Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There Is Nothing Missing From The Sims Four

In the clear light of reality the Sims Four will upon its release be whole and intact. It is in fact a new game unique unto itself. The Sims Four is not The Sims 1, 2 or 3. It is The Sims 4 - a brand new individual in the Sims series with its own unique personality. Now, if after you install the game on your computer you go in under the hood and take something out..well..then something will be missing, :D
My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3

Comments

• LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    They have explicitly stated that pools were supposed to be in and had to be cut. Ergo, AT THE VERY LEAST, pools are missing.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    It's missing a lot. It's not a brand new game. It's a retrograde misleadingly named Sims 4.
  • rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2014
    pattyheart wrote: »
    In the clear light of reality the Sims Four will upon its release be whole and intact. It is in fact a new game unique unto itself. The Sims Four is not The Sims 1, 2 or 3. It is The Sims 4 - a brand new individual in the Sims series with its own unique personality. Now, if after you install the game on your computer you go in under the hood and take something out..well..then something will be missing, :D

nRSuk.gif

Oh no you don't. We all know that features that should have been in the base game (and has been in previous base games) was cut.

2cr3bs9.png
  • xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    Technically yes they are missing. In an interview with Grant last year, he said there would be cars and toddlers... and now there are not. Ok maybe not missing features, but definitely cut features.
    giphy.gif
  • CappyStuckCappyStuck Posts: 55 Member
    Why is it called sims 4 then? They cut out an entire life stage. regardless if you like toddlers or not you can agree thats a big step backwards, yes? Now consider all the other missing features. thats a lot of steps backwards. HM!
  • ChelleBaldyChelleBaldy Posts: 262 Member
    edited August 2014
    3898690-9003209238-200.g.gif
    This should be good
  • netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    Again, we run into this distinction between a "sequel" and a "reboot". By all appearances, they seem to have tried to do a reboot (even rebooting the timeline and back history), but market it as a "sequel". There is some reasonable expectation that a sequel will expand upon its predecessors rather than completely reinvent them.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • kitsunekyokokitsunekyoko Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2014
    Right nothing is missing even if confirmed that they didn't have time....

c5c39270-a5b8-0131-8961-12143389e368.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIV2GBF52KUKP672A&Expires=1715523054&Signature=P5Xr7eDul3eMdKkCD9OjTLTxsKg%3D

Edit: Took out hobbs and replaced he was too big.
  • julieabrajulieabra Posts: 58 Member
    toddlers are missing. a whole life stage. also pools they have been in the sims since the sims 1. and what about ghosts? once agian something from the sims 1 is not in the sims 4. so yes there are a lot of missing features.
  • athyrmoseathyrmose Posts: 223 Member
    @pattyheart Those logical fallacies are adorbs. Good luck.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    The sims 4 is part of the sims series. Since the sims 4 is part of the sims series, typically some things continue on from past sims games. In the case of the sims 4, a lot of features that were in the sims 1, 2, and 3 are absent from the sims 4. If the sims 4 was called something else like The Sims RPG or The Sims Go to the Moon, then those missing features wouldn't be an issue since it would be a new game. Since the sims 4 is part of the sims series, people expect certain features to carry over to it.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • lexxsimslexxsims Posts: 366 Member
    Oh my gossssssh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S SIMS 4!!!!!! WHY DO YOU THINK IT HAS THE NUMBER 4 ? THINK!! THINK!! omg, you have a brain, USE IT! GODD 🐸🐸🐸🐸! i can't with this.... *goes out* 5055733.gif
    Technically yes they are missing. In an interview with Grant last year, he said there would be cars and toddlers... and now there are not. Ok maybe not missing features, but definitely cut features.

Oh, I see SP isn't "missing." It's "cut."

That's like saying someone isn't "dead." They're " deceased."
  • pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just how I see it :-) All that really matters is that I (and many others) are very much looking forward to the new game, are excited about what we do know and have seen and do not expect a new game to include everything that may have been included in or added to older games. I aint gonna let anyone "rain on my parade". B)
    If that's all that matters why did you post this silliness about nothing being missing?
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member

Toddlers are missing for one thing. They were going to include them in the game but they didn't. That said I still think its going to be a great game.
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Thats one way to look at it. I doubt everyone will see it that way
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    kglppz.jpg
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    Of course there's nothing missing from T$$4. ;) Not a single thing. It's all good.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Again, we run into this distinction between a "sequel" and a "reboot". By all appearances, they seem to have tried to do a reboot (even rebooting the timeline and back history), but market it as a "sequel". There is some reasonable expectation that a sequel will expand upon its predecessors rather than completely reinvent them.

OMG THIS! I have been saying this for weeks now!
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    throne-of-lies.gif
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I agree with your post about 75% I do have to say that toddlers ARE missing...
  • pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    edited August 2014
    All I can state is what I see. I understand that both toddlers and swimming pools will be made available. These are not missing. They are just not being included in the base game. Some players have decided to wait to buy the game until one or both are available. Others are waiting to make a buying decision until after the game is released and after other players have shared actual 'hands on' game play experience.

When we have the game installed and have spent some time with it we will have opportunity to share our honest opinions about the actual game. Until then all I can say is that I like what I have seen and am happy enough with all that the new game offers to feel comfortable pre-ordering the Premium edition.

@natashified I will look at your Sims gallery. Players are creating some amazingly unique Sims!! I've been taking a few requests and that has kept me busy.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    All I can state is what I see. I understand that both toddlers and swimming pools will be made available. These are not missing. They are just not being included in the base game. Some players have decided to wait to buy the game until one or both are available. Others are waiting to make a buying decision until after the game is released and after other players have shared actual 'hands on' game play experience.

When we have the game installed and have spent some time with it we will have opportunity to share our honest opinions about the actual game. Until then all I can say is that I like what I have seen and am happy enough with all that the new game offers to feel comfortable pre-ordering the Premium edition.

@natashified I will look at your Sims gallery. Players are creating some amazingly unique Sims!! I've been taking a few requests and that has kept me busy.

This is a forum. A game forum. We don't have to wait until we play it to say how we feel about it. That's part of the whole "forum" thing.
  • GlassHippocampusGlassHippocampus Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think it's fair to say that if there are certain features that have been used throughout the series' bases but isn't being used in 4's base, it's "missing".
    A pool will be "missing" in 4. Landscape slopes will be "missing" in 4.
    These are the very things that have defined The Sims and made the life-simulation game what it is.
    16804364_255015048272470_6498686028534196190_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ZJ2v2Iq54xUAX83XC6Z&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_d3R-ZAgZq89G9-i-5UP1msfabB3aphDK7YRcmuZ30cg&oe=62D86AED