Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open for Bussiness

ยซ1
They never had this for sims 3. They better have it for sims 4. Do you agree?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yes, yes I do!
  • KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    No, not really. My least fav EP for Sims 2 and they kind of incorporated it a little in Island Paradise....I think.
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    it did not feel the same. Open for bussiness was one of my favorites.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    That would definitely be fun.
    A store/venture could be added to the worldmap pretty easily.
    ... jinkies oO
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    @Alorapop Oh, I definitely agree! That was one of my favorite Sims 2 EPs and it added so much gameplay. I think all of my sims owned and operated their own business in Pleasantview. :D
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Open For Business was my favorite! I know many Simmers agree. They tried to copy it in some ways with Ambitions and with store content, but failed miserably. I want to sell ANYTHING. And I don't want to put it on a creepy rug, or on a creepy pedestal, or on a creepy shelf! I want real employees, whose skills matter. I want real price adjustment back. My favorite part about that EP was its versatility. You could run almost any business.
  • JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Not 100% my thing, but people are crying out for TS2 Open for Business retread in TS4 - not least because 'sales mats' of TS3's Midnight Hollow didn't really cut it. I doubt it'll come immediately, but it'll make a nice alternative to the rather weird careers the game currently has on offer.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member
    It was my favorite Sims 2 expansion, so yes.
  • Simtastic27Simtastic27 Posts: 18 Member
    Absolutely!! This was my favorite expansion for the Sims 2 and I really missed it in the Sims 3
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    I missed it too! The things they tried to pass off in a similar fashion in TS3 just didn't hack it.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • ChelleBaldyChelleBaldy Posts: 262 Member
    I hated OFB. It just wasn't how I liked to play the game.
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    Yeah, the charm of OFB wasn't just the ability to sell stuff for profit or sell sim-made items (which some TS3 store items added). A lot of the charm was from the whole talking with customers bit, hiring employees and having sales/teller skills. I really do hope they revisit these ideas again.
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    I would like a open for bussines expansion pack for the sims 4 not like the savvy seller thing that we got from the sims 3 store
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I would love to have OPEN FOR BUSSINESS this time around as a expansion pack,so that I can have a bakery like the sims 2.When the sims would actually work in the store.
  • angelhepburnangelhepburn Posts: 11 New Member
    I loved Open For Business! What we had in Sims 3 just wasn't the same.
  • lexxsimslexxsims Posts: 366 Member
    I really loved Open for business... I hope in sims 4 they bring back OFB and superstars!
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I didn't use businesses that much in 2. I would like Servos back though
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    I really loved Open for business... I hope in sims 4 they bring back OFB and superstars!

I would love for them to bring back some of the features from TS1 Superstar, like the cat walk!

• burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I remember when OFB came out for sims 2. It was like love at first sight and when sims 3 didn't have it, I was a little heartbroken. Sure, IP had something like it but it was never the same.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    No, not really. My least fav EP for Sims 2 and they kind of incorporated it a little in Island Paradise....I think.

Yes and no, but there really wasn't that much business management in the Sims 3 Island Paradise. You mya not have liked open for Business, but I think that such an expansion pack would be great for the Sims 4. I'd love to run my own business, plus I'd like retails shops in the game.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I need a cake shop.
    Somewhere to house all my tarts.
    :)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member

EA would probably have to add a new world map or a new neighborhood to each of their official worlds, for us to be able to add our own shops to the game without getting rid of some of the venues in either Oasis Springs or Willow Creek. We could maybe add our shop to one of the residential neighborhood in either of those towns, but that might not look right. Plus I would get bored visiting the same commercial district over and over again.

I really hope that EA releases a world editor for the Sims for so we can create our own, especially if the come out with an Open for Business type expansion.
  • lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    I really liked Open For Business, I hope they bring something like that back or the sims 4. My favorite was making a bakery. :3
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    MHM. you know i agree.
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member

EA would probably have to add a new world map or a new neighborhood to each of their official worlds, for us to be able to add our own shops to the game without getting rid of some of the venues in either Oasis Springs or Willow Creek. We could maybe add our shop to one of the residential neighborhood in either of those towns, but that might not look right. Plus I would get bored visiting the same commercial district over and over again.

I really hope that EA releases a world editor for the Sims for so we can create our own, especially if the come out with an Open for Business type expansion.

OFB and shops could easily be achieved by introducing it as a separate world like in TS2 by linking up to a Downtown district. I think with the setup being more like TS2, we will have a lot more options (i.e. more than one university, a downtown shopping/clubbing/restaurant area, multiple vacation locations, etc.)

Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth