Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Someone Create...

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
This is a long shot as I’m not sure if any world creator’s take on request but I have this idea for a world (I’ve attempted it myself but CAW doesn’t seem to like my comp.) and I was hoping someone could create it.

My idea is a desert town built within a crater where a meteorite fell.

The backstory would be something like…

World doesn't have a name yet- This once empty desert has become a place for scientist and those into the unknown to study the meteor and it’s secrets. Where scientist believe there’s a reasonable explanation for the meteor landing, others believe it’s the work of Aliens. With nether group giving in, only their discoveries will be able to tell them the truth.

I’d like a medium size world, if possible but it’ll be up to whomever takes on the request once you’ve seen what I’d like in the world. Houses and Community Lots don’t need to be pre-built unless you want to for whatever reasons as I’ve read somewhere that some creators like to build in the community lots for placement reasons or something like that.

All base game rabbit holes

Residential Lots-
Range from 20x30-40x40
1 Legacy Lot- 60x60

Community Lots-
Town Park/Festival Lot- 40x40
A Children’s Park- 30x40
Gym/Sports Center- 30x30 or 40x40
Community Pool- 30x40
Community Garden- 20x30
A couple Fishing Holes- 30x30
And I need 1 extra 40x40 for the Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts

I’d also like it if the lots were spaced out and not in a cluster exceptions would be like a plaza type lot where you might have the Theater, spa and bookstore. I’d like it if the science center was out on it’s own. I’ll draw out a sort of diagram to give an idea if it’s needed.

I have All Eps and Sps except KPSTs, Diesel & Movie Stuff. I own Hidden Springs, Dragon Valley, & Monte Vista in case you want use the rabbit holes from them.

List of Store Content:
Nursery Rhymes & Lullabies, Kids! 2010, Fun for Kids of All Ages, Man Cave, Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads, Local Motion Toddler Walker, Head start Playpen, Bohemina Garden, Luxe Kidswear, SwiftGro Gardening Station, Humble Harvest Stand, Infinite Zen Massage Table, Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts, Fabulous Fiesta!, Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, Surf's Up sun and Fun Wave Station, Double Down Poker and Roulette Bundle, Grandpa's Grove

This is my first time requesting for a world so I hope I covered everything let me know if you have any questions.
Post edited by cmbaker16 on

Comments

• cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Well I guess it is too close to sims 4 release...
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Well, first I'm going to be building a different world for practice, as it's been a while since I've created one. But, assuming all goes well and my schedule allows, I'd love to give this a try! :D
    Are you needing this by a certain time?
    edited August 2014
    No I don't need it by a certain time and i'm very patient...I just had the idea for the world and have attempted multiple times to create it but CAW just doesn't like me LOL
    LOL Well, then I'd be glad to give it a try. :D

Do you want all the houses and community lots to be built and rabbit holes to be placed, or just empty lots with crater-like terrain?
    edited August 2014
    I just want the rabbit holes placed cause I have no problem building my own lots for it when it's done but I know some world creators mentioned they like to build in the community lots while working on it so that is up to you :)
    Well, I can definitely get it done faster if I leave all of the lots blank, and you'd be able to make it exactly how you want. But I don't know if you would want to have to build all of your lots... Lol It can be a pain.

I will make it however you want, I don't mind. :D
    oh I've never really filled in a whole world before so didn't think of that could you do just the community lots than?
    Can do! :) Do you have any theme, styles, colors, etc. in mind for the town?
    I'm thinking like a science/nerdy/alien theme cause it's a place where scientist and alien believers gather to study the meteor that fell so no color theme really just kind of desert-y...
    Can I "base" it off of the town Strangetown from The Sims 2? It's deserty, and full of alien believers! LOL
    I can use similar styles of buildings. So, pretty much just modern, but in the desert?
    edited August 2014
    Yes that is fine :) I love Strangetown :) so want something similar to it and mordern works...and i'm not sure if there's a way in-game but could it be possible to have a spaceship crash site?
    oh and if it'll be helpful I can link you to the store content I own I have a list of it in a thread on here:)
    That would be really helpful :D Are your Ep/Sp listed, as well?
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Yes that is fine :) I love Strangetown :) so want something similar to it and mordern works...and i'm not sure if there's a way in-game but could it be possible to have a spaceship crash site?

I might be able to do a crash site using buydebug if you have Into the Future :D
    edited August 2014
    I have All EPs :) I also listed the SPs and worlds I own in the firs post

I'll add my store content as well :)

Edit: I added the list is made up of the sets/compilations I own so I hope that's ok :)
    I have All EPs :) I also listed the SPs and worlds I own in the firs post

I'll add my store content as well :)

Edit: I added the list is made up of the sets/compilations I own so I hope that's ok :)

Perfect! :) I will get to work on it as soon as I can. :D
    Yay...Thank you :)
    Do you mind if I place the Central Park from Sunset Valley as the festival lot?
    That is fine :)
    edited August 2014
    Ohhh one more question! (This is probably not the last, just warning. xD)
    Do you want a lake anywhere?

Edit:
    Also, I have to do this on a large map. In order to make it look like a crater, I needs space. Lol
    edited August 2014
    A large map is fine I was just making a guess on map size cause I knew small would be too small....and A lake would be nice totally forgot about that :)

Edit: I don't mind the questions :) cause I'm sure you'll have a ton as you work on it :)
    GOOD NEWS - I think I got it to work on a Medium map, as long as you dont mind that if you go to the far edge of the map it may be clippy/look... um odd. But in the town itself it shouldn't matter.

And good! I will definitely have a lot. xD

Oh, what types of collectable spawners do you want around? (This includes Gems, Metals, Bugs, Fish, Seeds, etc.)
    edited August 2014
    Sorry to double post - Here's what I've got so far.

10481710_1453951148199632_7432867261009178605_n.jpg?oh=1a17d11e2d88d0f30321c631cfd8f2fd&oe=547A9E50&__gda__=1415264917_93de78e2aeae9bf2e09332bd8c59ccd3

I will be adding some hills, mountains, a lake and it will dip down in the middle a little bit. :)

What types of plants and such would you like? :D
    Can you add in some of each collectable spawners?....for plants just ones that look/find in a dessert so maybe some plants like you'd find in Al Simhara (the desert travel place)
    Can you add in some of each collectable spawners?....for plants just ones that look/find in a dessert so maybe some plants like you'd find in Al Simhara (the desert travel place)

Can do!