Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Color Magic - bugfix

Comments

• QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    I reinstalled s4pe, the editting thing worked but the demo still crashes sadly enough :(
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    Did you get a 'cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged' error? That can result from loading the CAS with s4pe still open.
  • SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
    The current S4PE is a little buggy after you import a DDS to RLE. The bug has been identified and fixed on github. I'm planning to release a new version this week (probably the finale pre-release one before the game comes out).

PS: I do check the posts here. But due to the overwhelming amount of posts, I'm not able to read all of them. You can either post the bug or suggestion on Simlogical or @ my name. Thanks.
    You can find my S4PE here.
  • Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    zosiah wrote: »
    I downloaded the DDS plugin for photoshop, and when i open up my dds file, photoshop says "could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."

Did you download and install the 64 bit and the 32 bit DDS plugin for photoshop? I had to download and install both to get DDS working in my Photoshop.

• KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Srikandi715
    Thank you so much. You've fixed all the things!
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Sweet! That got the custom cropped PJs working, and @Granthes, I already had downloaded the newer version BUT I was using the exported packages from the previous (broken) version, which is why they weren't showing up. haha.
    Now to get more things done and try some custom swatches...
    Thanks again to @Granthes and @Srikandi715 :D
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    @KitOnlyHuman @simfeetunder : Awesome! Delighted you guys have things working.

@SimKuree: Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. And thanks for the tool :)
  • John4626John4626 Posts: 155 Member
    Zosiah, try dumping the file you want to open on your desktop, and right clicking on the file and clicking 'open with...' and selecting to open it with photoshop. Every once in awhile my photoshop program says the same thing to me, but once you force it to open one, then it seems to do so in the future.
    Banner_zpsa6d528fe.png
  • MgTMaGGoTMgTMaGGoT Posts: 6 New Member
    Can anyone help me? I'm trying to customize a shirt (a buttoned untucked one, the one with the tie) but for some reason it either makes that one invisible (plus like 6 more) or it crashes. It has a swatch in S4PE, even though I told ColorMagic to use a custom one, it maintains the original one, if I delete the original one, the shirt (plus the 6 others) goes invisible (actually, the 6 go invisible, the shirt I customized has a blank "icon" with a red X in it). If I don't delete the original swatch in S4PE and add a custom one in CM, i can pick the shirt, but not the modded one, it will crash even after all fixes listed here. Hope someone can help :)
    > @MgTMaGGoT said:
    > Can anyone help me? I'm trying to customize a shirt (a buttoned untucked one, the one with the tie) but for some reason it either makes that one invisible (plus like 6 more) or it crashes. It has a swatch in S4PE, even though I told ColorMagic to use a custom one, it maintains the original one, if I delete the original one, the shirt (plus the 6 others) goes invisible (actually, the 6 go invisible, the shirt I customized has a blank "icon" with a red X in it). If I don't delete the original swatch in S4PE and add a custom one in CM, i can pick the shirt, but not the modded one, it will crash even after all fixes listed here. Hope someone can help :)

For fixing the swatch image in s4pe I've had success with using 'replace...' in the right click menu rather than the load image or load dds options. Make sure the replacement image is in the right format a 32x32 DDS. If the clothing/item you are starting with in ColourMagic already has an image swatch (more than just a colour) then don't add/remove one in ColourMagic, that's how you end up with two in s4pe. You only need to mess with adding a swatch image for clothing/items that don't start with one.

Invisible clothes could be a problem with your dds image. For me I got that problem when using the gimp plugin to generate mips (it actually seemed to add them as layers). I found two ways to get around this 1) overwriting the original dds rather than using 'Export As...' from gimp, this seemed to bypass the plugin's weird mip creation or 2) creating the mips in an external tool (for me visual studio).
    > @MyreMylar said:
    >
    It is so frustrating, it either works or it doesn't, now I replaced the "original" swatch image with a custom one via S4PE, it's in S4CAS, but it crashes when I try to select it, for some reason everything crashes (I tried customizing shoes and some other stuff, nothing works) except for things I've added yesterday, some t-shirts and tattoos.
    edited August 2014
    > @simfeetunder said:
    > MgTMaGGoT try this: *I can't post links yet*

I tried everything, every possible fix I know off and nothing seems to work, so weird how it first worked on things and all of a sudden it doesn't.

