Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Cant post anymore Glitch Fixed

alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
edited August 2014 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Someone I know made an account yesterday and she was able to post just fine. But today she said she cant post and she doesnt know why. I looked at her profile and it doesnt say she is banned or anything. So was just wondering if new members suddenly cant post now or what is oging on.
my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
Post edited by alyssasim87 on

Comments

• alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Just wanted to update my friend still cant get on here. What happens is she can log in but she cant post anything at all. So is this a glitch or are newer members not allowed to be on this site?. Anyway when nothing else worked she made a new account but is still having the same problems. Where she cannot post or anything. Does anyone know if new members cant post anymore or if they can how can they? Do you have to register a sims game? Shes actually trying to register a game to see if that will allow her to post but I guess origin is glitching out and wont work right. So I have to speak for her. So if anyone has answers or ideas what is going on please let me know.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    That's odd. Are you sure didn't get banned? By accident or?
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    Sorry, I don't know, but how do you become a regular member? I thought it was based on number of comments.
    5fhzzo.jpg
    No it doesnt say she is banned. Plus registering a new account should have fixed it. If anyone wants to take a look her name is julieabra.

Im a simmer forever <3
    Sorry, I don't know, but how do you become a regular member? I thought it was based on number of comments.

Thats what I thought. But she cant make any comments. She could yesterday but today she cant.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited August 2014
    Your friend needs to get fifty forum points to become a full Member. Right now, she probably has New Member status which limits her abilities on this forum. She needs to achieve Member status in order to post links and images and such. She can gain points by posting and having others press the Agree, Like, and LOL buttons. Those help her achieve badges which also earn forum points.

Edited: your friend currently has 82 forum points and is a full Member. I have no idea why she's having troubles. Sorry.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Her rank is a member so she should be fine? I dunno, she'd have to try and if it still doesn't work, she'll have to contact support and see if there is an issue.
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Your friend needs to get fifty forum points to become a full Member. Right now, she probably has New Member status which limits her abilities on this forum. She needs to achieve Member status in order to post links and images and such. She can gain points by posting and having others press the Agree, Like, and LOL buttons. Those help her achieve badges which also earn forum points.

Edited: your friend currently has 82 forum points and is a full Member. I have no idea why she's having troubles. Sorry.

She's saying that all of a sudden her friend can't post anything at all but she was able to yesterday. So she can't do that.
  • phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    But she can't get points by posting if she can't post. That's what the thread is about.
    5fhzzo.jpg
    Have her log out and log back in again. That might solve the problem. Other than that, maybe she could close her browser and re-open it. Dunno.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    or try a different browser?
    WznfzGr.gif
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    Tell her to clear her browser cache and cookies :cookie:
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
    Its not about posting pictures or links. She doesnt care about that. She cant reply to other peoples posts with her words. She cant start a new topic. She can only read other peoples posts and look at her profile page.

She relogged several times. Tried a different browser. Restarted her computer. She even made a new account to see if that would work. Amd evem her new account does the same thing.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Maybe the forum glitched on her internet browser? may I suggest to log in and try to post in a different browser? for example if she uses Internet explorer, try it with mozilla or chrome. Or if it's the opposite, try with internet explorer.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • memorybulletsmemorybullets Posts: 62 New Member
    The same thing actually happened to me. This is actually my old account and I'm using it to post because it won't let me post using my new account. I was allowed to post yesterday and I was actually a 'member' so I have no idea what's going on. Do you think it could be because my Sims games are connected to this account and not to my new one?
    I wonder if theres a problem with new members accounts.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    It's odd. I tried to log off, and sign in again. after origin screen it told me that was an error processing my request, and didn't log me on. I tried to sign in again, and automatically signed on.

The forums are acting weird, that's for sure.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
    I know its all just weird. I just hope its fixed soon because people need to be able to post.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    could be an ip address problem. or it just could be the forums acting up again :/
  • Kristen4810Kristen4810 Posts: 243 Member
    Well I tested this out on a new account and it doesn't even give me a space to make a post at the bottom of the thread.

82rBN7G.png
    edited August 2014
    Thats exactly what she sees.

Hang on Im going to try an experiment. Be back in a sec

Im a simmer forever <3
    Can she quote another post? Have her try it.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    When you look at her profile, it says her Role is General. Most users have their Role listed as something like en_US (I assume a language and country?). It looks like it's something on the back end causing the problem, especially if opening a new account gives people the same result. Pretty sure the mods (or some admin person on the forum) are going to have to fix this.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    Ok so I tried something. When I was getting flagged a lot I got paranoid that I might get banned so I made a back up account. So I logged in as that name which I made 3 days ago and I had the same problem. So it sounds like its a glitch of some kind that new members cant post.

Im a simmer forever <3