Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited August 2014
    You guys are great at figuring some things out. Kudos! I will say that some things have been added or increased to prevent trolling/stalking/harassment from new member accounts (with more to come). There's other stuff I can't talk about. New members are going to have to earn their privileges (i.e. being able to post a link or image, quotes, possibly send PMs, etc..)

However, this time around when they rolled out the new criteria I made them aware of the below.
    Keep in mind the change is also going to affect the following.
    There are simmers that have been member since (i.e. 2009-2013) but they were lurkers of the forums and never really posted. So they were hit with "new member" rank and had issues (posting images, quoting) disabled when they could do both before.

Looks like they need at least 50 pts from the reaction system to be promoted to member status. If someone in that situation has posted, then quite a few in the community have (Agree/Liked/LOL) their post to help them out. I most definitely check their join date first of course.

The above is/was the work around for those that had join dates much older. Is there a way to take the join date into account?

The Sims 4 forum integration is the first of many under EA.com that is being upgraded from Jforum to Vanilla Forums. Think of us simmers as the guinea pigs (for lack of a better term), to help them get the new system sorted so everyone else can follow. ;)

I know it's always hard to move into a new home for both the end users as well as all the people on the back end. I'm happy and thankful for the opportunity to provide some direct insight on the other side. Like I posted earlier, I'm trying to do my best for you guys. All in all one of the best things about this game is it's community. I think it's one of if not the best and strongest communities out there. And although my feelings about the Sims 4 game itself are mixed, I will stick around to support the community.

You guys are AWESOME! B)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • ShawnettMShawnettM Posts: 26 Member
    I'm glad I made my way over to the new forum. I honestly didn't know we had to have points to be members. I also received my 5 year badge. I don't ever really post to much but I do read a lot of things in the forums. I'm not going to lie I'm a little disappointed in how everything is changing, especially the game but I've been a Simmer since the first one and I will give Sims 4 a try. Happy Simming to all!
  • VampattackVampattack Posts: 137 Member
    I've been here from the start but have been way to awkward to post anything. I've also seen I'm pretty close but not close enough.
  • DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 471 Member
    edited August 2014
    Vampattack wrote: »
    I've been here from the start but have been way to awkward to post anything. I've also seen I'm pretty close but not close enough.

Fixed! Welcome to the club :)
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    Anyone help? ^^;

...I'm six points away from 50. ._.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    ^Oh, I was only a one like or etc away from getting that badge.

Thank you. :D
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @randomboggan

Thank you so much for being my test-subject >:) I'll update the first post with that now ^^

edited August 2014
    blunote00 wrote: »
    You guys are great at figuring some things out. Kudos! I will say that some things have been added or increased to prevent trolling/stalking/harassment from new member accounts (with more to come). There's other stuff I can't talk about. New members are going to have to earn their privileges (i.e. being able to post a link or image, quotes, possibly send PMs, etc..)

However, this time around when they rolled out the new criteria I made them aware of the below.
    Keep in mind the change is also going to affect the following.
    There are simmers that have been member since (i.e. 2009-2013) but they were lurkers of the forums and never really posted. So they were hit with "new member" rank and had issues (posting images, quoting) disabled when they could do both before.

Looks like they need at least 50 pts from the reaction system to be promoted to member status. If someone in that situation has posted, then quite a few in the community have (Agree/Liked/LOL) their post to help them out. I most definitely check their join date first of course.

The above is/was the work around for those that had join dates much older. Is there a way to take the join date into account?

The Sims 4 forum integration is the first of many under EA.com that is being upgraded from Jforum to Vanilla Forums. Think of us simmers as the guinea pigs (for lack of a better term), to help them get the new system sorted so everyone else can follow. ;)

I know it's always hard to move into a new home for both the end users as well as all the people on the back end. I'm happy and thankful for the opportunity to provide some direct insight on the other side. Like I posted earlier, I'm trying to do my best for you guys. All in all one of the best things about this game is it's community. I think it's one of if not the best and strongest communities out there. And although my feelings about the Sims 4 game itself are mixed, I will stick around to support the community.

