Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Alizatina wrote: »
    WTH is with that video?
    Go home video, you're drunk.

I think if you just post a link directly in the post it will work like normal (if it's a youtube video). I think.

I did post a direct link, it probably didn't like that I had it start at 1:49 instead of 0
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Seeing at this thread is now my asylum on this site, I'm going to try to find more things on the list!

Not sure if this exactly note-worthy or if you have it, but like the Sims 3, in the Sims 4 sims can rummage through trashcans!

Proof is at 1:49 of this video (I lined it up to that point)
    http://youtu.be/udEpejLQwjg

I just linked to the same video.
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    Seeing at this thread is now my asylum on this site, I'm going to try to find more things on the list!

Not sure if this exactly note-worthy or if you have it, but like the Sims 3, in the Sims 4 sims can rummage through trashcans!

Proof is at 1:49 of this video (I lined it up to that point)
    http://youtu.be/udEpejLQwjg

I just linked to the same video.

Okay?
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Woot! Updated to here.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    WTH is with that video?

I think if you just post a link directly in the post it will work like normal (if it's a youtube video). I think.

I did post a direct link, it probably didn't like that I had it start at 1:49 instead of 0

Ah. Interesting. I didn't actually know you could directly post a video link until yesterday or the day before so I figured it was worth a try. :p I had some interesting preview posts while I was trying to figure it out. XD
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I saw in the confirmed Not Returning list that there would be no Family Trees. For some reason that stuck out at me the most. However, I then saw there is a lot of emphasis on genetics in the confirmed Features for 4, and this makes me think that, while family is getting demoted, tinkering with genes between generations through breeding will be a strong mechanic.

Anybody ready to put their Mad Scientist gloves on and create the Perfect Sim through breeding?
    WTH is with that video?

Ah. Interesting. I didn't actually know you could directly post a video link until yesterday or the day before so I figured it was worth a try. :p I had some interesting preview posts while I was trying to figure it out. XD

I can only imagine!
    This forum can be crazy at times.
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    > @Damienf519 said:
    > Echowever wrote: »
    >
    > Damienf519 wrote: »
    >
    > That could end up being really confusing through, and than we'd end up wit a lot of neighborhoods that looked identical except for the lots.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not sure I'd find that confusing. The appearance of the lots is a large part of what makes the neighborhood look the way it does.
    >
    > I guess there are the public areas too. I'm going to have to play more in a S4 world before I have a good feel for it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Its been confirmed by the Gurus that you won't be able to edit the neighborhoods outside of the lots, at least when the game launches, so you would end up with a lot of extremely similar looking neighborhoods if you did that. It would also be confusing because you'd have multiple map screens with the same name that were identical except for the images of the lots.

We are Sims players. We will find a way. Resistance is futile.
    In that video two of us have posted, there are also:

New:
    Hoodies that actually cover the Sims head

Back:
    Heckling is back
    All lights still have "Auto Lights", "Turn on", "Turn Off", and you are still able to change the color and intensity. All of these can also be done on Community lots.
    All of these can be for "All Lights" and "This Light" and the color changing in done by a slider though all the colors, instead of a select few presets, and the light auto-update to the color you slide to while sliding!

I am super excited about the changing of the color of the lights, that is SO MUCH BETTER than the Sims 3
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    In that video two of us have posted, there are also:

New:
    Hoodies that actually cover the Sims head

Back:
    Heckling is back
    All lights still have "Auto Lights", "Turn on", "Turn Off", and you are still able to change the color and intensity. All of these can also be done on Community lots.
    All of these can be for "All Lights" and "This Light" and the color changing in done by a slider though all the colors, instead of a select few presets, and the light auto-update to the color you slide to while sliding!

I am super excited about the changing of the color of the lights, that is SO MUCH BETTER than the Sims 3

Got'em all added ;)
  • kreepsymusickreepsymusic Posts: 155 Member
    Thanks for all this info
    10945750_1527022374224874_7723481051081880925_n.jpg?oh=5a48d0796e5edf28ba6927ae38538893&oe=5551CE32
  • madisonswaggermadisonswagger Posts: 3 New Member
    HOW DARE YOU LIST THINGS THAT ARE POSITIVE!

Great list, and it's nice having them in one place at a time. Thanks for this.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    you can change the light's intensity and color? awesome!

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • RobBauerRobBauer Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there have been renders and some gameplay footage showing how sims can wear the hoods on their hoodies up.
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Darn right! Now sign my petition :p
    I did with a funny made up email...ARRRRGGGHHH ( :p ) it didn't work and now I forget my rather witty reply

@Alizatina HaHa! No gif is safe while I'm online! Buahahahah >:)
    edited August 2014
    I_am_bean wrote: »
    Darn right! Now sign my petition :p
    I did with a funny made up email...ARRRRGGGHHH ( :p ) it didn't work and now I forget my rather witty reply

@Alizatina HaHa! No gif is safe while I'm online! Buahahahah >:)
    @I_am_bean
    I gots my eyes on you
    giphy.gif

:D<3
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    I'm just saying!
  • rensdesimrensdesim Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2014
    @joeWow1003:

Things to add in build/buy mode (if they have not been yet):
    - All windows can move up and down (when holding alt they can move up and down freely)
    - Ability to disable auto placement of counters so that you can pick the part, including the hanging part (can't come up with the name). The hanging once even have longer once you could use as a fake closet of something.
    - There is a fire prevention unit you can place outside
    - Ability to edit every lot you visit

Life mode:
    - Paintings have auras to influence emotions (based on the emotion when painted)
    - Collect MySims Statues from rocks, which also have auras.
    - New party gameplay with hosts, locations, mixologist (some parties) and rewards for parties. They will also now give you a status of your party and what to do to get that status.

Edit: party added.
    Post edited by rensdesim on
  • Joxer4GabbyJoxer4Gabby Posts: 185 Member
    Have you got breastfeeding and all cakes can be make in to birthday cakes.
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    Returning game features!!

Off Grid Placement: (Alt – while holding object) Returning from Sims 3
    Off Angle Placement: (Alt – while rotating object) Returning from Sims 3
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

Woot! Have everything added to this point. Let me know if I forgot anything or if you have more to add.
    177 features in Sims 4! Most of them brand new features to the series!

This is crazy! Who is excited for Sims 4?
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    [img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/02/Excited-GIFS.gif[/img]
    Gah! Only 300 hours! Or 18000 minutes! Or 1080000 seconds!
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited August 2014

Just saw another Sims 4 game play video. It appears that we can use the gardening skill to grow flowers now.

Everyeye.it: Preview Video (10 minutes)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/772547/everyeye-it-preview-video-10-minutes/p1

If you notice in the video Tavis Scott purchased a pack of "starter flowers"
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I noticed that too @Damienf519, but that also makes me wonder if that is the only way we will get flowers. Will there be no more flower patches in build mode like we are used to? Won't that make landscaping houses slightly more difficult for the builders who like to make gardens to go with the houses before uploading them? So many questions... ;)