Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite Sims 2 Neighborhood?

I recently installed the Sims 2 Ultimate and I want to start playing but I'm having trouble deciding on a neighborhood to play with. I used to play with one I made but I feel like playing with one of the pre-made ones this time. So what is everyone's favorite? and why?

Comments

• stopdropreloadstopdropreload Posts: 17 New Member
    The neighborhood I've probably played the most is Pleasantview and the Downtown sub-neighborhood I associated with it; I like Pleasantview because it's a large town with a nice variety of residential lots. I would raise a family in Pleasantview and then, after the kids had graduated from university, move them into the Downtown sub-neighborhood as adults.

But honestly, it really depends on how you want to play - for family style play I'd recommend Desiderata Valley, because it comes with several families that you can either play with or socialize your own family with. Desiderata families also come with plenty of skill-building items. If you're playing with adult singles, or you want to focus on Magic, I'd play Belladonna Cove for its ample empty apartments, single Sims, and magic-associated Sims and lots. Veronaville is nice if you're interested in cultivating a medieval/Renaissance setting. And if you want to populate a neighborhood from scratch, or like Supernatural-type play, the Downtown sub neighborhood is great.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Bluewater Village. I now use a custom sc4 for my main neighbourhood, but before I always used Bluewater Village as the template.

In regards to playable hoods, I like downtown and the university hoods.
  • elooocinelooocin Posts: 115 Member
    I'm always super fond of Pleasantview & Strangetown, those are my first loves from the game :D
    NEwsnJk.png
    ♦ Simblr | tiptoesims ♦ YouTube | tiptoehappiness

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2014
    My favorite is the Uber-Megahood: All Maxis Neighborhoods in One
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=301194

This is the total combined three worlds Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville. In case your intrested to download it is here.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=2974875#post2974875
    Go to post # 220 for the direct download

I don't have to choose between the worlds, I can play one family at a time, and they can get to know everyone else. If you do decide to play this world there is one very important warning written in red. Also Bella Goth from Pleasantview has been fixed, meaning if you want to play her, you can. I will let you know that if you plan on getting Mortimer and Dina together, just wanted to let you know that he is married to Bella, she is not living with her family, but it is easy to get her to move in. Also the Singles household, all the last names of those girls have been restored; So Chloe Single is now Chloe Smith, and so on.
  • GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    I've only ever got to play 1 other neighborhood besides the base game ones, Riverblossom Hills, but I think my favorite would be Strangetown. I love the whole alien vibe to it and I like the back stories of it's sims better.
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Wow. You can play in the sub neighborhoods? I didn't know that. When I leave the forums for the day, I going to play downtown B)
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • xXPetraGirlXxxXPetraGirlXx Posts: 189 Member
    Thank you very much for the links LaBlue0314.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There is also Riverside. This was a world that EA was going to release but they scrapped it and went with the three that we all know of. Someone went in and restored it, fixed it, and made it complete. If any are interested here is the link to it as well. You have a choice of two different Riversides, one having original families, and one without any sims.

modthesims.info/download.php?t=503756
  • RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    At the moment, I'm playing Pleasantview. I think I love it best because it's got all the classic sims 1 sims and their backstories in it. I love Riverblossom hills and Belladonna cove too.

It's hard to believe, but I've visited Veronaville maybe once since getting the game back in 2004. How crazy is that!
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Thanks to everyone who responded so far. I remember I used to play in Bluewater Village and Downtown a lot. I decided to play with Veronaville currently just because I like the houses but I plan on going through all the neighborhoods eventually. Also thank you for posting all the links LaBlue0314!
  • residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2014
    Checking out Riverview and I love it. Much better than Pleasantview.