You guys are AWESOME! B)

Great to hear about the improvements coming this way :) I must say I'd love to be able see to liked, agreed and lol'ed at a post again. PM's can defiantly be a problem after what happened with that troll o.O
    I defiantly like this new system and the improvements ^^
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
  • debsilva3debsilva3 Posts: 180 Member

Too many pages for me to read, but has it been noted that when you go to look at the list of badges, that it shows the date a particular badge was earned and also the last member that helped give you that badge?

For instance I earned the badge for 5 likes and below that badge it shows that I earned this on August 17 from friendsfan367.

Just thought I would share this as I think it is a neat idea.

Please feel free to add me on Origin. My username is mtglady
    I am also mtglady on the awesome Carl's Sims 4 Guide

If you can't talk to your cats about catnip, who will?

debsilva3 wrote: »
    Too many pages for me to read, but has it been noted that when you go to look at the list of badges, that it shows the date a particular badge was earned and also the last member that helped give you that badge?

For instance I earned the badge for 5 likes and below that badge it shows that I earned this on August 17 from friendsfan367.

Just thought I would share this as I think it is a neat idea.

Truth be told, the important information is all added to the 1st post the rest is more or less discussion
    I actually saw that today, it's a really nice detail.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thanks for the information OP! I've been lurking here for awhile but wasn't able to post before the forum update because I don't actually have any Sims 3 games. But I do have TS2 + EPs, TS2 Ultimate, TS4 Demo and TS4 pre-ordered via Amazon.

I'm happy I can post now and hopefully be helpful where I can. It was frustrating before wanting to share or jump in with an opinion and all I could do was read. I did learn a lot though. :)

Plus, I know now why I have to wait until I'm more active and have more points to share images of my CAS Demo creations. I think it's a good system in light of what I've read happened earlier around here.

Thanks again!
    @Karababy52
    Welcome, glad my post is effective ^^ Hope you enjoy it here :)
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just have to say something...the recent spat of new members...I notice some of them seem to pick on other simmer's on here O.o
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
    nekobear wrote: »
    I just have to say something...the recent spat of new members...I notice some of them seem to pick on other simmer's on here O.o

I also noticed that, is this the new trolling? They aren't going to earn any point to post pictures by doing this so maybe they are doing this now. It could turn out bad for other new members if EA needs to restrict posting as well
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I also noticed that, is this the new trolling? They aren't going to earn any point to post pictures by doing this so maybe they are doing this now. It could turn out bad for other new members if EA needs to restrict posting as well

or could be you know who from the last few times O.o
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • ImnotamooseImnotamoose Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2014
    Why am I still a plumming new member? I have more posts than @debsilva3 up there yet she's a member and I'm NOT! :cry:
    @Imnotamoose
    Glad to know you are not a moose haha

If you read the first post, you need 50 points. ;)
    06Bon06 wrote: »

or could be you know who from the last few times O.o
    I was thinking the same o.O They might have realized that even getting to member status takes too long so now they are just being rude :/
  • DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 471 Member
    Why am I still a plumming new member? I have more posts than @debsilva3 up there yet she's a member and I'm NOT! :cry:

@Imnotamoose You're relatively new, Deb has been around since 2009. Add to the fact that she has over 50 points and you're sitting at 48 is the reason you're still a newbie. Another like or so and you should reach member status though.

• munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

Just don't become a troll after you become a member please xD
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Just testing... 2 :D

nsnapshot_e0d731f8_00e13c09_zpsf40fdc99.jpg
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I think this whole point system is a little silly.
  • debsilva3debsilva3 Posts: 180 Member

I gave you a 'like' and an 'agree' so hope that moves you into member status. I don't post much but I have been around for quite some time. The Sims series and I are growing old together - lol!

munchie885 wrote: »

Just don't become a troll after you become a member please xD

Yes, please don't :D !

Please feel free to add me on Origin. My username is mtglady
    I am also mtglady on the awesome Carl's Sims 4 Guide

If you can't talk to your cats about catnip, who will?

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 21 New Member
    This post needs to be stickied.
  • haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    Even though I don't post too much, I still feel like I'm left out of the party. I've been on TS3's forums since 2009 and I'm still a 'new member' with 4 pts to go till 50. SO CLOSE AND YET SO FAR. *refuses to sob in the corner and holds her head up high in dramatic fashion*
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top