Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Alizatina wrote: »
    Hey, in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpZhpNrneGc

Rachel confirms adoption, not sure if you have that on the list already! :D

That was an interesting interview. Thanks for posting it!
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Hey, in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpZhpNrneGc

Rachel confirms adoption, not sure if you have that on the list already! :D

That was an interesting interview. Thanks for posting it!

Yeah I thought it was interesting, not sure exactly what the interviewer had to bring religion into it, but she handled it very well. Got her some points in my book which I never thought would happen!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    Just found this thread and read the WHOLE THING in one sitting. Flamewars and all. I love it!

I learned several things I didn't know before. The townie generator is a big deal to me. I've tried to create themed worlds before in Sims 3, and so much of that is based on the clothes and features of the townies. I don't know what we'll be able to customize, but every little bit helps.

There are also some "little things" that have me pretty excited. For example, any cake being turned into a birthday cake by putting candles on it. I must have downloaded a dozen birthday cake recolors because I was so sick of having one birthday cake in S3, and since modders never figured out a way to replace the slices, there was always this discontinuity. Birthdays have got to be the most common celebration in the game. I would think that having only one cake wouldn't be a biggie, but after five years of playing, I can barely stand to look at that cake. I hope there will be many cake recipes in the future, and if not, that modders will now be able to make slices that match their cake recolors.

I read the list, and I didn't think that the variety of sim voices was listed. Correct me if I'm wrong. That's another "little thing" that has me kind of excited -- a roomful of sims can sound like a roomful of sims.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited August 2014
    Echowever wrote: »
    Just found this thread and read the WHOLE THING in one sitting. Flamewars and all. I love it!

I learned several things I didn't know before. The townie generator is a big deal to me. I've tried to create themed worlds before in Sims 3, and so much of that is based on the clothes and features of the townies. I don't know what we'll be able to customize, but every little bit helps.

I hope they come out with something similar to Create A World for the Sims 4. Creating custom worlds for the Sims 4 would be fun with the new easier build/buy mode combined with the ability to make our own townies.
    Well, CAW was a separate tool that was released later. I think it's likely we'll be able to create custom worlds at some point.

If not, I strongly suspect that we can get a lot of mileage out of replacing all the lots in the game world that matches the scenery we want. It's hardly a stretch to predict that there will be plenty of game worlds.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    I_am_bean wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_n9wf5p2ZQw1s254d8.gif
    Yay for an update!

Great GIF. Because...cat.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    This site makes me feel good, I love hearing all the new finds. keep up the good work Joe and don't get discouraged.
    It is so refreshing to hear something good, I see so much I love about the Sims 4, I can't wait.
    I am trying to write my story line of how my Generation Family gets to Willow Creek. I keep looking in to see all the new stuff added.
    We are up to 160 and counting. great job.
    edited August 2014
    Well, CAW was a separate tool that was released later. I think it's likely we'll be able to create custom worlds at some point.

If not, I strongly suspect that we can get a lot of mileage out of replacing all the lots in the game world that matches the scenery we want. It's hardly a stretch to predict that there will be plenty of game worlds.

I'd hope so, but I don't want to sacrifice the lots already in the different worlds to do that. Also some neighborhoods have distant terrain that is design either for a downtown commercial district or a residential neighborhood and wouldn't work well with the other. Also no matter how many worlds EA gives us, there may never been one that fits a particular theme that we want to build around.

I'm also going to probably get bored with just what EA gives us.
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    I read the list, and I didn't think that the variety of sim voices was listed. Correct me if I'm wrong. That's another "little thing" that has me kind of excited -- a roomful of sims can sound like a roomful of sims.

Ohh that's a good point. Is the variety greater than in Sims 3? From the CAS demo it seemed pretty similar to Sims 3; three different voices per gender and you can modify the tone of each one.

Either way it's still a pretty nifty feature that's making a comeback in Sims 4. I shall add it to the list ;)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have tried to find it but if you have already ok
    there is a writers block for writers, can't write if depressed etc.
    Also there are Sprinklers inside the house to put out fires.
    Some kind of fire box outside on the house if there is a fire to activate to put out fire.
    Teens can babysit
    Evalen wrote: »
    Some kind of fire box outside on the house if there is a fire to activate to put out fire.
    Teens can babysit

Woot! The one about writer's block is in the list I believe.

