Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• WildForrestWildForrest Posts: 54 Member
    @06Bon06

That's typical. It takes only one to ruin for so many. :(

(There's something strange going on with this page now. I can't quote properly)

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @06Bon06

That's typical. It takes only one to ruin for so many. :(

(There's something strange going on with this page now. I can't quote properly)

Yeah it sucks but unfortunately it's the easiest way to protect the rest.
    I blaming the troll for breaking it :'(
  • mrsunseenmrsunseen Posts: 88 Member
    I missed the Sonic madness as Mapiya said but am excited to get posting so I can share some of my Sims from the Demo!
    mrsunseen wrote: »
    I missed the Sonic madness as Mapiya said but am excited to get posting so I can share some of my Sims from the Demo!

You are very lucky
    Glad to see you aren't a recent member lol Hope you can post soon ^^
  • lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    Thanks for posting this, was wondering why my quote were different to everyone else's. Bit annoying since I've been a member for years.
    @lym81 Glad to help. Someone created a points thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771671/for-the-people-that-need-more-points-so-that-they-can-post#latest

Since you are an older user, I'm sure they won't mind helping you if you want your normal features back.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    edited August 2014
    lym81 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, was wondering why my quote were different to everyone else's. Bit annoying since I've been a member for years.

You have one like from me for your little roscoe in your avatar (gotta love yorkies!)

Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    lym81 wrote: »

You have one like from me for your little roscoe in your avatar (gotta love yorkies!)

Thank you <3
  • grimacediagrimacedia Posts: 42 Member
    I'm honestly surprised this forum has had such an issue with trolls, but a waiting period mixed with requirements (like post/point counts) should help. I just wish quoting wasn't limited since we can do it any way with the arrows.
  • PurpleAthenaOwlPurpleAthenaOwl Posts: 101 Member
    This point thing is a little weird but I get why they put it in.
  • ameekabrambleameekabramble Posts: 190 Member
    I tried to get the facebook connect badge for 10 points, but it doesn't seem to be working. I had already liked the page several months ago, so I just posted a quick comment. No badge. Any suggestions?
    Origin ID: libraryrose4
    @ameekabramble Sorry, I can't help you there. I just tried earning the badge myself but I'm not getting it either. Does your facebook use the same email address as this account? It may also just be taking a while to go through :)
  • leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    I think you may need some likes and agrees maybe? i will agree with your post and that will help.
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• ameekabrambleameekabramble Posts: 190 Member
    Well I finally got my 50 points so i'm now a regular member. Thank you for the likes! I'm still not sure about that facebook badge. I think I used the same email for both facebook and sims, but not totally sure off the top of my head.
    Origin ID: libraryrose4
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Well I finally got my 50 points so i'm now a regular member. Thank you for the likes! I'm still not sure about that facebook badge. I think I used the same email for both facebook and sims, but not totally sure off the top of my head.

Okay just make sure you don't troll us now lols... I'll be watching you...
    marceline_zpse850be84.gif
  • emenemmsemenemms Posts: 40 Member
    im guessing new members also cant start new threads. at what point am i considered a member? i have already commented on a few things and agreed on many posts.
    emenemms wrote: »
    im guessing new members also cant start new threads. at what point am i considered a member? i have already commented on a few things and agreed on many posts.

Just read the first post, it has everything you need to know ^^ New members can create their own posts ;)
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Just read the first post, it has everything you need to know ^^ New members can create their own posts ;)

Even though they shouldn't be able too...
    bridesmaids-gif-wine_zps02ebb9f0.gif
  • Grneydbandit0Grneydbandit0 Posts: 1,050 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

:P, i was glad i was able to

munchie885 wrote: »

That better be Nectar o.O >.>
  • randombogganrandomboggan Posts: 194 Member
    @06Bon06

Yes, seems it's a 24 hour wait period to go along with the points. Because it automatically upgraded me to Member now, and did so at a time I didn't score a point. I think I registered around this time yesterday.
  • legagzlegagz Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks for this! I'm not new, I've just been a lurker for a long time
  • RocketdogRocks99RocketdogRocks99 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm a little late to this thread, but what was the "trolling epidemic we faced"? I guess I haven't been around on here long enough to remember xD what happened?
  • Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    > @MissHoney118 said:<br />
    > It would be great if new members couldn't flag posts, and maybe not even disagree.<br />
    <br />
    Technically, I'm not a new member...I've lurked for years...just have always been too shy to really say too much...I've been trying to come out of my shell more and post. I hate that I am considered a new member and can't post links or things like that.

Now you're a member. :)
    I'm a little late to this thread, but what was the "trolling epidemic we faced"? I guess I haven't been around on here long enough to remember xD what happened?

Story Time!
    At first we had this troll that would show up randomly and post rude explicit cartoon p.orn everywhere. Literally. Every thread that was trending would get some of these picture that were large in the amount where they took up almost an entire page alone. Only after flagging by a large majority of people did they go away.

Yesterday we the New members needing 50 points was implemented and everyone thought they were free from being harrassed. But we were wrong. The troll pretended to be a regular member and earned his/hers points just like everyone elses until he was able to post again. But the worst was the thread was being updated or something along those lines so the moderators werent able to ban this user at all. And if I understood correctly the troll had a flag abuse of 2 thousands when they finally did ban him and this went on for atleast 5 hours...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top