Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bon Voyage vs. World Adventures.

IF we get a new vacation/travel based EP, which would you rather have? A relaxing EP like Bon Voyage was, or an Indiana Jones-style one like World Adventures?

Comments

• ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Bon Voyage x1000.

That one actually felt like vacation, World Adventures was constantly "do this for me."
    keep on keepin' on
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Bon Voyage. I didn't like World Adventures AT ALL, it is one my least favorite EPs ever.
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited August 2014
    A relaxing EP like Bon Voyage.. I hated WA EP it was so quest based not a vacation at all ;)
    justlurking.gif
  • iamhectorsimsiamhectorsims Posts: 54 Member
    Bon Voyage for sure :D I never liked having irl places in The Sims 3 WA
    Ignore my lame username. Thanksss
  • DaNaeNae1DaNaeNae1 Posts: 120 Member
    when i played sims 2 bon voyage i was so upset i went right back home only thing i like was the food...i was so bored with it and i was so excited because everybody always votes bon voyage i like WA a lot china was my favorite place to visit ....Now for new vacations i think we should get like a Hawaii so we get the island feeling,i think we should get paris again just ten times better for those romantic sims ... YALL can keep Egypt because it sucked butt!
    The man upstairs is always watching
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I didn't mind World Adventures, but in TS3 it felt very out of place. Bon Voyage was always fun.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I enjoyed the exploration and puzzle solving aspect of tomb exploration in World Adventures. I didn't play Bon Voyage, so can't comment on that. I have the Sims 2 Ultimate now, but haven't gotten around to doing that yet. I would like another World Adventures type expansion pack, only less buggy.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    If you took world adventures, removed all the optional objectives, and added like 1/3 of Island Paradise you would have Bon Voyage.

So it can't really be an either or question for me.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I liked both. I think they should have differn't places for differn't things. Some pure vacation like, some more adventure. That way you can do whatever you feel like at the time.
  • LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    I'd like something like Bon Voyage, but with World Adventures type locations (meaning places similar to China, France, and Egypt).
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    I liked both. I think they should have differn't places for differn't things. Some pure vacation like, some more adventure. That way you can do whatever you feel like at the time.

I agree with that idea and why my cruise ship as one of the destinations would fit in. Have a couple for exploration adventures, and a couple purely vacation destinations.

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I didn't see the World Adventures as the TS3 equivalent for Bon Voyage, though they did share some similar elements. I enjoyed both of them for different reasons. Adventuring isn't necessarily vacationing. I actually did enjoy the adventures quite a bit, and in Bon Voyage I really didn't like the 'text' style adventures. I preferred buying a vacation home in BV over having to earn Visa status and buying homes in WA.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2014

I agree, RL places were kind of out place in TS3. But what bugged me the most is the lack of replay value. Once you have explored all the tombs with one sim...it just gets old. Plus, the puzzles were extremely easy, so I didn't see their point. Too linear and close-ended in my opinion. And don't get me started on the visa points...irritating!

I prefer a vacation themed EP any day. This is a sandbox game. So EA just give us some nice locations, fun activities, and let us create our own stories.
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    edited August 2014
    I liked that Bon Voyage FELT like a vacation. Having items that you could only purchase by going to that location (like jewelry) instead of having it all available in CAS. The different activities like the camp fire stories, axe throwing, all that stuff was awesome. I like WA, it was visually pretty but I didn't like that there was very little to do outside of the "Adventures" and a lot of those adventures involved running back and forth from one person to the next which ate up a ton of time. So some sort of hybrid would be nice. Perhaps allow adventures but offer a lot more in terms of public venues and activities like Isla Paradiso offered in its Resorts would be cool.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • TrishAKingTrishAKing Posts: 275 Member
    Maybe a mix of them both would be a good idea? I much prefer Bon Voyage to World Adventures though.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    World adventures was a sad attempt at rpg gameplay in the sims, bon voyage was a legit sandbox vacation expansion. I would prefer the bon voyage feel for sure, but world adventure style seems to match the questy goal oriented play of ts4, so that's probably more in the direction it'll go.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    QDog wrote: »

I agree, RL places were kind of out place in TS3. But what bugged me the most is the lack of replay value. Once you have explored all the tombs with one sim...it just gets old. Plus, the puzzles were extremely easy, so I didn't see their point. Too linear and close-ended in my opinion.

I prefer a vacation themed EP any day. This is a sandbox game. So EA just give us some nice locations, fun activities, and let us create our own stories.

I don't know why people say WA doesn't have replay value. I still use WA every single time I start a new Sim family. Its a must have xpac for me.

• SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    I quite enjoyed the exploration in World Adventures, but I can barely remember how Bon Voyage played. I wouldn't mind a mixture of both. I do enjoy a large world to explore... even though in Sims 4, you'll just teleport from one section of your vacation world to another. In World Adventures, I basically did vacation things too, like sightseeing and taking photographs of everything for the blog! Fishing and buying souvenirs! From time to time, I'll do the exploration missions, but only when I felt like it.
  • RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member
    The only reason I did the adventures was to be able to purchase a house in the specific location, which I thought was really nice. However the exploring was mandatory and that's not my idea of holiday. So I'll go for Bon Voyage, with the ability to straight away buy a holiday home there!
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Definitely a Sims 4 Bon Voyage. :)
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    World Adventures. I found Bon Voyage boring.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • HatchlingHatchling Posts: 67 Member
    I didn't see the World Adventures as the TS3 equivalent for Bon Voyage, though they did share some similar elements. I enjoyed both of them for different reasons. Adventuring isn't necessarily vacationing. I actually did enjoy the adventures quite a bit, and in Bon Voyage I really didn't like the 'text' style adventures. I preferred buying a vacation home in BV over having to earn Visa status and buying homes in WA.

The bolded part for sure. They were different to me. I did LOVE the France world and often had sims live there (I had a mod that gave visa level 1 like a hundred days or something, so no worries about being booted home for a long while!). I guess I'd like to see a sort of mix. I wanted a beach world in WA, would have traded that for Egypt for sure.