I'll add the bit about sprinklers and teens being able to babysit :D
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    This thread is boss.
    But I was a bit concerned by the fact that it had received 666 new posts since I last read it.
    I think your thread is possessed, Joe.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
    This thread is boss.
    But I was a bit concerned by the fact that it had received 666 new posts since I last read it.
    I think your thread is possessed, Joe.

What? Just because the posts randomly turn upside down and green ooze seeps out of your monitor as you read the thread you think it's possessed?

That's just silly talk.
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Teens can babysit

Woot! The one about writer's block is in the list I believe.

I'll add the bit about sprinklers and teens being able to babysit :D
    The fire box on the outside of the house is part of the sprinkler system. There are two fire alarms--one standard one that simply tells your sims where there's smoke/fire then your sim has to put the fire out themselves; and the sprinkler alarm system. The box is place outside the house and, I believe, whenever a fire starts anywhere in the house, a sprinkler will pop down from the ceiling and put it out. The sprinkler system will completely douse the fire.
  • TheHeku4TheHeku4 Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2014
    I love this thread so much that if it was a person, we'd be married already c:
    Heartsu.gif
    Post edited by TheHeku4 on
    4XoHjXr.gif
    "You can't agree to disagree, because they're frigging wrong!" 
    Buh, I guess I'm wrong about the voices. It's been a long time since I made a sim in S3. I could've sworn I didn't have this much customizability when I did it last. But what I see in S3 doesn't look that different from S4.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    I'd hope so, but I don't want to sacrifice the lots already in the different worlds to do that. Also some neighborhoods have distant terrain that is design either for a downtown commercial district or a residential neighborhood and wouldn't work well with the other. Also no matter how many worlds EA gives us, there may never been one that fits a particular theme that we want to build around.

The fact that we can travel easily from world to world makes me want to be able to make multiple copies of a given world customized differently. If you don't like the size of the world, add a second copy with replaced lots and fresh population and travel between them.

I see no evidence that we can do this from current info, but it sure sounds moddable.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg

The fact that we can travel easily from world to world makes me want to be able to make multiple copies of a given world customized differently. If you don't like the size of the world, add a second copy with replaced lots and fresh population and travel between them.

I see no evidence that we can do this from current info, but it sure sounds moddable.

That could end up being really confusing through, and than we'd end up wit a lot of neighborhoods that looked identical except for the lots.
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »

Here's another video, that I'm not sure if you've seen, that shows off one or two features you might not have known about before.

The Sims Wiki: Video Preview (10 minutes)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/772318/the-sims-wiki-video-preview-10-minutes#latest
    That could end up being really confusing through, and than we'd end up wit a lot of neighborhoods that looked identical except for the lots.

Not sure I'd find that confusing. The appearance of the lots is a large part of what makes the neighborhood look the way it does.

I guess there are the public areas too. I'm going to have to play more in a S4 world before I have a good feel for it.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Seeing at this thread is now my asylum on this site, I'm going to try to find more things on the list!

Not sure if this exactly note-worthy or if you have it, but like the Sims 3, in the Sims 4 sims can rummage through trashcans!

Proof is at 1:49 of this video (I lined it up to that point)
    http://youtu.be/udEpejLQwjg
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    edited August 2014
    WTH is with that video?
    Go home video, you're drunk.
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    WTH is with that video?
    Go home video, you're drunk.

I think if you just post a link directly in the post it will work like normal (if it's a youtube video). I think.

Not sure I'd find that confusing. The appearance of the lots is a large part of what makes the neighborhood look the way it does.

I guess there are the public areas too. I'm going to have to play more in a S4 world before I have a good feel for it.

Its been confirmed by the Gurus that you won't be able to edit the neighborhoods outside of the lots, at least when the game launches, so you would end up with a lot of extremely similar looking neighborhoods if you did that. It would also be confusing because you'd have multiple map screens with the same name that were identical except for the images of the lots.
    That video above (he clicks on the guy digging through trash) also shows that "Friendly" "Rude" and "Funny" introductions are back in Sims 4
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png