Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion on how to get rid of the troll.

Comments

• LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    Ok so as you all know we have a bit of a troll problem so I figured to give some helpful advice though this thread. So my advice is by completely ignoring them. They starve for attention so when they realize there is none here they leave (usually) by doing this no one should comment on how gross the picture they have is, dont comment on their posts, ignore them and dont give them any of your attention. Just pretend they aren't there don't even talk about them anymore. I know its hard since its disturbing but please ignore the trolls it will give them nothing to troll about since they wont get any reactions. Though my thread kinda ignores the dont talk about the troll but I think in this case its fine to bring awareness on how we can get rid of this troll. Any other suggestions are great but remember to not acknowledge them if they post in here which im sure they will comment on this thread since I am acknowledging there is a troll but just ignore them please.
    troll.jpg

Take a look here, please....

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771484/suggestion-request-for-forum-mods#latest
  • xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    i just flagged you.

taemingif.gif
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    i just flagged you.

OMG!!! All hail this simmers pixel power, you keyboard warrior you!
  • Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    Just report do not reply
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    The more you react the more they troll. If you can't not react then log off the forums for a few days.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Oh my god. What is with this person? :( Really makes me not want to come here, but I actually like this forum when there aren't trolls so :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    The particular troll we have been suffering lately doesn't need feeding or encouragement. Threads like this don't feed him/her. The troll happily choses any threads that are active and disrupts the conversations with posts of images that scroll forever before one can reach the flag button. With the absence of active forum moderation and absence of an Ignore button there is literally no way to "ignore" the troll.

I actually think the opposite of the OP. Forums like this are a place for members to socialize and discuss the current topics of the state of the game. Unfortunately, the newness of this forum, how it works, and our current troll are current topics. Threads like this actually serve a purpose when a troll attack occurs. The troll is seeking the highest volume threads to get as much exposure and reads of his antics as possible so he goes for the active threads. I'd rather he did it in a thread like this than a serious thread discussing game features. At least he will be on topic. It also give the troll a target leading him away from other threads.

Like I said. I don't think this particular troll is helped or hindered by "feeding" him or a lack thereof. Threads like this do offer members a topic to discuss the issue and come up with helpful solutions like suggesting an Ignore button.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
    Oh my god. What is with this person? :( Really makes me not want to come here, but I actually like this forum when there aren't trolls so :(

Maybe if there was support for this...

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771484/suggestion-request-for-forum-mods#latest
    edited August 2014
    The posts are getting buried but the innapropiate avatar is still visable This is how they have got around the limitation of a new user.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    God that most recent picture. I feel violated. :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Snosrap522 wrote: »
    Just report do not reply

I can't report. It says "You can't report this content". :(

BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
    xHareHarex wrote: »
    Just report do not reply

It's under the "flag" tag Hare...

• Baby_Girl_FiBaby_Girl_Fi Posts: 408 Member
    I find the latest generation of troll quite vulgar. I used to find them amusing in their silly games. I'm no child I've seen my fair share of vulgar imaging but on a website such as this that is supposed to be friendly and family orientated it's not called for. And I also find it shows the lack of entertainment available for young children during the holidays who feel that the only way to entertain themselves is by posting on a place such as this. I feel quite sorry for the poor "insert plum changing word here" who honestly has no life but to post on here all the time. As for ignoring or feeding the troll the more people discuss it the more he/she will feel they are succeeding and continue their silly idea. It's better to stop posting posts like this and just continue discussions around them. Yes you'll see images you shouldn't have to but please get over it. I'd rather see threads about the sims 4 with a troll in than whiny posts about the troll.
    Just report do not reply

I know. I did that and it said "You can't report this content".
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    A certain individual has set a new record for the shortest amount of time as a member before getting banned.

Remember

Keep calm and flag the trolls.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    Just report do not reply

Well, they got banned again... maybe you were trying to report right as they were banning him?
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I always feel really sad and sorry for forum trolls, there is nearly always something clearly going wrong in their real life that makes them lash out like this. They are unable to control their real life anxieties so they troll forums to get a reaction, any reaction.

There was a guy some while ago on the old sims 3 forum who would crop up every now and then, he had a personal blog site and it was so so sad. He just had the most awful homelife, I think he was about 15 so a pretty vulnerable age. If he posted and started to troll, I would distract him by asking how he was doing and steering the post away from his original intention and quite often it worked.

I know this doesn't work all the time and possibly it only works on a rare occasion, but no matter how horrible some of these forum trolls are and how much it upsets us, its probably nothing as bad as the things they are trying to cope with in real life. It doesn't excuse it, and we cannot fix their problems, but just try to feel a bit sympathetic. Just move on without comment and let them work it out.
    A certain individual has set a new record for the shortest amount of time as a member before getting banned.

Remember

Yes most people are not replying just reporting this obviously worked this time
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Its hard for me to flag someone or report someone if they aren't one of the last posters. Most of those options disappear into the next post for me.
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Its hard for me to flag someone or report someone if they aren't one of the last posters. Most of those options disappear into the next post for me.
    Go to their profile you can report from there

Remember

Having said that I do seem to have attracted my own personal troll - in the space of a few minutes somebody went all my and disliked them.
    tsNVdyA.png

• Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member

Remember

Having said that I do seem to have attracted my own personal troll - in the space of a few minutes somebody went all my and disliked them.

The same thing is happening to me.

i-am-99-percent-sure-that-you-dont-like-me-but-i-am-also-100-percent-sure-that-i-dont-care.jpg
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

edited August 2014
    I think I will wear as a badge of distinction.

You are not somebody on this forum unless you have been disagreed-trolled. :)
    tsNVdyA.png

• DrusillaDrusilla Posts: 155 Member
    Is the troll still around? I see the account from yesterday was banned.
    Just report do not reply

Well, they got banned again... maybe you were trying to report right as they were banning him?

Probably. I have great timing with these things XD

BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png