Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion on how to get rid of the troll.

Ok so as you all know we have a bit of a troll problem so I figured to give some helpful advice though this thread. So my advice is by completely ignoring them. They starve for attention so when they realize there is none here they leave (usually) by doing this no one should comment on how gross the picture they have is, dont comment on their posts, ignore them and dont give them any of your attention. Just pretend they aren't there don't even talk about them anymore. I know its hard since its disturbing but please ignore the trolls it will give them nothing to troll about since they wont get any reactions. Though my thread kinda ignores the dont talk about the troll but I think in this case its fine to bring awareness on how we can get rid of this troll. Any other suggestions are great but remember to not acknowledge them if they post in here which im sure they will comment on this thread since I am acknowledging there is a troll but just ignore them please.
troll.jpg

Comments

• rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    Yes, this has been suggested but thanks anyways.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    man I just wish I didn't have to resort to changing my setting's so I don't have to see those images...but yeah I get it...don't feed the trolls...but if it doe's continues a lot of simmer's are going to riot & burn the forums (just kidding) but really...I hope the mods, guru's or whoever run's this place get's to it asap D;
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    There are already several different threads about this, and each one just makes it worse.
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • JHBrownJHBrown Posts: 566 Member
    I believe these threads are exactly what trolls live for. This thread alone is giving them more adrenaline to keep the trolling alive.
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    * sniff sniff* I smell irony

HA! I didn't think about that! It really is, isn't it? Lol! xD
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    Is this thread needed? You're the only the millionth person to suggest this, you srsly didn't need to make a thread about this.
    Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    What he has been posting is a little hard to ignore when it's right in your face. I guess who ever is patrolling the forum will just have to stay on top of it if they return.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    I still say that along with all the other new shiny buttons.. we need an "ignore user" button.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited August 2014
    While I know this thread has the right idea, it's so hard to just ignore something when all you really want to express your frustrations with their actions. Sometimes we need to let those feelings out. :(

An ignore button would be ideal.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    I'm also going to say we might aswell just have an ignore button.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Yeah. If everybody literally stopped talking or acknowledging them for a week they would go away. Pretend as if they do not exist (although, naturally it is sometimes difficult).
    Failing that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDfqwHck2Qg
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    An interesting article here http://americablog.com/2014/02/dark-psychology-internet-trolls.html. Trolls are sadists, they are there to upset people. One person posted how upset she felt about the images so he specifically targeted her. He thriving on all the turmoil on the forum even going to the extent that people are arguing for even stricter controls on new users because of one rogue poster.

So if he posts again, don't post your reactions report him instead.

In other word keep calm and flag the troll.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    I agree, don't post, just flag. no remarks, say nothing just continue with the forum topic like nothing just happen.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeh - next time, I'll say nothing to the troll.

However, I did think chatting to the troll was a reasonable option - I thought it kind of worked - I'm sure it slowed him down with the pictures.

EDIT:
    I'm talking about the previous one.
    Post edited by plopppo on
  • JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    What he has been posting is a little hard to ignore when it's right in your face. I guess who ever is patrolling the forum will just have to stay on top of it if they return.

Actually, it's for us to patrol the forum. Mods don't know about inappropriate posts until we flag them.

As to disposing of the troll, may I suggest this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJde9kon8SY
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    how about some of this

mantisawaycopy.jpg
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Why does a certain brand of fly spray come to mind...
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't mind the pictures. It's not like I haven't seen a naked body before in a sexual situation.

But in general yes... the trolls can be annoying.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    As other have said, they live for attention. It's one thing to reply to him in established threads, but making a thread about him - even to try and help people deal with him - is the worst thing you can do. It's like closing the windows in your house to try to get a fly to leave.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • LilipiesLilipies Posts: 314 Member
    Guys really. Ignoring now won't do anything-just like with my little brother-he already knows it bothers people.
    Besides, he/she knows for a fact (without comments) that it bothers people, those pics are very vulgar and hard not to react to (if some stranger came into your house running around in their birthday suit, you shouldn't ignore that)
    tumblr_n4b0w18ct11rcso6uo3_250.gif
    check me out on the gallery!! origin id: simalie
  • LilipiesLilipies Posts: 314 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    Yeh - next time, I'll say nothing to the troll.

However, I did think chatting to the troll was a reasonable option - I thought it kind of worked - I'm sure it slowed him down with the pictures.

EDIT:
    I'm talking about the previous one.

Usually, with bullies(in real life), you're supposed to humor them and the situation. It's the second option to ignoring (since that's not gonna work)
    tumblr_n4b0w18ct11rcso6uo3_250.gif
    check me out on the gallery!! origin id: simalie
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    What troll? :O
  • JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Lilipies wrote: »
    Usually, with bullies(in real life), you're supposed to humor them and the situation. It's the second option to ignoring (since that's not gonna work)

Hammering the plum out of them can also prove an effective deterrent as well as being personally satisfying :)
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    An "ignore posts by user" feature would be nice.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png