims game, the first thing I do is a challenge. I did several attempts with TS2 because on my old PC the game crashed very often, then with The Sims 3 I did a challenge and completed it at my first attempt. And now I can't wait to have the game in my hands and start a legacy. I already have my female founder ready.
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member

Mmmyrs2 wrote: »
    I enjoyed doing the Apocalypse Challenge... I think I'll start a legacy this time around!

I'm glad you liked it! After all the dust clears from the Legacy Challenge, I'm going to focus my attention on making other Sims 4 challenges. An Apocalypse-Like challenge Might be in the works, but some extensive testing is needed to see how something like that might work, and right now my focus is on making the Legacy Challenge the best it can be.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    Waiting for you to update the challenge and its rules.
    My game will only arrive on the 5th of September and I really want to get in straight with doing your amazing legacy challenges. :)
    I'm starting my youtube career and there's nothing better to start with than a legacy challenge and a 100 babies challenge ;)
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    Mmmyrs2 wrote: »
    I enjoyed doing the Apocalypse Challenge... I think I'll start a legacy this time around!

I'm glad you liked it! After all the dust clears from the Legacy Challenge, I'm going to focus my attention on making other Sims 4 challenges. An Apocalypse-Like challenge Might be in the works, but some extensive testing is needed to see how something like that might work, and right now my focus is on making the Legacy Challenge the best it can be.

Ohhh! I would love that! I understand about focusing on one thing at a time. It's always best that way!
  • miromannmiromann Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I did read somewhere that NPC sims age with you, but they do not reproduce, is this true. Wouldn't that make a problem for the whole legacy challenge? I also saw somewhere that you can turn off aging of NPC sims. but that would also be wierd having to date the same girls or boys as my great grand parents...

The legacy challenge seems very interesting and I would love to try it out, but not sure if it will work if these rumors are true. Does anyone know if there is any truth in these rumors?
  • ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    I think i'll have a tough time choosing a mate though. I almost never choose a premade sim.
    Yeah, this is me right here. I'm a romance novelist IRL and trying to develop story for someone else's character, especially when it's a pretty bare boned canvas to begin with, has just never sat right with me. It's in this weird space between making my own character and writing fan fiction that is the writing equivalent of being stuck between standing up and sitting down.

*However* I can understand that it's important because that we you cannot pre-determine that two characters will be likely to match (or match perfectly, which would be boring.) We shall see whether I can actually pull off doing a Legacy this go around. :)
  • LionLion Posts: 42 Member
    Maybe a dumb question but... what is the Legacy challenge? I have seen many posts about it but never known what it is all about. Someone that can explain? :#
  • eevakorheevakorh Posts: 45 Member
    Even tought I've been simmer since 2001, I've never played legacy challenge but I'm tend to do that now starting on Sep 4th :)
    You'll find me as faiyaan in gallery and Origin
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Lion wrote: »
    Maybe a dumb question but... what is the Legacy challenge? I have seen many posts about it but never known what it is all about. Someone that can explain? :#

Its a challenge Pinstar created in The Sims 2 that you start with one sim and the humble beginings on an empty lot and you play for 10 generations, with rules. It's pretty fun. I tried it in TS2, hated not having story progression--before there was even a TS3. I got to generation 7 in TS3 after I started within a week of the rules coming out. I cheated, and broke many many maaaaaany rules...but then again, by gen 7 I was doing it for the story and blog rather than playing.

Should make note, that Pinstar, I have been a fan of yours since TS2! I may not have enjoyed doing a legacy challenge in TS2, I did however make many attempts to do the appocolypse challenge in TS2. Never got very far, it was so hard! I still have the rules printed out in my sims file folder in my filing cabinet. And if I ever get TS3 to work on my PC again, I will be going back to my Legacies. I have a few, some I write, some I don't.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
  • kikistixkikistix Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm currently doing the Legacy challenge on Sims 2, having only previously tried in Sims 3. It's quite difficult, but I'm enjoying it. I'm looking forward to giving it a go in The Sims 4, once I've had a chance to get to know the game. :)
  • CrystalFalkonCrystalFalkon Posts: 5 New Member
    I always start legacies and never finish them--my fault for having the attention span of a gnat! That said, I'm still going to give it a go in Sims 4 :)
  • ChelleBaldyChelleBaldy Posts: 262 Member
    @crystalfalkon me to... Also my game always gets weird after like gen 4 so I start over. I hope to do a full one in the sims 4. Hopefully less bugs.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Seems like so much fun! Thank you pinstar!!
  • indpntsimindpntsim Posts: 132 Member
    I have never played a Legacy challenge but I think I am going to try for TS4.
    Save water...Drink beer!!!

OriginID: nurse167
  • xczasiaxczasia Posts: 53 Member
    I am finishing up my Sims3 legacy and getting ready for the Sims4 version.
  • mudmittens1mudmittens1 Posts: 431 Member
    Can't wait to start a legacy in the Sims4! I may use one of my sims from the demo as the founder, but want to play around a little in game first before I make a final decision on who will be starting things off.
    Origin ID is mudmittens
  • ChryseisChryseis Posts: 77 Member
    It will certainly be interesting to see how the legacy rules will change from TS3 to TS4
    Back to the Future! A brand new Legacy Challenge with a Timey Wimey Twist!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I have yet to play a legacy game in the sims...ever.
    I think I will try one in TS4 since we don't have story progression. I like having control. I am watching imaginingmystic YouTube legacy to see one played out so I can have some food for thought. I will most likely put my own spin on playing a legacy.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    @Pinstar1161 99% of all of my time spent in both Sims 2 and Sims 3 was playing legacies, I don't see any need to stop that trend for Sims 4. I cannot wait for your new challenges. Oh and thank you for taking the time to create a trait picker/generator too! :)
  • KraftySimKraftySim Posts: 277 Member
    Platinum Simmers also have a random trait generator.

Thanks for the link! I am about to go create my Founder now. I never was able to get past my third generation Sim in TS2 or TS3 - hoping this will be keep it fresh!!
  • Apryl2014Apryl2014 Posts: 9 New Member
    Can you fill me in on what a Legacy Challenge is?
  • indpntsimindpntsim Posts: 132 Member
    Lion wrote: »

Its a challenge Pinstar created in The Sims 2 that you start with one sim and the humble beginings on an empty lot and you play for 10 generations, with rules. It's pretty fun. I tried it in TS2, hated not having story progression--before there was even a TS3. I got to generation 7 in TS3 after I started within a week of the rules coming out. I cheated, and broke many many maaaaaany rules...but then again, by gen 7 I was doing it for the story and blog rather than playing.

Should make note, that Pinstar, I have been a fan of yours since TS2! I may not have enjoyed doing a legacy challenge in TS2, I did however make many attempts to do the appocolypse challenge in TS2. Never got very far, it was so hard! I still have the rules printed out in my sims file folder in my filing cabinet. And if I ever get TS3 to work on my PC again, I will be going back to my Legacies. I have a few, some I write, some I don't.

@Apryl2014: this might help
    Save water...Drink beer!!!

OriginID: nurse167
  • heyemzheyemz Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks Pinstar for yet again making a great challenge for us to play. I for one will definitely follow this challenge with my first family and will probably have to make a LP out of it. Can't wait to see how you decide to solve the random traits "problem".
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hmm, it looks like this thread just got pinned to the top. That will probably be useful when the game comes out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top