Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• PiclikPiclik Posts: 36 Member
    @wormofthebook has 54 points and is a member so I don't know...
    Origin ID: Piclik

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @simbolisme

That my very well be it, maybe they added a time constriction as well- you can't be a member until you've been here for a certain amount of time. I'd love to know what is the time period.
  • Baby_Girl_FiBaby_Girl_Fi Posts: 408 Member
    I'm a little confused I looked at the badges and I wonder how does one gain awesome and insightful since there are no buttons that I see that do this?
  • Lylee666Lylee666 Posts: 28 Member
    Well this isn't necesseraly a bad idea. Will prevent trolling.
    I'm a little confused I looked at the badges and I wonder how does one gain awesome and insightful since there are no buttons that I see that do this?

I think they either removed those buttons or are planning to add them again. At the moment it's impossible to earn them :)
  • PiclikPiclik Posts: 36 Member
    @simbolisme @06Bon06 I joined the forum on July 2012 but I only started to use it 3-4 days ago.
    Origin ID: Piclik

• simbolismesimbolisme Posts: 124 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @simbolisme

That my very well be it, maybe they added a time constriction as well- you can't be a member until you've been here for a certain amount of time. I'd love to know what is the time period.

Me too. It certainly seems to affect people who have joined within the last 24 hours.

...................nothing going on here.............................................................................no, absolutely nothing!
    Piclik wrote: »
    @simbolisme @06Bon06 I joined the forum on July 2012 but I only started to use it 3-4 days ago.

I think your join date matters now, the other person here that has 100 points joined earlier today.
  • simbolismesimbolisme Posts: 124 Member
    Piclik wrote: »

Lurking is not a crime - or I would be in DEEP trouble. >:)

...................nothing going on here.............................................................................no, absolutely nothing!
  • WildForrestWildForrest Posts: 54 Member
    So if you are a member you don't go back to being a new member again it seem. I became a member yesterday when it still was a 50 points limit and I'm still a member today even though I have only 59 points at the moment - and I joined two days ago.
  • DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 471 Member
    I noticed that also about the join date and was gonna point it out but no need now since it's been said.

I'm glad join date matters now. Now they need to add the Avatar as a member privilege as well. That way the trolls can't change them to whatever they think will get attention!
    So if you are a member you don't go back to being a new member again it seem. I became a member yesterday when it still was a 50 points limit and I'm still a member today even though I have only 59 points at the moment - and I joined two days ago.

@WildForrest I got my eye on you

Kidding, I'm kidding...

O.o
    2 days... interesting, it doesn't seem like the upped the points but maybe added a 24 hour trail period.
  • Grneydbandit0Grneydbandit0 Posts: 1,050 Member
    i think once you become a member, you stay a member unless you get a lot of negative response. at least that's what i was seeing last night.
    Weird...

My posts aren't showing up now.

Testing (Hello is this thing on?)

Seem my reply didn't post, I'm also getting notification for things that don't exist :/
    I said, it doesn't seem like they increased the 50 point limit but rather added a 24h trail period.
    Daijahv wrote: »
    Weird...

Lol, I've been getting your notification but saw nothing. I started to think I'm crazy :P

Seem my reply didn't post, I'm also getting notification for things that don't exist :/
    I said, it doesn't seem like they increased the 50 point limit but rather added a 24h trail period.

YES! That's happening to me too Bon! WTH? I replied to WildForrest and it didn't show.

That explains it. I think a 24h trial period i still a bit short though.

Weird...

Lol, I've been getting your notification but saw nothing. I started to think I'm crazy :P

Lol! Ok, glad it wasn't me. I think pg. 16 was glitched or something.

I was saying that I noticed that same thing about join dates but since it was mentioned there was no need to bring it up. I'm glad that it did stop new trolls from spamming the forums. And I was curious if they'd link the avatar to new members too and try and perhaps keep them from changing their avatar until they are here a certain amount of time. Let them keep the green plumpbob so everyone can see "this person is new" and keep trolling to a minimum.

And @WildForrest I have my eye on you

Kidding! I'm kidding...

O.o

@Daijahv

I don't know how to post pictures on this forum yet. But when I do...... >:)
    Weird...

Lol! Ok, glad it wasn't me. I think pg. 16 was glitched or something.

I was saying that I noticed that same thing about join dates but since it was mentioned there was no need to bring it up. I'm glad that it did stop new trolls from spamming the forums. And I was curious if they'd link the avatar to new members too and try and perhaps keep them from changing their avatar until they are here a certain amount of time. Let them keep the green plumpbob so everyone can see "this person is new" and keep trolling to a minimum.

And @WildForrest I have my eye on you

Kidding! I'm kidding...

O.o

I agree, I was scarred more by the Avi than the pictures because they were removed quicker than the troll. I'm looking at new members now to try and figure out the time limit :lol:

A week would be better though :P

Or even a month or two. It would be a very dedicated troll to wait around just to mess with people. Though I guess they have no lives and technically all they do is hang out to mind plum people (no that's not censored, I typed plum.)

Or even a month or two. It would be a very dedicated troll to wait around just to mess with people. Though I guess they have no lives and technically all they do is hang out to mind plum people (no that's not censored, I typed plum.)

It would suck though if you are a new member ready to share pics of sims and now you have to wait forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top