Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Bustin Out Thread

2...Next

Comments

• BenikariamuroBenikariamuro Posts: 40 Member
    The one and only console Sims game i truly enjoyed, it was such a fun experience and i wish i still had my disc!
  • GreenDayGreenDay Posts: 669 Member
    This was my very first Sims series game that I owned. I had played The Sims on my friends' computer, but at the time didn't have a computer for myself that was strong enough to play it. Now years on I own all EP's/SP's for TS1, TS2, and most for TS3.

I should break out the ole' Gamecube and check out how Pat Newbie is doing (I had no idea how to play the console version so I accidentally saved my sim with that default name lol)
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    Love this game! It was my very first Sims game I've ever played. :)
    ldauop39735.png
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2014
    This was one of my favorite Sims game <3 . I have it for Ps2. It was so challenging, and you traveled by automobile and could upgrade to different ones (in story mode). Also there was no guarantee that if you start over, you'll get the same paths. I remember the first time I played story mode, it was quite simple and challenging (I was somewhat new to the sims franchise). I eventually moved out of mom's house, then into Duddley's (I believe that's how it's spelled), then Mimi, and then the Art museum, and so on until I got to the dance club. I was doing well. However, my saved game was deleted and I had to start over (ughh, I was upset). Nothing happened the same. It took more time to get money from mom, I moved into Mimi's house, then the museum, next the dance club, and then the gym.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited August 2014
    I had Bustin' Out for GBA. It was so much fun, I had full relationship points with everyone and game really close to beating the game but never did because I couldn't find the cliff diving section. I think I still have it laying around somewhere I should dig it out and try to play again.
  • Stuart92Stuart92 Posts: 44 Member
    Great game. Used to spend hours playing it. I spent most of my time on the free play mode which also worked well for two players.
  • JairswynJairswyn Posts: 77 Member
    My first sims game, I had it on gamecube. I really enjoyed it but when I started to play it it scared me, ghosts were freaky and the scary music that plays when you're fired or get robbed literally traumatized me.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I loved this game, sorry, still love not loved lol, anyways, I played this game so much that my first pS2 console died then went and got another one and then continued playing this game until my console died again and all in all, I ended up having 3 PS2 consoles but now my 4th PS2 console is still working-fingers crossed and fired up this game again-ah, the memories are back again! love it! :smiley:
  • ladyc672ladyc672 Posts: 132 Member
    Ahhh... Bustin' Out. I had this game for the Xbox. I played the computer version of the first Sims at my best friend's house, and I was already a fan of the SimCity series from college. I loved the stereo music from this game, and the DJ booth when you moved to Club Rubb...was that the name?? Anyway, I plan to find an original Xbox and play this game soon, for old times' sake! The only thing I didn't like was after a certain point your child left home to go to boarding school, and you never saw them grow up... :'(
  • samclairs97samclairs97 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey can someone help me? I saw some trailers of the Sims Bustin Out on Youtube and it showed things that you can't do in the actual game. Like for instance, two people riding on the scooter. Another thing was you could control uncontrollable characters and you could get clothing items from the original Sims console game. Search up Sims Bustin Out trailer and watch the one by PlanetSims.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2019
    I started out with this on GBA. It was the reason I ended up with a GameCube in the first place LOL I loved the feature where you could send your Sim back and forth between the 2 versions. I wish they would re-release this for DS.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I loved the portable version. It was like an RPG which was cool. It was fun. Oh, and it was the Rooster you are thinking of that was powerful and could attack. ;)

LOL My Sim got attacked by that bloody Veloci Rooster a few times
  • quantumgeek333quantumgeek333 Posts: 5 New Member
    I played this for GBA the other day! Someone stole my toilet...
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I’ve been playing this (PS2) recently. My Sim got to the top of her fourth career, was at Malcolm’s Mansion. She had about 11 friends. I turned off the TV the other day (don’t know if it was yesterday or the day before)... I turned it on again today. I clearly hadn’t pressed the start button... all the lights were off. All the dining room chairs and the stereo had been stolen (plus a few other things, I couldn’t tell). Her Social need was in the red, although all the other needs were fine. ALL her relationships were at zero. The careers tab on the pause menu showed she’d reached the top of three careers and was at level 9 with the fourth, even though I clearly remember getting to the very top of the fourth. Actually, she was unemployed altogether. Worst of all, her husband was dead. No idea how, the fridge was still there (I think) and there was no evidence of a fire or anything like that. I can only assume the game was somehow running even though the television was turned off. It was bizarre. I exited without saving and then restarted. Everything back to normal except that she was back at The Octagon (scientist career) and hadn’t moved to Malcolm’s place to get the level 10 promotion.
  • zzizzzizzzizzziz Posts: 1 New Member
    Between Bustin' Out and the original Sims 1 game on PS2/Gamecube, I'm not sure which one I like more. Recently, I've been discovering some crazy things about the console Sims 1. I registered for an account here so I could share my findings, but I don't know how to create a new thread lol