Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Mod to load Create A Sim outside the game?

I was just thinking about how relatively quick creating for TS4 is now, my load time on the demo is next to nothing. Does anyone think it might be possible for a modder to extract the full version of Create A Sim after launch so CAS CC creators won't have to load the full game to test each piece of CC?
My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny

Comments

• SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member
    Just a thought here, but couldn't they just keep the CAS Demo installed and test their CC that way as well? Just like we still have the CAP Demo from before Pets was released. Feel free to contradict/correct if I'm wrong here.
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    That's a good question, @cpropst11. I'm not sure. I just assumed they would make us uninstall it.
  • SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member
    I haven't tried to reinstall my CAP demo since Pets came out but I'm sure its possible to do after the game's released. I guess until someone else sees this thread and can give more opinions on the matter, we'll just have to sit and play the waiting game. :/
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I'm really hoping that we can either keep the demo or that they'll have an external sim creator like they did previously (I forget which game that was for)... loading up the full game every time to test cc would be a pain... I love how quickly the demo loads up.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Was Bodyshop. I can't think of any reason WHY they'd disable the demo (they'll still be trying to sell the game), and if the demo's there, shouldn't be any problem getting stuff into it.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Just my thoughts, but didn't they say that the CAS demo didn't have everything that the game version will have? Don't know if that will matter to you guys or not.
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    That's true, @Kamb64, but we might be able to use the "mods" folder to sideload new maxis and cc meshes and recolors for them into the demo.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Oh okay. Well I'm glad that you modders out there are working so hard to add to the game. Thanks guys!