Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is sims 4 available for mac

blueskyy108blueskyy108 Posts: 1 New Member
is the mac version also coming out on september second

Comments

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Nope.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Unfortunately it's only releasing for PC at this time. No word on if or when a Mac version will be released.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    I hope they release the mac version. Good luck!
  • SE08SE08 Posts: 26 Member
    It really is incredibly frustrating. A large portion of sims fans play on the mac; EA has a responsibility to its customers to inform us about when they will launch the product. Otherwise, they are going to wind up alienating a good half of the fans they have left. Really, they need to hire someone to be in charge of PR at that company, because trying to get answers about this is like pulling teeth. And unfortunately, for a good number of people in the community that I have talked to, this is just the straw that broke the camel's back, and they will not be purchasing the sims 4.

Hopefully, it will be as the fans are speculating- that there were so many issues with the sims 3 for mac users that EA is releasing an independent system for mac users. It would just be nice if the folks at EA would confirm or deny this, instead of releasing the vague, entirely unhelpful statement of, "We are focusing on PC at this time."
  • Alli-beagleAlli-beagle Posts: 111 Member
    It is not on mac because they didnt have time to make it for mac like they didnt have to make toddlers and pool
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Excuse me they are not going to have toddlers and pools how greedy EA has become. NOt getting my money. Just on here to see what I am not missing. NO I am not a Troll. I have a MAC.
  • Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    It's silly, but they're not releasing it for Mac.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Simbostic41Simbostic41 Posts: 17 New Member
    But haven't they always released a Mac version at a later date? I would shudder to think they would ignore such a large portion of their market. I would expect profits margin is just way to temptingly great for that, don't you think?
  • tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    It's ALWAYS been released at a later date. They've also said that pools and toddlers aren't shipping with base game, never have they said it's NEVER happening. I have mac and PC and I've always had WAY less issues on PC anyway.. the games are ported over. Just be patient and wait for it to come out for mac.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    they did say at the beginning in Sims 4 was to be released in 2014 for both platforms so I'm holding their word against them.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • lazouglazoug Posts: 75 Member
    It's no news that the mac version is released after the PC version. It was ALWAYS like this. Be patient, it will come. Just not right now.
    And for the lack of pools and toddlers in The Sims 4, you have to believe it was for the best. It will probably come in an add-on later on. We just all need to be patient. The Sims 4 look amazing and there is enough novelties to keep us busy for a long time!
  • Anna21Anna21 Posts: 9 New Member
    the sims 4 looks awesome and i'm hoping we get a demo for mac soon and the release date - don't mind that its later if we can get rid of the problems we had with sims 3 constantly crashing on the mac but it would be appreciated and respectful of EA to give the mac users proper demo and at least tentative release date.
  • NIFFYWONDANIFFYWONDA Posts: 59 Member
    Sorry, nope.