Of the 3 premade though, I think I would rank it as:

1. Strangetown
    2. Pleasantview
    3. Veronaville

Veronaville is just so boring. :P
  • Stuart92Stuart92 Posts: 44 Member
    Pleasantview.
  • neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    > @elooocin said:
    > I'm always super fond of Pleasantview & Strangetown, those are my first loves from the game

Oh, me too!!! Me, too!! I can't choose between those two! They are both my favorites! I'm currently playing in Strangetown with a clean game! It's so much fun to play those Maxis sims again!
  • Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    I prefer Pleasantview, but I much rather make my own.
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    For stories, I loved Pleasantview, but I prefer Veronaville architecture. There were some interesting houses in Strangetown, but I didn't like the lay of the land. I'm from an area like that, and I like to see water and lush greenery. I also liked Veronaville for the Shakespeare references :D
  • zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    Pleasantview, hands down. I love its neighborhood story and all the drama tied in. =p It's also large enough to fit in community lots from more recent EPs and it has a nice variation of residential lots: the middleclass family homes, a trailer park, the urban houses for city slickers, mansions, and even a cabin way out in the woods. :D The Sims themselves are all very interesting and are classic favorites of the series. Who doesn't love to play out Don Lothario's affairs with the Caliente twins, Cassandra Goth's romance with Darren Dreamer, the Pleasant's perfect family image falling apart, or Brandi Broke raising her three boys alone? lol. I think it has SO much to offer and brings out the very best TS2 has to offer in chaos, laughter, and drama.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I find myself playing Belladonna Cove the most, the one that came with Apartment Life.
  • KelynsKelyns Posts: 19 Member
    > @elooocin said:
    > I'm always super fond of Pleasantview & Strangetown, those are my first loves from the game

> @hihi122122 said:
    > For stories, I loved Pleasantview, but I prefer Veronaville architecture. There were some interesting houses in Strangetown, but I didn't like the lay of the land. I'm from an area like that, and I like to see water and lush greenery. I also liked Veronaville for the Shakespeare references

Have to agree. I love messing with the Pleasantview residents. I don't know how many times I've restarted the Brokes to mess with Brandi and see if I can get her to start rolling fears to have another baby. Or played the Pleasants and acted as referee between Lilith and Angela while making Daniel's life miserable. Or played Don and-well, what haven't I done with Don? He's married Dina and Cassandra before, and actually got left by Cassandra for Darren once. He's been abducted and had the cutest alien baby girl that I'm still mad I lost the save file for. He's become a witch and achieved several LTWs. Just this week I've been toying with the idea to make him a vampire in a post-apocalyptic Pleasantview.

But I played Strangetown first. It's been years but I remember that. Oh, I've had in Veronaville, but Strangetown was the place I created some of my first sims and really got to know the game's characters. Each family there has such an interesting history, whereas Pleasantview can get kind of boring sometimes with certain sims-hence my many restarts. Strangetown, though. I'll always remember it as the place where I first saw a sim get killed by a satellite.
    This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time.
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    Pleasantview :D
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Twoyys4meTwoyys4me Posts: 68 Member
    I've played them all. Strangetown and Pleasantview the most followed by Riverblossom Hills and Veronaville. Played the others but never spent a great deal of time in them apart from when I played a Megahood which I highly recommend, :)
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Oh I forgot all about Megahoods! I'm downloading one now, so I don't have to switch between all the different neighborhoods.
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Pleasantview was my favorite. I have strong attachments to it that carried over from TS1 Old Town.
  • CRH698CRH698 Posts: 67 Member
    Mine was:

*Pleasantview
    *Veronaville
    *Strangetown

I don't know why but always Strangetown reminds me of the xfiles LOL
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hum...Pleasantview is probably the town I play the most and Veronaville the least. I like them all but the families of Pleasantview are the ones I keep returning to.

I also love going to Olive Specters in Strangetown. If you play her just right and have her sit out and watch for her dead husbands ghost she will die of fright. Then you get a really cool cut scene about the Grime Reaper and the Four Horses of the Apocalypse! Also I don't remember if it was at the same time but believe it was, the Grim Reaper will talk about how he likes long walks on the beach. Olive's is the only place I have had it happen at. Of course strange things happen in Strangetown! :p

Happy Simming!! :)

PS For those who didn't know Olive has a wish to see her husbands ghost! ;)
  • lbennilbenni Posts: 107 Member
    Mine was Veronaville, Pleasantview, Bluewater Village, and Twiki Island.
    People will not remember what you did.
    People will not remember what you said.
    People will remember how you made them
    feel.