Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 471 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Is this setting a precedence for trolls to easily gain points to do what they did before? I know the new user restrictions was the direct result of trolls.

@EasyToRead - As long as you check the join date of a member by clicking their name and going to their profile you should, hopefully, avoid promoting a troll. Another way to be certain is checking their previous comments on threads. See if they actually participated or were just posting simple little nothing replies to appear interested. If someone has been here since 2009, and have a lot of posts, very few posts or are obvious lurkers, chances are they're not a troll.

I'd never advise for someone to freely give likes to anyone with very recent join dates. It's sorta mean because they could be innocent newbs here for Sims 4 but better safe than sorry. I'd say to let the newer members work for their points and prove themselves productive members of the community before helping. That's just me though :)
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    > @munchie885 said:<br />
    > emperorq52 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > First off YES for listening to Lana because she is... awesome.... Secondly you just need 11 more points so you're almost there!<br />
    <br />
    Yes, I love her! She was the first celebrity I created when I got the demo! Hopefully I can post a pic of her once I get up to "member" status.

And you're now a member congrats dude! Now post that Lana pic!
  • emperorq52emperorq52 Posts: 98 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    > @munchie885 said:<br />
    > emperorq52 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > First off YES for listening to Lana because she is... awesome.... Secondly you just need 11 more points so you're almost there!<br />
    <br />
    Yes, I love her! She was the first celebrity I created when I got the demo! Hopefully I can post a pic of her once I get up to "member" status.

And you're now a member congrats dude! Now post that Lana pic!
    emperorq52 wrote: »
    Yes! Here ya go.

lana2_zps99ce403e.jpg

based on her "Born to Die" look:
    born_to_die.jpg
    Wow! Not a bad job Emp! And congratulations on hitting Member :D
    Daijahv wrote: »

Thanks! I was actually surprised she came out so good cause I usually suck at making celeb sims lol
  • julieabrajulieabra Posts: 58 Member
    this is an interesting thread.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Is this setting a precedence for trolls to easily gain points to do what they did before? I know the new user restrictions was the direct result of trolls.

@EasyToRead - As long as you check the join date of a member by clicking their name and going to their profile you should, hopefully, avoid promoting a troll. Another way to be certain is checking their previous comments on threads. See if they actually participated or were just posting simple little nothing replies to appear interested. If someone has been here since 2009, and have a lot of posts, very few posts or are obvious lurkers, chances are they're not a troll.

I'd never advise for someone to freely give likes to anyone with very recent join dates. It's sorta mean because they could be innocent newbs here for Sims 4 but better safe than sorry. I'd say to let the newer members work for their points and prove themselves productive members of the community before helping. That's just me though :)
    Very helpful info. I hope everyone takes this in consideration when they are bored and doing this. B)
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • BishopBettieBishopBettie Posts: 88 Member
    Nik24X7, thanks! Someone, I think may vouch for me. Someone may agree. Thanks for the support! I need people in the right places.

You just need 13 more points I believe hun and you'll be a member :D you should be able to get that much tonight!

Munchie, thankyou! And, Nix24X7! I am now relieved of my new member status! I mostly stay on the old 3 Sims site. Have kept my head low over here. My eyes are strained from pouring over the tech pages. I'm not a lurker just a really slooowww writer.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Somehow I already have 117 :open_mouth:

I think it's cool yet tedious for those who just want to be a member.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

Thanks! I was actually surprised she came out so good cause I usually suck at making celeb sims lol

Well make sure shes on the gallery... I need her in my game!!
  • thesimmerzoethesimmerzoe Posts: 52 Member
    This member system makes no sense and isn't fair. It shouldn't depend on how many of these 'points' you have.
    i like dogs and the sims 2

origin: zoeleilanii
    twitter: zoelikesdogs
  • leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    Its good to see this thread still going strong Ive been helping out old member turned new where I can. EA still has alot of things to iron still i think. The next thing i think that should be addressed is loud (as in big) signatures they take up alot of space and i find them annoying The green shiny forum gives me enough of a headache and the obnoxious signatures only add to it
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

I love lana you did a fantastic job if i do got the sims 4 she will be transported to my game :)

4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

edited August 2014
    @Ashcrash19, That's from your badges. Points are 5-10 (15-20 for the higher comment badges). You're blessed with the gift for gab :D

Edit: Actually, if you calculate it, you're missing 10 points for one of your badges.
    This member system makes no sense and isn't fair. It shouldn't depend on how many of these 'points' you have.

Yeah I don't like the points system either. It's strange and since it's still in its founding stages, the rules keep seemingly changing. Hopefully everything will make a lot more sense when the dust settles (and the mods come out of hiding).

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Ashcrash19, That's from your badges. Points are 5-10 (15-20 for the higher comment badges). You're blessed with the gift for gab :D

Edit: Actually, if you calculate it, you're missing 10 points for one of your badges.

LOL! Well, I've never been told I'm not talkative, so there ya go. :blush:

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990

Well make sure shes on the gallery... I need her in my game!!

I went ahead and uploaded her since you and leelujack wanted her. My Origin ID is the same as here so you can look me up or just type her name in! ;)
    emperorq52 Your Lana is wonderful. no doubt you'll get lots of downloads! Congrats on membership!
  • haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @bluebythebook Helped you a bit ^^ They should make the anniversary badges worth more

I'M A MEMBER NOW! Thank you @06Bon06!!!! Now I get smilies and formatting and links, oh my!

<kermitflail.gif> :D

Woop Woop! We all be members now! <3

HappyDance.gif
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
    @bluebythebook Congrats! and we can even link to pages :D
  • georgeishungrygeorgeishungry Posts: 94 Member
    Argh, I hate this system. I've had this account for ages now yet I'm still a "new member". I can't work out how to connect with my networks for an extra 20 points (any ideas) and I'm not just going around tagging people for the points. I'll make do.
    SMagazine is a magazine all about design and inspiration in The Sims, full of your creations, tips and interviews with people in the community (even SimGurus from time to time!)

smagazineofficial.co.uk
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Argh, I hate this system. I've had this account for ages now yet I'm still a "new member". I can't work out how to connect with my networks for an extra 20 points (any ideas) and I'm not just going around tagging people for the points. I'll make do.

You can tag me lol. I have no idea how to ket those to work but I'll leave a like :)

I wouldnt consider july 12th as ages lol but if you want to post pics and things im sure it feel like an eternity
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• TehCookieKidTehCookieKid Posts: 110 Member
    Someone on my image signature thread told me to come check this thread out. So glad that I did; you guys answered all of my questions! Thanks! :D
    ts4pic115_zpsddd39563.jpg
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    While I don't want my eyes scarred again, I also am not overly fond of the whole "points" system.
    It looks too much like a "popularity" contest for kids or really bored people.
    The only button I even like, is the "LOL" button.
    But that just me ...
    And seeing people getting flagged for NO reason?
    Yeah, "great system"... NOT!
    *face palm*

It may not bother me, because * gasp!* I have a life outside Sims and forums, but I feel bad for those that mistaken these "false popularity Contests" , of piles-of-points , and badges, for anything other than Nonsense.
    Not everyone on these forums has the maturity level to not take things so seriously, and may unintentionally get upset, hurt or insulted by comparing their badges/points to others'.
  • Baby_Girl_FiBaby_Girl_Fi Posts: 408 Member
    The buttons are annoying, but they do help people who don't have a particular want to comment on something to show whether they agree or not. For example I lurk, I might agree with something someones said, but don't want to run the risk of it turning into an argument with someone else. or vice versus. Since recently as soon as you like something someones said in a discussion it turns into some kind of row.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top