Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Call for services'??

So I know firefighters and burglars aren't in the game, but I also heard a rumour we could no longer 'call for services'. As far as I'm aware the maid is still in the game, so if anyone could clarify that would be really helpful. :) Also, has anyone mentioned the repairmen and whether or not he'll be returning?

Comments

• lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I read that there will be no repairmen, you either repair the item yourself or replace it. I am not sure about maids, I want to say they're in though.
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    The maid was absolutely already confirmed. You can have it as a recurring service or a one time thing.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    Services that have been confirmed:
    Maid
    Pizza Delivery
    Adoption Services
    giphy.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    lynny wrote: »
    I read that there will be no repairmen, you either repair the item yourself or replace it. I am not sure about maids, I want to say they're in though.

Well, I'm a lazy player and although I love chaos I also like calling the repair man when I have finally had enough of those puddles on the floor. Guess my Sims' houses are going to be broken and a mess. Or I'm going to spend time just buying new objects.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Well, I'm a lazy player and although I love chaos I also like calling the repair man when I have finally had enough of those puddles on the floor. Guess my Sims' houses are going to be broken and a mess. Or I'm going to spend time just buying new objects.

I'll probably end up replacing a bunch of stuff. Hopefully we'll have the option to make objects unbreakable again, that's a handy one.
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    At this point, I'm not sure if anybody actually knows. We will find out once the game launches though.

I have read that there are maids and that you can call them for a one time deal or a scheduled time. I don't know about the repair man.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Candyr277 wrote: »
    The maid was absolutely already confirmed. You can have it as a recurring service or a one time thing.

Maids were my favorite so I'm glad they're back. Though I wish our sims would finally be able to play as maids. Pretending to clean your house while I'm taking your husband away from you.
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

Maids were my favorite so I'm glad they're back. Though I wish our sims would finally be able to play as maids. Pretending to clean your house while I'm taking your husband away from you.

Imagine a klepto Sim as a maid "cleaning up" while the owners are away. That's pretty much how I made my money in Skyrim - except the maid part.

"The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    If there are no firefighters, how will we put out fires that start? Or do we just burn to death in the game? Lets face it, sims go crazy when fires start and they are hard to get focused in putting them out. AND even if you do put them out yourself, someone always gets burned up and die because of it. And I am wondering what other crazy zany thing they will put in the game that happens when sims are asleep if the burglars aren't there? I think that it would be funny to have a pickpocket come into the sims house at night to go through their clothes to try to find stuff. OR maybe in broad daylight when you are out and about.

Imagine a klepto Sim as a maid "cleaning up" while the owners are away. That's pretty much how I made my money in Skyrim - except the maid part.

Obviously EA needs to spend their time focusing on making the Maid career playable. I want my sims to not just be a mistress but a maid one who invades the wifes house whenever she wants!
  • Kristen4810Kristen4810 Posts: 243 Member

Dramatic_40e268_67107.gif

While I'm picking up your dry cleaning I'll be picking apart your marriage xD
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

That's a shame. I'm not too pleased by that as it varies for me with different sims.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • sophstar007sophstar007 Posts: 112 Member
    Services that have been confirmed:
    Maid
    Pizza Delivery
    Adoption Services

Yay for the Adoption Services!!
    293xf8g.jpg
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member

Or taking things that aren't mine......anything is up for grabs!! Imagine just taking a kid's hand and walking away with them in tow.....LOL. I could see it now, the Mom sim goes running after her child and starts a brawl.....LOL!! xD

• Kristen4810Kristen4810 Posts: 243 Member

Better watch out, those housewives don't mess around
    Bree-Van-de-Kamp-Angry-Ready-To-Shoot-On-Desperate-Housewives.gif
    real-housewives-angry-ferrari-rhom.gif