Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Is The Game Overpriced? Enlighten me.

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    keyb0x wrote: »
    rk800 wrote: »
    The fact that this "game" is the same price as GTA V? That is what's ridiculous.

I'm not getting the comparison.

apparently some people think the GTAV is packed full of content.... lol beat the game over the weekend and the online was littered with trash talking 12 year olds so I left.

To be fair, GTAV has an open world, unlike Sims 4, which I was expecting would have an open world..

Yeah, but GTA V and The Sims 4 are two completely different games.
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    edited August 2014
    The fact that this "game" is the same price as GTA V? That is what's ridiculous.

apparently some people think the GTAV is packed full of content.... lol beat the game over the weekend and the online was littered with trash talking 12 year olds so I left.

Someone was saying that GTAV has the biggest budget in video game history and was showing how it also suffers from clipping issues, and every day now I'm seeing how people want Rockstar to develop the game and that GTAV is a good comparison to the sims... As much as I love Rockstar's games, it just doesn't make any sense. :p

And yeah, I heard they still haven't implemented heists and such yet, either. Guess they're busy working on that tasty PC port and the ports for X1 and PS4.

That AND as someone else mentioned, most triple A titles are sub $60.
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    joop123 wrote: »

I never play it online. I fly solo in GTA thanks.
    There is a lot you can do once you get past all the missions.
    But GTA doesn't have emotions.... lol

Yes it does people scream and run in fear when you shoot at them... realistic emotions. Sims run towards the fire and watch...

Oh true :P i never thought about that :P
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member

Yes it does people scream and run in fear when you shoot at them... realistic emotions. Sims run towards the fire and watch...

AAAW, I was looking forward to another Opra pic... :( hahaha
    You know you've played too much GTA when you driving around town and say "I'd totally steal that in GTA!"

HAHA, totally agree. I love GTA!
  • JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

To be fair, GTAV has an open world, unlike Sims 4, which I was expecting would have an open world..

Well of course it isn't but it's just a comparison of how much GTAV had compared to Sims game wise and the price.
    I expected GTAV to be the price it was as it was, open world, an actual story line, mini game etc. Sims 4, I kind of didn't expect to be that expensive (a part of me did, almost all games are expensive as they come out, I get it.) I feel like Sims 4 just lacks something, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe once I get it (which won't be right away by the way) it'll prove me wrong.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
    edited August 2014
    simsluvr90 wrote: »

some people flagged me in another post for it :P sorry
    giphy.gif

•New Zealand
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

• AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    Maybe all games now are overpriced when they come out. I personally I can wait. They'll drop in time. The only sims3 game you can't buy right now for a reasonable price is Sweet Treats, everything else is available. So, if you can wait, I say wait. The only way they can charge ridiculous prices is because people will pay them. If you can't wait, well, then the choice is yours. But, Sims4 without the eps will be boring, and I have unfinished business with Sims3. Plus the first eps will be something lackluster, that's the way it was for sims1, sims2, and sims3. Livin' Large, University, and World Adventures are some of the least desirable eps, and if you get sims4 the day it comes out you will be compelled to buy them for the full price.

giphy.gif

Ugh this flag button... Those are hilarious! HAHA

giphy.gif

Ugh this flag button... Those are hilarious! HAHA

tumblr_lr35dhSwoV1r2djs8o1_r1_400.gif
    •New Zealand

• AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    Here in Canada the limited edition is $69.99 plus tax so about $80.00 I'll be paying, wish it was a bit cheaper.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Posts: 119 Member
    Sims run towards the fire and watch...

So i heard this weekend Betty is watching Sandy's newborn....

Betty and her internet habits... left_right066.gif
    BabyFire.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Well of course it isn't but it's just a comparison of how much GTAV had compared to Sims game wise and the price.
    I expected GTAV to be the price it was as it was, open world, an actual story line, mini game etc. Sims 4, I kind of didn't expect to be that expensive (a part of me did, almost all games are expensive as they come out, I get it.) I feel like Sims 4 just lacks something, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe once I get it (which won't be right away by the way) it'll prove me wrong.

I think, with TS4, it's just that it's unlike TS3 in the sense where, in TS3, you're told it has feature 1, 2, and 3 and that's that. With TS4, you really need to actually delve into the game itself to find out what makes it so great. Just from what I've heard from people who've actually previewed and played TS4 at Gamescom and my experience with TS2.
  • ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member

While that is definitely something to consider for fans of GTA, I am not one of those and therefore the comparison isn't really valid for me.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    By today's standards, it really isn't. From what I've noticed, a good portion of the people complaining tend to be people who had unrealistic expectations to begin with. For example, I've seen a few people complain about the look of the Sims in TS4. Meanwhile, in both TS2 and TS3, they were using CC to drastically change how the Sims looked. If you were expecting them to go from the vanilla style of TS2/TS3 to just modeling Sims to look like real people, well, that's unrealistic.