*EDIT*
    Even renaming the package didn't solve the crash...
    Still getting the crash on hovering your swatch even after using the Srikandi715 method from earlier? Perhaps it's time to start over, keep hold of your textures and run through the whole process again.

Making sure you have the latest versions of s4pe and ColourMagic too can't hurt I guess. Oh and making sure you've cleared out any old packages from your mods folder!
  • zosiahzosiah Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Everytime I open up my CC, the CAS Demo crashes. It was working fine earlier this morning, and I'm doing everything like I normally do. Anyone know why thats happening now? My S4PE is closed too.
  • OreoLissOreoLiss Posts: 4 New Member
    Perfect!
    Anyone figured out how to edit the normal/bump/specular map? I've made some cool shirts and shoes but they look off because of the bump and specular maps :( .
  • synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    for reference if you have a cc item and its working fine but then anything else (example: a set of tees) on the same mesh wont, just completley rename the .package and it works.... i found this out by naming it "frustration"
    buy artpop on itunes
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    When I go into CM and remove, then add a swatch to the maxi dress and then I go to s4pe and open it up it has two _IMG files listed... one is the default swatch and the other is the CM one.
    I'm not sure which one to replace but I replaced both of them and it worked in the game, which is good.
    I don't remember it having two of them before though?
    HSon1Mq.png
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    @simfeetunder,

CM is just being careful :smile: It doesn't delete the original from the package (or from the CASP references) and adds a new one. You only need to replace the one that has C/M in it. And you can probably delete the other one, but I'm not 100% sure (which is why it is still in the package)
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited August 2014
    @granthes - I just wanted to let you know that I found the most interesting... Bug? Feature? Fact! When I pulled the package with CM and made the unique id have "FEMALES" in the title, all caps, no matter how much I tried to fix the instance it wouldn't work. It worked with "MALES" and "BOTH" so I'm thinking it's a flag for too many capital letters or something. Nothing bad, just changing the way I name my files is easy enough. But it might be something you come across later.

Edit: I'm testing it now to see if perhaps it was having two "Female" words in the unique id. I was trying out Female_Tank_Title_Black for organization purposes.

Edit: Nvm. Seems it was because of the two "females" in the unique id. >.> Worked fine when I replaced it with "WOMEN" instead. ... Don't mind me! Just trying to help! XD
  • arthurd1arthurd1 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for update! =D But, I don't understand, why my game crashes when I choose another category of something: "none/nude, black hair, red hair, or nothing".

Sorry, but I want to use the tool in portuguese. How I use the resourse translate? :3
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    arthurd1 wrote: »
    Thanks for update! =D But, I don't understand, why my game crashes when I choose another category of something: "none/nude, black hair, red hair, or nothing".<br />
    <br />
    Sorry, but I want to use the tool in portuguese. How I use the resourse translate? :3

Two issues here.
    1. the causes of the crashes are not understood. There is a work-around that might help at the beginning of this thread.
    2. it is far too early to think about localizing a tool like this. It is under constant development and updating multiple languages would be far too cumbersome. Once the game comes out and things are better understood, localization will be possible.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • mattyshadymattyshady Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Ok so here's a question. I'm making this ripped T.. and it doesn't crash the game(default replacement) if I try to make it non-default it crashes. But it does this almost faded tan color for the first part of the rip when the clothing is on the sim.

if i edit the other file in s4pe (i think it's the spec file) and I touch it at all, the entire sims skin goes black. Check the pics and see if you have any suggestions because lately I have had like ZERO luck with creating CC.

before editing the spec file
    h ttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvcBpYnIEAAEqjz.jpg

after

h ttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvcBc9HIgAAHCD6.png

It wont let me embed the image for some reason the forums isn't allowing me to do that right now.

also it says I have to be around longer to post links... so I'm really getting the run around here so I had to separate the link a bit
  • arthurd1arthurd1 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Anyway, is a perfect tool. =D