If you compare the base game content of TS4 to the base game content of TS3, it's really a huge step up. Just play the base game of TS3 (WITHOUT ANY PATCHES) and compare it to the base game of TS4 when/if you get it. It should be very clear that TS4 is the winner in so many categories from CAS content (hair, clothing, etc.) to gameplay content (interactions, skills, AI, socialization, etc.). I've followed the game for so long, researched, watched the videos, and it's just hard to see people say that it's not.

I like you, we have always been civil and we've had some good discussions, but no, just because the new game has plenty of pink rocks, pink trees, and pink hidden areas, doesn't make it a better base than the TS3. If that's the new features you are thinking about. :p (And I don't even like TS3 as much as the others).

If you want to compare it to TS2's base then no, sorry, my friend it's still lacking.

ETA: oops, OP, MMORPGs cost $60 to $100, I don't expect The Sims to cost that much. Not this time seeing as how it's not up to par with the others nor the current games that are going to be released around the same time. I think EA is dreaming.

ETA: Sorry, I forgetting my points. Sim City was expensive and it sells today for $19.99 or a bundle for $29 or is that $39...that tells me EA is really dreaming this time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Neoyoshi wrote: »
    Sims run towards the fire and watch...

So i heard this weekend Betty is watching Sandy's newborn....

Betty and her internet habits... left_right066.gif
    BabyFire.jpg

LOL!! THIS is why I wish we could still LOL, like and agree all in one post.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    By today's standards, it really isn't. From what I've noticed, a good portion of the people complaining tend to be people who had unrealistic expectations to begin with. For example, I've seen a few people complain about the look of the Sims in TS4. Meanwhile, in both TS2 and TS3, they were using CC to drastically change how the Sims looked. If you were expecting them to go from the vanilla style of TS2/TS3 to just modeling Sims to look like real people, well, that's unrealistic.

If you compare the base game content of TS4 to the base game content of TS3, it's really a huge step up. Just play the base game of TS3 (WITHOUT ANY PATCHES) and compare it to the base game of TS4 when/if you get it. It should be very clear that TS4 is the winner in so many categories from CAS content (hair, clothing, etc.) to gameplay content (interactions, skills, AI, socialization, etc.). I've followed the game for so long, researched, watched the videos, and it's just hard to see people say that it's not.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect things like pools, toddlers, ghosts, family trees, and firefighters (yes, firefighters are confirmed not in the game) to be in the 4th generation of a life simulator game being released in 2014.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    Weather, pets, vacation destinations, have always been addons later down the line.
    Graphics are fine. People need to start learning Art Style will always beat out graphics.

I'm not saying those things are missing from the base game. I'm saying that I have them right now, so what is my incentive to change?

As for the graphics, everything in Sims 4 looks like Pixar to me. I like my Pixar on the big screen, not in my computer games. I like the graphic style of Sims 3, so for me, Sims 4 is a MAJOR downgrade. If you like Pixar, cool. I do when it's in a movie. In my games, I want the world to look like Sunlit Tides or Monte Vista, not the 1970s version of "Bambi."

I think, with TS4, it's just that it's unlike TS3 in the sense where, in TS3, you're told it has feature 1, 2, and 3 and that's that. With TS4, you really need to actually delve into the game itself to find out what makes it so great. Just from what I've heard from people who've actually previewed and played TS4 at Gamescom and my experience with TS2.

This could be true. I'm honestly hoping it'll prove me wrong. Just to be on the safe side (along with money side since I at the moment can't afford it at the moment) I will be waiting to see how others like it.
    Don't get me wrong, I want Sims 4 and am also excited about it, but I also want to make sure I'm going to like it before I buy it. haha!
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    The way I look at it (other than the whole inflation thing) is this: I pay $60 for a game and then the value of that is basically how much use I get from it. I bought GTA V, and I played it about 8 hours before getting bored so I suppose I could say I got my money's worth, although I could have also seen about 8 movies at about 2 hours a piece for the same price. If I play Sims 4 longer which I intend to, I get my money's worth. But if I saw no value in the game because of lack of interest, it wouldn't be a good investment.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Amanda1280Amanda1280 Posts: 65 Member
    In Canada the sims 4 probably costs $90-$100! Glad I don't live there! So be happy that it costs you $60.